BU! woot.

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lawyering

Bronze
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:27 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby lawyering » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:17 pm

luckyjd wrote:
lawyering wrote:
thanks! probably...although i won't likely be taking BU up on their amazing offer. sigh. i'll just be poor for the rest of my life ;)


okay. just looked at your school list. you deserve to be poor the rest of your life :roll:
mr/ms harvard stanford blah blah



lol, maybe ill see you at harvard in the fall ;-)

mdgold

New
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby mdgold » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:51 pm

What is the zip code bu callls from? Or is it a blocked number?

User avatar
Veritas

Gold
Posts: 2695
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Veritas » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:59 pm

mdgold wrote:What is the zip code bu callls from? Or is it a blocked number?

the area code is 617

User avatar
JayTal

Bronze
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 8:15 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby JayTal » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:01 pm

The fact that OSU is 614 kind of sucks. My heart fluttered more than once when I saw 61...4 (damn)

User avatar
Veritas

Gold
Posts: 2695
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Veritas » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:03 pm

JayTal wrote:The fact that OSU is 614 kind of sucks. My heart fluttered more than once when I saw 61...4 (damn)

Doesn't matter now!! You have $60k at BU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

User avatar
JayTal

Bronze
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 8:15 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby JayTal » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:07 pm

Veritas wrote:
JayTal wrote:The fact that OSU is 614 kind of sucks. My heart fluttered more than once when I saw 61...4 (damn)

Doesn't matter now!! You have $60k at BU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D


Ha! Touche :D

boldaslove13

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:13 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby boldaslove13 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:40 pm

Havaianas wrote:Anyone with scholarship money - how soon after you were accepted did you find out about their offer? And did you get the offer by snail mail?



snail mail, letter was included in my acceptance packet (around feb 2nd)

User avatar
Havaianas

Bronze
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Havaianas » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:06 pm

boldaslove13 wrote:
Havaianas wrote:Anyone with scholarship money - how soon after you were accepted did you find out about their offer? And did you get the offer by snail mail?



snail mail, letter was included in my acceptance packet (around feb 2nd)


oh man - except for a few people who got their scholarships later its not looking too hopeful considering I got my acceptance packet a few weeks ago...

User avatar
Veritas

Gold
Posts: 2695
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Veritas » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:32 pm

Havaianas wrote:
boldaslove13 wrote:
Havaianas wrote:Anyone with scholarship money - how soon after you were accepted did you find out about their offer? And did you get the offer by snail mail?



snail mail, letter was included in my acceptance packet (around feb 2nd)


oh man - except for a few people who got their scholarships later its not looking too hopeful considering I got my acceptance packet a few weeks ago...

keep your chin up, mine was a merit/need based scholarship. Get your financial aid forms in!!

therealfp

New
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 12:15 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby therealfp » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:05 pm

Veritas wrote:
Havaianas wrote:
boldaslove13 wrote:
Havaianas wrote:Anyone with scholarship money - how soon after you were accepted did you find out about their offer? And did you get the offer by snail mail?



snail mail, letter was included in my acceptance packet (around feb 2nd)


oh man - except for a few people who got their scholarships later its not looking too hopeful considering I got my acceptance packet a few weeks ago...

keep your chin up, mine was a merit/need based scholarship. Get your financial aid forms in!!


I'm praying for that extra letter in the packet...I just got a full ride to Cardozo, and I hate having to make a decision based predominantly on finances. Regardless, I'll try to work a bit of negotiating strategy to squeeze as many dollars as possible out of BU.

User avatar
John J. Rambo, Esq.

Bronze
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:04 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby John J. Rambo, Esq. » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:45 pm

Anybody know anything more about the Public Interest Scholarship? Somebody said it is 30k/year. What kind of numbers were required last year? Or do the criteria lean more to the "soft" side?

therealfp

New
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 12:15 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby therealfp » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:55 pm

application packet in the mailbox when I got home, and it had a $15k per year scholarship inside...god that helps

newlaw77

New
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:22 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby newlaw77 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:09 pm

Is BU making calls today?

User avatar
lawyergirl:)

New
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:15 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby lawyergirl:) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:58 pm

newlaw77 wrote:Is BU making calls today?

Bump... anyone know?

User avatar
dudester

Bronze
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:23 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby dudester » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:10 pm

lawyergirl:) wrote:
newlaw77 wrote:Is BU making calls today?

Bump... anyone know?


*Asks crystal ball

User avatar
cendien

Bronze
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:24 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby cendien » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:51 pm

lawyergirl:) wrote:
newlaw77 wrote:Is BU making calls today?

Bump... anyone know?


In today via phone call! Said they'd mail the packet tomorrow.

Soo.. yes, I would say they are making calls today.

mutfro

New
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:30 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby mutfro » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:39 pm

cendien wrote:
lawyergirl:) wrote:
newlaw77 wrote:Is BU making calls today?

Bump... anyone know?


In today via phone call! Said they'd mail the packet tomorrow.

Soo.. yes, I would say they are making calls today.

+1!!

User avatar
Bikeflip

Gold
Posts: 1861
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:01 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Bikeflip » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:28 pm

In via email, abroad. 168 3.87 December LSAT

phoenix2010

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:29 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby phoenix2010 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:47 pm

In today via phone call. Complete 1/13.

mdgold

New
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby mdgold » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:52 pm

cendien wrote:
lawyergirl:) wrote:
newlaw77 wrote:Is BU making calls today?

Bump... anyone know?


In today via phone call! Said they'd mail the packet tomorrow.

Soo.. yes, I would say they are making calls today.


When did you apply/go complete?

I have very similar stats (168/3.35) and applied 11/1 and haven't heard anything yet. Should I be getting worried?

hugoboss

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:34 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby hugoboss » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:18 pm

no i applied 12/15 w/ 167, 3.5 and havent heard back either

meowmeow

Bronze
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:45 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby meowmeow » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:19 am

Recieved acceptance packet with a really cute handwritten note

Burger in a can

Silver
Posts: 1116
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Burger in a can » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:16 pm

Waitlisted via email, withdrew from waitlist online. I felt honored to be waitlisted rather than rejected outright, but BU would just be too expensive compared to my other options at this point. (plus, withdrawing from the waitlist is better for my ego than being rejected from the waitlist!) Good luck to everyone! :)
Last edited by Burger in a can on Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TripleK

New
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:43 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby TripleK » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:17 pm

Waitlisted... just found out today

Least I heard back from them.

Anyone know what BU's waitlist normally looks like and if they have a reputation for going deep into it or not?

Thanks

User avatar
Blindmelon

Gold
Posts: 1708
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:13 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Blindmelon » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:20 pm

TripleK wrote:Waitlisted... just found out today

Least I heard back from them.

Anyone know what BU's waitlist normally looks like and if they have a reputation for going deep into it or not?

Thanks


I know 3 people who got off the WL. 2 were probably WL'ed just because they applied super late (really high scores), and 1 got off because of an LSAT retake. It happens... but 2 of the ones I know that took the off WL offer had really high scores - 171/3.5.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests