Interminable_Waiting wrote:In via phonecall!!!!!! I did miss it due to being at work.
If I get a big scholly I think I will go here; I have lived in New England my whole life and would like to stay. Hoping for $$$.
(Also, I think this demonstrates the importance of calling, especially for people with numbers similar to mine. They either lost my file or were waiting for me to withdraw, because I called last Friday and was let in today)
For people who were confused by my above post (I was at work, so it was rather rushed + I had just run outside to listen to my voicemail and I was tired too).
I noticed that a lot of people who had applied after me with worse numbers had been accepted. I applied late December (see LSN). I couldn't take the waiting anymore (see my name), so I called last Friday to make sure nothing had gone wrong with my application, and to reiterate my interest in case they were doing some sort of soft YP (waiting a few weeks to see if I withdrew for a T14 or something). I really am seriously considering school in Boston for two reasons: 1), my SO has a great job in northern New England where we live now and doesn't really want to leave, and 2), I've spoken to a couple of the lawyers where I live and they don't think a T14 degree is significantly better than BU/BC in these secondary cities in northern New England, and I couldn't pay full tuition loans on the salary given to a lawyer in one of these cities... So if I get a decent scholly, I think I will end up here or BC.
Sorry if I confusd people. I just really think my phone call made them realize I wanted to go. Maybe I am just being crazy. Best of luck to everyone else.