BU! woot.

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Blindmelon

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Blindmelon » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:20 pm

TripleK wrote:Waitlisted... just found out today

Least I heard back from them.

Anyone know what BU's waitlist normally looks like and if they have a reputation for going deep into it or not?

Thanks

I know 3 people who got off the WL. 2 were probably WL'ed just because they applied super late (really high scores), and 1 got off because of an LSAT retake. It happens... but 2 of the ones I know that took the off WL offer had really high scores - 171/3.5.

JusticeHarlan

Postby JusticeHarlan » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:24 pm

Also wait listed via email. Stats/dates in LSN in profile.

therealfp

Postby therealfp » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:39 pm

meowmeow wrote:Recieved acceptance packet with a really cute handwritten note

if by cute you mean it looked like it was written by a second-grader, then yes.

JMBrown32

Postby JMBrown32 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:27 pm

In via phone call yesterday afternoon. I'm actually a little surprised. :D

meowmeow

Postby meowmeow » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:30 pm

therealfp wrote:
meowmeow wrote:Recieved acceptance packet with a really cute handwritten note

if by cute you mean it looked like it was written by a second-grader, then yes.

LOL!! Good point but still cute nonetheless!!

ryguy

Postby ryguy » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:30 pm

JMBrown32 wrote:In via phone call yesterday afternoon. I'm actually a little surprised. :D

CONGRATS!!! I wish I could get a call.

cherryalamode

Postby cherryalamode » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:41 pm

ryguy wrote:
JMBrown32 wrote:In via phone call yesterday afternoon. I'm actually a little surprised. :D

CONGRATS!!! I wish I could get a call.

+ Infinity.

SkyRiver

Postby SkyRiver » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:25 pm

My heart almost exploded when I got a 617 call the other day. Turns out it was just BU's emergency robo-caller. I'm a non-religious agnostic but I'm praying every day to get in...

blerg

Postby blerg » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:48 pm

SkyRiver wrote:My heart almost exploded when I got a 617 call the other day. Turns out it was just BU's emergency robo-caller. I'm a non-religious agnostic but I'm praying every day to get in...

Me too.

Also, I live in Boston so EVERY SINGLE CALL that comes from my dentist/doctor/friends' offices/whatever makes my heart jump.

cherryalamode

Postby cherryalamode » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:50 pm

blerg wrote:
SkyRiver wrote:My heart almost exploded when I got a 617 call the other day. Turns out it was just BU's emergency robo-caller. I'm a non-religious agnostic but I'm praying every day to get in...

Me too.

Also, I live in Boston so EVERY SINGLE CALL that comes from my dentist/doctor/friends' offices/whatever makes my heart jump.

OMG I feel really bad for you, lol. Seriously, NO ONE from Boston calls me so this would be no problem for me... if only they would just CALL me. I don't want them to NOT call me because that means I'm getting something mailed or emailed, and THAT means WL/ding. SO PLEASE CALL ME!!

Cupidity

Postby Cupidity » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:07 pm

Call from a student (ambassador or something), straight up said it would be my choice for a 10-15k a year scholarship. He said he'd mark it in my file for the adcomms to see :wink: --made my day.

Geist13

Postby Geist13 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:44 pm

ugh. waitlist. 167 3.09. This is what I was expecting, but it still really really stings. Only one of two schools I really had any attachment to (that I had a realistic shot at getting accepted). Been wait listed at both.

Does anyone have any waitlist suggestions?

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:47 pm

Geist13 wrote:ugh. waitlist. 167 3.09. This is what I was expecting, but it still really really stings. Only one of two schools I really had any attachment to (that I had a realistic shot at getting accepted). Been wait listed at both.

Does anyone have any waitlist suggestions?

was the waitlist by snail mail or email?

Geist13

Postby Geist13 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:49 pm

email with an attachment. complete mid novemeber for those interested.

rtw

Postby rtw » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:13 pm

Hey sorry can someone enlighten me on BU's process... is it snail mail/ calls for acceptances and emails for everything else ?

