BU! woot.

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Blindmelon
Posts: 1708
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:13 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Blindmelon » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:20 pm

TripleK wrote:Waitlisted... just found out today

Least I heard back from them.

Anyone know what BU's waitlist normally looks like and if they have a reputation for going deep into it or not?

Thanks


I know 3 people who got off the WL. 2 were probably WL'ed just because they applied super late (really high scores), and 1 got off because of an LSAT retake. It happens... but 2 of the ones I know that took the off WL offer had really high scores - 171/3.5.

User avatar
JusticeHarlan
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby JusticeHarlan » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:24 pm

Also wait listed via email. Stats/dates in LSN in profile.

therealfp
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 12:15 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby therealfp » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:39 pm

meowmeow wrote:Recieved acceptance packet with a really cute handwritten note


if by cute you mean it looked like it was written by a second-grader, then yes.

User avatar
JMBrown32
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:59 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby JMBrown32 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:27 pm

In via phone call yesterday afternoon. I'm actually a little surprised. :D

meowmeow
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:45 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby meowmeow » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:30 pm

therealfp wrote:
meowmeow wrote:Recieved acceptance packet with a really cute handwritten note


if by cute you mean it looked like it was written by a second-grader, then yes.


LOL!! Good point but still cute nonetheless!!

User avatar
ryguy
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:13 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby ryguy » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:30 pm

JMBrown32 wrote:In via phone call yesterday afternoon. I'm actually a little surprised. :D

CONGRATS!!! I wish I could get a call.

User avatar
cherryalamode
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby cherryalamode » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:41 pm

ryguy wrote:
JMBrown32 wrote:In via phone call yesterday afternoon. I'm actually a little surprised. :D

CONGRATS!!! I wish I could get a call.


+ Infinity.

SkyRiver
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:34 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby SkyRiver » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:25 pm

My heart almost exploded when I got a 617 call the other day. Turns out it was just BU's emergency robo-caller. I'm a non-religious agnostic but I'm praying every day to get in...

User avatar
blerg
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:52 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby blerg » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:48 pm

SkyRiver wrote:My heart almost exploded when I got a 617 call the other day. Turns out it was just BU's emergency robo-caller. I'm a non-religious agnostic but I'm praying every day to get in...



Me too.

Also, I live in Boston so EVERY SINGLE CALL that comes from my dentist/doctor/friends' offices/whatever makes my heart jump.

User avatar
cherryalamode
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby cherryalamode » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:50 pm

blerg wrote:
SkyRiver wrote:My heart almost exploded when I got a 617 call the other day. Turns out it was just BU's emergency robo-caller. I'm a non-religious agnostic but I'm praying every day to get in...



Me too.

Also, I live in Boston so EVERY SINGLE CALL that comes from my dentist/doctor/friends' offices/whatever makes my heart jump.


OMG I feel really bad for you, lol. Seriously, NO ONE from Boston calls me so this would be no problem for me... if only they would just CALL me. I don't want them to NOT call me because that means I'm getting something mailed or emailed, and THAT means WL/ding. SO PLEASE CALL ME!!

User avatar
Cupidity
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Cupidity » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:07 pm

Call from a student (ambassador or something), straight up said it would be my choice for a 10-15k a year scholarship. He said he'd mark it in my file for the adcomms to see :wink: --made my day.

Geist13
Posts: 739
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:21 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Geist13 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:44 pm

ugh. waitlist. 167 3.09. This is what I was expecting, but it still really really stings. Only one of two schools I really had any attachment to (that I had a realistic shot at getting accepted). Been wait listed at both.

Does anyone have any waitlist suggestions?

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby finalaspects » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:47 pm

Geist13 wrote:ugh. waitlist. 167 3.09. This is what I was expecting, but it still really really stings. Only one of two schools I really had any attachment to (that I had a realistic shot at getting accepted). Been wait listed at both.

Does anyone have any waitlist suggestions?


was the waitlist by snail mail or email?

Geist13
Posts: 739
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:21 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Geist13 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:49 pm

email with an attachment. complete mid novemeber for those interested.

rtw
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:57 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby rtw » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:13 pm

Hey sorry can someone enlighten me on BU's process... is it snail mail/ calls for acceptances and emails for everything else ?

2013esq
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:12 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby 2013esq » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:14 pm

Waitlisted via attachment in email. Happy it's not a flat-out rejection! Applied end of November; complete in early December.

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby SAE » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:46 am

How do rejections come in? Snail mail?

Starting to wonder if yesterday's waitlist wave missing me is a good thing...

User avatar
JusticeHarlan
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby JusticeHarlan » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:04 am

SAE wrote:How do rejections come in? Snail mail?

