BU! woot.

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
even2flow

Re: BU! woot.

Postby even2flow » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:02 pm

Interminable_Waiting wrote:In via phonecall!!!!!! I did miss it due to being at work.

If I get a big scholly I think I will go here; I have lived in New England my whole life and would like to stay. Hoping for $$$.

(Also, I think this demonstrates the importance of calling, especially for people with numbers similar to mine. They either lost my file or were waiting for me to withdraw, because I called last Friday and was let in today)

Congrats!

I only went complete early last month so I'm guessing calling 1 month later wouldn't get me too far, but I will definitely be bugging them if I still hear nothing by April...

cherryalamode

Postby cherryalamode » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:09 pm

Super sad.

Got WL.

:(

Is BU WL a soft reject or do they use their WL pretty extensively? Or somewhere in between?

I'm also curious how many people get WL and how many people get off it and into BU?

moonmaster3

Postby moonmaster3 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:10 pm

cherryalamode wrote:Super sad.

Got WL.

Is BU WL a soft reject or do they use their WL pretty extensively? Or somewhere in between?

I'm also curious how many people get WL and how many people get off it and into BU?

email?zmail?snailmail?whatmail?

mdgold

Postby mdgold » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:12 pm

i called january 29 and they said i was still in review. applied nov 1. should I call again or just wait it out? getting kind of annoying

cherryalamode

Postby cherryalamode » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:13 pm

moonmaster3 wrote:

Got WL.

email?zmail?snailmail?whatmail?

Haha I got the (small) envelope in the mail. SIGH. So depressed!

bakiewakies

Postby bakiewakies » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:14 pm

mdgold wrote:i called january 29 and they said i was still in review. applied nov 1. should I call again or just wait it out? getting kind of annoying

Eh, I'd call. It's been a month!

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:16 pm

Got WL.

sorry to hear that. i guess i should check my mail today when i get home.... im guessing i got rejected most likely and waitlisted if lucky..

but i've been waiting for over 4 months so i don't know what the hold up is...
Last edited by finalaspects on Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rawlsian

Postby Rawlsian » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:17 pm

Interminable_Waiting wrote:In via phonecall!!!!!! I did miss it due to being at work.

If I get a big scholly I think I will go here; I have lived in New England my whole life and would like to stay. Hoping for $$$.

(Also, I think this demonstrates the importance of calling, especially for people with numbers similar to mine. They either lost my file or were waiting for me to withdraw, because I called last Friday and was let in today)

Congrats! Identical numbers, we applied almost the same time; here's hoping to hear something today...

cherryalamode

Postby cherryalamode » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:18 pm

Does anyone know how much BU pulls off their WL?

A little? A lot? Almost none? Is it a soft rejection? Or is there a chance for me?

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:23 pm

cherryalamode wrote:Does anyone know how much BU pulls off their WL?

A little? A lot? Almost none? Is it a soft rejection? Or is there a chance for me?

:( I'm sorry.

I can't say anything about movnig rates (data should be available on LSN) but I CAN tell you that admissions office, the few times I've been there, have been SUPER friendly and open to sitting down and talking to people. I imagine showing some serious continued interest in the school and getting your face/name in there would only help.

PS - When did you go complete and such?

cherryalamode

Postby cherryalamode » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:29 pm

Went complete 1/6/10.

I can't afford to go up there on the off chance they might accept me. Maybe I can call them and ask for a phone interview?

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:32 pm

cherryalamode wrote:Went complete 1/6/10.

I can't afford to go up there on the off chance they might accept me. Maybe I can call them and ask for a phone interview?

PM'd

elle

Postby elle » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:37 pm

I went complete the beginning of january and wondering if i too should call. what did you say when you called?

thanks!

badwithpseudonyms

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:55 pm

*sigh* I'm out at BU too. Hope my money goes to someone still waiting.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:58 pm

elle wrote:

I went complete the beginning of january and wondering if i too should call. what did you say when you called?

thanks!

BU called him first, he missed the call, and called BU back.

As for myself, I've been waiting since oct, and when i contacted them they told me that my file is still in review...

cherryalamode

Postby cherryalamode » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:30 pm

Question:

Why do some people get WL via email (pdf of a waitlist letter) and others get snail mail (actual letter?)...

Their different methods for the same decision is highly unusual to me...

Anyone??

Interminable_Waiting

Postby Interminable_Waiting » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:43 pm

For people who were confused by my above post (I was at work, so it was rather rushed + I had just run outside to listen to my voicemail and I was tired too).

I noticed that a lot of people who had applied after me with worse numbers had been accepted. I applied late December (see LSN). I couldn't take the waiting anymore (see my name), so I called last Friday to make sure nothing had gone wrong with my application, and to reiterate my interest in case they were doing some sort of soft YP (waiting a few weeks to see if I withdrew for a T14 or something). I really am seriously considering school in Boston for two reasons: 1), my SO has a great job in northern New England where we live now and doesn't really want to leave, and 2), I've spoken to a couple of the lawyers where I live and they don't think a T14 degree is significantly better than BU/BC in these secondary cities in northern New England, and I couldn't pay full tuition loans on the salary given to a lawyer in one of these cities... So if I get a decent scholly, I think I will end up here or BC.

Sorry if I confusd people. I just really think my phone call made them realize I wanted to go. Maybe I am just being crazy. Best of luck to everyone else.

cboo

Postby cboo » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:03 pm

In via phonecall just now :D Was in the middle of writing an e-mail to pester the admissions office when they called. Applied 12/28. Got the complete e-mail on 1/18.

Kiersten1985

Postby Kiersten1985 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:06 pm

Veritas wrote:
Havaianas wrote:Anyone with scholarship money - how soon after you were accepted did you find out about their offer? And did you get the offer by snail mail?

snail mail about 2 months after acceptance

Veri, how long after you submitted your financial aid stuff did BU get back to you with the scholly offer?

newyorklaw23

Postby newyorklaw23 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:39 pm

IN via phone call, just now. Submitted 12/24, Complete mid january. Good Luck!!!!!

terpette

Postby terpette » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:07 pm

3.8/166, applied late November and still no word from BU...sounds like I should probably call.... ?

caneman13

Postby caneman13 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:17 pm

Just waitlisted via snail mail. Same day as waitlist from BC

legalnoeagle

Postby legalnoeagle » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:29 pm

In.
Applied 12/3, complete 1/13.

Will be withdrawing soon. Best of luck to those still waiting for a response!

John J. Rambo, Esq.

Postby John J. Rambo, Esq. » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:26 pm

Kiersten1985 wrote:
Veritas wrote:
Havaianas wrote:Anyone with scholarship money - how soon after you were accepted did you find out about their offer? And did you get the offer by snail mail?

snail mail about 2 months after acceptance

Veri, how long after you submitted your financial aid stuff did BU get back to you with the scholly offer?

If it helps... I submitted Need Access on 2/13 and got my financial package on 2/17. FAFSA a few days before Need Access.

friendofthedevil

Postby friendofthedevil » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:02 pm

Rejected! woot.

(snail mail, went complete in january)

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”