BU! woot.

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby CardinalRules » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:24 am

Veritas wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:
Aren't you in with a scholarship?

yes, does this mean I have a different deadline?

(I'm so confused)


My bad, I'm the one who got confused; see above. :oops:

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Veritas » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:25 am

CardinalRules wrote:
Veritas wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:
Aren't you in with a scholarship?

yes, does this mean I have a different deadline?

(I'm so confused)


My bad, I'm the one who got confused; see above. :oops:

:lol: <3

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Veritas » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:26 am

forty-two wrote:
Veritas wrote:
cherryalamode wrote:Thanks for the luck and same to you!

I for one DO think a 4/1 deadline is unfair. Most schools are 4/15 and what if you're on a waitlist to another school? Most first time deposits are nonrefundable. It's really nice if they are, but in my case, for example, it's not. Why can't it just be May 1? That's even better lol.

damn, BU is 4/1?


I thought it was April 15.

thanks 42, at least someone knows what is going on!!

User avatar
cherryalamode
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby cherryalamode » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:43 am

Ok so I guess deadline is 4/15! Sorry if I helped contribute to the confusion!

lovethelaw88
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:35 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby lovethelaw88 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:44 am

Idk...I for one think this is getting a little ridiculous. I applied in late November. If I have to wait until April to hear back, I'll be really upset. Most of my seat deposits are due on 4/1 and are non-refundable. Unless BU wants to pay the difference, I don't think they should be giving decisions past mid-March.

I paid them to look over my application and give me a decision in an appropriate time frame. Time for them to hold up their end of the bargain.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby finalaspects » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:33 am

cherryalamode wrote:Ok so I guess deadline is 4/15! Sorry if I helped contribute to the confusion!


assuming you're a splitter?

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby finalaspects » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:34 am

lovethelaw88 wrote:Idk...I for one think this is getting a little ridiculous. I applied in late November. If I have to wait until April to hear back, I'll be really upset. Most of my seat deposits are due on 4/1 and are non-refundable. Unless BU wants to pay the difference, I don't think they should be giving decisions past mid-March.

I paid them to look over my application and give me a decision in an appropriate time frame. Time for them to hold up their end of the bargain.


it wasn't stated that we have to have a decision by a certain time. i applied in middle of Oct, so i've been waiting a month longer than you.

User avatar
Interminable_Waiting
Posts: 342
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:17 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Interminable_Waiting » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:30 pm

Any calls today??

I really would prefer to end up in Boston w/ money at BC/BU but these schools won't give me decisions. Aieee!!!

User avatar
mikcou
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:23 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby mikcou » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:12 pm

Interminable_Waiting wrote:Any calls today??

I really would prefer to end up in Boston w/ money at BC/BU but these schools won't give me decisions. Aieee!!!


When did you apply?

User avatar
cherryalamode
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby cherryalamode » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:38 pm

finalaspects wrote:
cherryalamode wrote:Ok so I guess deadline is 4/15! Sorry if I helped contribute to the confusion!


assuming you're a splitter?


Haha yes. A reverse one, to be exact...

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby finalaspects » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:48 pm

cherryalamode wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
cherryalamode wrote:Ok so I guess deadline is 4/15! Sorry if I helped contribute to the confusion!


assuming you're a splitter?


Haha yes. A reverse one, to be exact...


then we'll both be waiting until a few weeks after march 1(deadline) which then they'll start using splitters and reverse splitters to fill up the remaining spots to maintain/improve their stats.

User avatar
cherryalamode
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby cherryalamode » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:52 pm

:(

3/1 isn't too far away and today is friday, but stilllll.... People who give in apps on 2/20 will get a decision before me???

I should've named myself "Life isn't fair" here on TLS. LOL.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby finalaspects » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:54 pm

cherryalamode wrote::(

3/1 isn't too far away and today is friday, but stilllll.... People who give in apps on 2/20 will get a decision before me???