Starting to wonder if yesterday's waitlist wave missing me is a good thing...

I'm pretty sure they come via snail mail.

But I wouldn't assume anything yet. When did you go complete? I got waitlisted yesterday and I'd been complete since November (a week short of three months). Unless you've been waiting a while, missing the waitlist doesn't necessarily mean you're getting dinged.

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby SAE » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:06 am

JusticeHarlan wrote:I'm pretty sure they come via snail mail.

But I wouldn't assume anything yet. When did you go complete? I got waitlisted yesterday and I'd been complete since November (a week short of three months). Unless you've been waiting a while, missing the waitlist doesn't necessarily mean you're getting dinged.

Thanks for the encouragement. Complete first half of January.

Also, is BU's waitlist just a prolonged rejection or is there a realistic possibility or getting in?

User avatar
JusticeHarlan
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby JusticeHarlan » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:11 am

SAE wrote:
JusticeHarlan wrote:I'm pretty sure they come via snail mail.

But I wouldn't assume anything yet. When did you go complete? I got waitlisted yesterday and I'd been complete since November (a week short of three months). Unless you've been waiting a while, missing the waitlist doesn't necessarily mean you're getting dinged.

Thanks for the encouragement. Complete first half of January.

Also, is BU's waitlist just a prolonged rejection or is there a realistic possibility or getting in?

Yeah, definitely a little early for you to worry, I'd say.

Hard to tell about their wait list. Looking at LSN, they seem to have no problem dinging people, and the wait list folk still seem to be right on a diagonal line bordering the admits and rejections. I wouldn't be surprised if they go to it, but I have no real data to prove that. Just wishful thinking.

I think they're trying to move their median up to 167, which might mean they'd be reticent to dip into the 166s. But we'll see.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby finalaspects » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:23 am

JusticeHarlan wrote:
SAE wrote:How do rejections come in? Snail mail?

Starting to wonder if yesterday's waitlist wave missing me is a good thing...

I'm pretty sure they come via snail mail.

But I wouldn't assume anything yet. When did you go complete? I got waitlisted yesterday and I'd been complete since November (a week short of three months). Unless you've been waiting a while, missing the waitlist doesn't necessarily mean you're getting dinged.


so since ive been waiting since oct... that means im getting rejected?

User avatar
JusticeHarlan
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby JusticeHarlan » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:29 am

finalaspects wrote:
JusticeHarlan wrote:
SAE wrote:How do rejections come in? Snail mail?

Starting to wonder if yesterday's waitlist wave missing me is a good thing...

I'm pretty sure they come via snail mail.

But I wouldn't assume anything yet. When did you go complete? I got waitlisted yesterday and I'd been complete since November (a week short of three months). Unless you've been waiting a while, missing the waitlist doesn't necessarily mean you're getting dinged.


so since ive been waiting since oct... that means im getting rejected?

My best guess is that they have no idea what to do with you. They seem to have rejected people who've gone complete in early January, but mostly its been earlier than that. I'd guess if you were gonna get a straight up ding they'd have done so already, but, then again, I'm just some guy on the internet who's been looking through LSN and reading this thread. I really don't have any real inside knowledge or anything.

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby SAE » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:31 am

Has anyone gotten in who's been complete for a long time?

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby finalaspects » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:31 am

JusticeHarlan wrote:My best guess is that they have no idea what to do with you. They seem to have rejected people who've gone complete in early January, but mostly its been earlier than that. I'd guess if you were gonna get a straight up ding they'd have done so already, but, then again, I'm just some guy on the internet who's been looking through LSN and reading this thread. I really don't have any real inside knowledge or anything.


well i've been a splitter where BU seemed to have made no decisions for a while. they have just started waitlisting them according to lsn... but i figure they will be rejecting some splitters and i'll probably be one of them. 168 with a low low gpa.

User avatar
JusticeHarlan
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby JusticeHarlan » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:33 am

finalaspects wrote:
JusticeHarlan wrote:My best guess is that they have no idea what to do with you. They seem to have rejected people who've gone complete in early January, but mostly its been earlier than that. I'd guess if you were gonna get a straight up ding they'd have done so already, but, then again, I'm just some guy on the internet who's been looking through LSN and reading this thread. I really don't have any real inside knowledge or anything.


well i've been a splitter where BU seemed to have made no decisions for a while. they have just started waitlisting them according to lsn... but i figure they will be rejecting some splitters and i'll probably be one of them. 168 with a low low gpa.

Good luck, splitters are tough to predict; I'd hope your LSAT sways them in the end.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandros, AZnative, neptunian, oliviaj_j, Photomike2, tlsfan13 and 20 guests