2013esq

Postby 2013esq » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:14 pm

Waitlisted via attachment in email. Happy it's not a flat-out rejection! Applied end of November; complete in early December.

SAE

Postby SAE » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:46 am

How do rejections come in? Snail mail?

Starting to wonder if yesterday's waitlist wave missing me is a good thing...

JusticeHarlan

Postby JusticeHarlan » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:04 am

SAE wrote:How do rejections come in? Snail mail?

I'm pretty sure they come via snail mail.

But I wouldn't assume anything yet. When did you go complete? I got waitlisted yesterday and I'd been complete since November (a week short of three months). Unless you've been waiting a while, missing the waitlist doesn't necessarily mean you're getting dinged.

SAE

Postby SAE » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:06 am

JusticeHarlan wrote:I'm pretty sure they come via snail mail.

But I wouldn't assume anything yet. When did you go complete? I got waitlisted yesterday and I'd been complete since November (a week short of three months). Unless you've been waiting a while, missing the waitlist doesn't necessarily mean you're getting dinged.

Thanks for the encouragement. Complete first half of January.

Also, is BU's waitlist just a prolonged rejection or is there a realistic possibility or getting in?

JusticeHarlan

Postby JusticeHarlan » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:11 am

SAE wrote:
JusticeHarlan wrote:I'm pretty sure they come via snail mail.

Thanks for the encouragement. Complete first half of January.

Also, is BU's waitlist just a prolonged rejection or is there a realistic possibility or getting in?

Yeah, definitely a little early for you to worry, I'd say.

Hard to tell about their wait list. Looking at LSN, they seem to have no problem dinging people, and the wait list folk still seem to be right on a diagonal line bordering the admits and rejections. I wouldn't be surprised if they go to it, but I have no real data to prove that. Just wishful thinking.

I think they're trying to move their median up to 167, which might mean they'd be reticent to dip into the 166s. But we'll see.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:23 am

JusticeHarlan wrote:

so since ive been waiting since oct... that means im getting rejected?

JusticeHarlan

Postby JusticeHarlan » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:29 am

finalaspects wrote:
JusticeHarlan wrote:

so since ive been waiting since oct... that means im getting rejected?

My best guess is that they have no idea what to do with you. They seem to have rejected people who've gone complete in early January, but mostly its been earlier than that. I'd guess if you were gonna get a straight up ding they'd have done so already, but, then again, I'm just some guy on the internet who's been looking through LSN and reading this thread. I really don't have any real inside knowledge or anything.

SAE

Postby SAE » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:31 am

Has anyone gotten in who's been complete for a long time?

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:31 am

JusticeHarlan wrote:My best guess is that they have no idea what to do with you. They seem to have rejected people who've gone complete in early January, but mostly its been earlier than that. I'd guess if you were gonna get a straight up ding they'd have done so already, but, then again, I'm just some guy on the internet who's been looking through LSN and reading this thread. I really don't have any real inside knowledge or anything.

well i've been a splitter where BU seemed to have made no decisions for a while. they have just started waitlisting them according to lsn... but i figure they will be rejecting some splitters and i'll probably be one of them. 168 with a low low gpa.

JusticeHarlan

Postby JusticeHarlan » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:33 am

finalaspects wrote:
JusticeHarlan wrote:My best guess is that they have no idea what to do with you. They seem to have rejected people who've gone complete in early January, but mostly its been earlier than that. I'd guess if you were gonna get a straight up ding they'd have done so already, but, then again, I'm just some guy on the internet who's been looking through LSN and reading this thread. I really don't have any real inside knowledge or anything.

well i've been a splitter where BU seemed to have made no decisions for a while. they have just started waitlisting them according to lsn... but i figure they will be rejecting some splitters and i'll probably be one of them. 168 with a low low gpa.

Good luck, splitters are tough to predict; I'd hope your LSAT sways them in the end.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”