I should've named myself "Life isn't fair" here on TLS. LOL.


a few weeks AFTER 3/1 so they can see the entire pool. they need a few weeks to at least process the last minute applications. and yes people who send in apps today will get priority over us if they have auto accept numbers.

i'm used to it now. my cycle has been pretty horrible so far.

User avatar
cherryalamode
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby cherryalamode » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:58 pm

finalaspects wrote:
cherryalamode wrote::(

3/1 isn't too far away and today is friday, but stilllll.... People who give in apps on 2/20 will get a decision before me???

I should've named myself "Life isn't fair" here on TLS. LOL.


a few weeks AFTER 3/1 so they can see the entire pool. they need a few weeks to at least process the last minute applications. and yes people who send in apps today will get priority over us if they have auto accept numbers.

i'm used to it now. my cycle has been pretty horrible so far.


:(

GL, FA!

User avatar
Cupidity
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Cupidity » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:34 am

So whose going to 3/26?

forty-two
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:33 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby forty-two » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:47 am

Cupidity wrote:So whose going to 3/26?


I'm pretty sure I'll be there. I'm just waiting on money from both BU and BC to make a final decision.

User avatar
Cupidity
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Cupidity » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:51 am

forty-two wrote:
Cupidity wrote:So whose going to 3/26?


I'm pretty sure I'll be there. I'm just waiting on money from both BU and BC to make a final decision.


I'd love BU $ or $$, it's my top choice right now.

forty-two
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:33 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby forty-two » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:04 am

Cupidity wrote:
forty-two wrote:
Cupidity wrote:So whose going to 3/26?


I'm pretty sure I'll be there. I'm just waiting on money from both BU and BC to make a final decision.


I'd love BU $ or $$, it's my top choice right now.


I know! I love the school, but it's hard to justify paying full price.

Edit: Congrats on your Gtown acceptance!
Last edited by forty-two on Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Cupidity
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Cupidity » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:07 am

forty-two wrote:
Cupidity wrote:
forty-two wrote:
Cupidity wrote:So whose going to 3/26?


I'm pretty sure I'll be there. I'm just waiting on money from both BU and BC to make a final decision.


I'd love BU $ or $$, it's my top choice right now.


I know! I love the school, but it's hard to justify paying full price.


#1 career prospects for Princeton isn't that hard.

forty-two
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:33 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby forty-two » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:18 am

Cupidity wrote:
forty-two wrote:
Cupidity wrote:
forty-two wrote:
I'm pretty sure I'll be there. I'm just waiting on money from both BU and BC to make a final decision.


I'd love BU $ or $$, it's my top choice right now.


I know! I love the school, but it's hard to justify paying full price.


#1 career prospects for Princeton isn't that hard.


Edit: I just don't like the thought of so much debt. I still love the school though.
Last edited by forty-two on Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby CardinalRules » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:28 am

Cupidity wrote:


#1 career prospects for Princeton isn't that hard.


Could you explain?

User avatar
Cupidity
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Cupidity » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:25 pm

CardinalRules wrote:
Cupidity wrote:


#1 career prospects for Princeton isn't that hard.


Could you explain?


I think you misunderstood. I wasn't saying "getting #1 isn't hard", I was saying "making the decision to pay full price for #1" isn't that hard. IE: BU is totally worth it.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby CardinalRules » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:27 pm

Cupidity wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:
Cupidity wrote:


#1 career prospects for Princeton isn't that hard.


Could you explain?


I think you misunderstood. I wasn't saying "getting #1 isn't hard", I was saying "making the decision to pay full price for #1" isn't that hard. IE: BU is totally worth it.


What does Princeton have to do with it?

User avatar
Cupidity
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Cupidity » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:36 pm

:roll: Princeton Review's Law Schools rankings book...... that ranks BU btwn #10--->#1 regularly

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby CardinalRules » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:38 pm

Cupidity wrote::roll: Princeton Review's Law Schools rankings book...... that ranks BU btwn #10--->#1 regularly


Got it! The only rankings of which I knew were USNWR. Sorry for the confusion!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amberb94, Christinabruin, fountainja, Google [Bot] and 17 guests