BU! woot.

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
cherryalamode
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby cherryalamode » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:15 am

BU in mailbox = bad.
That means WL/Rejection.
What you should be hoping for is a phone call.

I take my phone with me everywhere and I pray for it to ring lol. And get disappointed when its not a (617) area code. SIGH.

holidayfromreal
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:56 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby holidayfromreal » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:21 am

cherryalamode wrote:BU in mailbox = bad.
That means WL/Rejection.
What you should be hoping for is a phone call.

I take my phone with me everywhere and I pray for it to ring lol. And get disappointed when its not a (617) area code. SIGH.


I never received a phone call, just an acceptance packet in the mail

User avatar
cherryalamode
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby cherryalamode » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:41 am

efusty06 wrote:
cherryalamode wrote:BU in mailbox = bad.
That means WL/Rejection.
What you should be hoping for is a phone call.

I take my phone with me everywhere and I pray for it to ring lol. And get disappointed when its not a (617) area code. SIGH.


I never received a phone call, just an acceptance packet in the mail


Really?????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

This is news to me. Good news. If I get no phone call and a letter I guess I can still hold out hope before I open the envelope....

moonmaster3
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:56 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby moonmaster3 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:35 am

bissey wrote:waitlist.


Did they ask for your fall grades? Your LSAT seems solid enough.

User avatar
Katerina
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:54 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Katerina » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:59 am

WL email this morning... oh well, BC it is! :mrgreen:

therealfp
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 12:15 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby therealfp » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:20 pm

Just got the call, I am IN!
166, 3.74, UR 1/25

This is definitely my first choice on the east coast, so I am pleased to say the least.

somethingclever
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:44 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby somethingclever » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:22 pm

Hello all. I am in Peru for the next few months. I thought I had committed the admitted students user and password to memory, however I cannot get in so I must be wrong. Can someone PM the info?

Its looking more and more like BU might be where I end up and I need to look into seat deposits etc.

Thanks.

elle
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:26 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby elle » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:28 pm

therealfp wrote:Just got the call, I am IN!
166, 3.74, UR 1/25

This is definitely my first choice on the east coast, so I am pleased to say the least.


Congrat for you acceptance.

How do you know that you were UR on 1/25? When did you apply?

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Veritas » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:33 pm

therealfp wrote:Just got the call, I am IN!
166, 3.74, UR 1/25

This is definitely my first choice on the east coast, so I am pleased to say the least.

congrats!!

therealfp
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 12:15 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby therealfp » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:20 pm

elle wrote:
therealfp wrote:Just got the call, I am IN!
166, 3.74, UR 1/25

This is definitely my first choice on the east coast, so I am pleased to say the least.


Congrat for you acceptance.

How do you know that you were UR on 1/25? When did you apply?


I had received 2 identical emails from BU on the 25th and 27th saying that my file was complete and "ready for review"...I took this to mean that I was under review. I had submitted my app on 1/9.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Veritas » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:55 pm

they took me back :D :D

in at bu with $60k

User avatar
dudester
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:23 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby dudester » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:59 pm

Veritas wrote:they took me back :D :D

in at bu with $60k


for reals?!

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Veritas » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:00 pm

dudester wrote:
Veritas wrote:they took me back :D :D

in at bu with $60k


for reals?!

ya! I am so appreciative, omg you have no idea

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby jks289 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:01 pm

Veritas wrote:they took me back :D :D

in at bu with $60k


Yay!!! Congrats! I knew they would, it is such a silly mistake. Congrats on all the money too. So is BU your frontrunner now? Can you remind me of your numbers? I think we are close.

moonmaster3
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:56 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby moonmaster3 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:01 pm

Veritas wrote:
dudester wrote:
Veritas wrote:they took me back :D :D

in at bu with $60k


for reals?!

ya! I am so appreciative, omg you have no idea


so are you going to go?

User avatar
dudester
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:23 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby dudester » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:02 pm

Veritas wrote:
dudester wrote:
Veritas wrote:they took me back :D :D

in at bu with $60k


for reals?!

ya! I am so appreciative, omg you have no idea


Congrats! That is some serious dough. Where's BU on your list now that it came back from the grave?

floppymex
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:00 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby floppymex » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:02 pm

Veritas wrote:they took me back :D :D

in at bu with $60k


Congrats! Guess I won't see you in Bloomington in the fall.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Veritas » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:03 pm

floppymex wrote:
Veritas wrote:they took me back :D :D

in at bu with $60k


Congrats! Guess I won't see you in Bloomington in the fall.

:(

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Veritas » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:04 pm

dudester wrote:
Veritas wrote:
dudester wrote:
Veritas wrote:they took me back :D :D

in at bu with $60k


for reals?!

ya! I am so appreciative, omg you have no idea


Congrats! That is some serious dough. Where's BU on your list now that it came back from the grave?

it just shot up to number one don't tell the other schools

User avatar
JayTal
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 8:15 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby JayTal » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:04 pm

Congratz! Hopefully they'll throw some money at me and I'll cya this fall!

User avatar
bissey
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 5:12 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby bissey » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:06 pm

moonmaster3 wrote:
bissey wrote:waitlist.


Did they ask for your fall grades? Your LSAT seems solid enough.


nope. heard nothing for about 4 months til the WL.

any experience with the waitlist? common sense would say even if i was accepted off waitlist, i would get no money, right?

forty-two
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:33 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby forty-two » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:08 pm

Veritas wrote:they took me back :D :D

in at bu with $60k


Yay, congrats!

Also, your scholarship gives me hope because I think we got similar amounts at W&L. I think I'm going to go sit by my mailbox now. I'll probably be disappointed, but a girl can hope.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Veritas » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:11 pm

forty-two wrote:
Veritas wrote:they took me back :D :D

in at bu with $60k


Yay, congrats!

Also, your scholarship gives me hope because I think we got similar amounts at W&L. I think I'm going to go sit by my mailbox now. I'll probably be disappointed, but a girl can hope.

Yes, she said part of it involved reviewing my need access form - but it wasn't need based, it was like a combination of factors. So get your fin aid forms in asap.

That phone call calmed so much anxiety...

forty-two
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:33 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby forty-two » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:14 pm

Veritas wrote:
forty-two wrote:
Veritas wrote:they took me back :D :D

in at bu with $60k


Yay, congrats!

Also, your scholarship gives me hope because I think we got similar amounts at W&L. I think I'm going to go sit by my mailbox now. I'll probably be disappointed, but a girl can hope.

Yes, she said part of it involved reviewing my need access form - but it wasn't need based, it was like a combination of factors. So get your fin aid forms in asap.

That phone call calmed so much anxiety...


Thanks for the info. Unfortunately that means getting my extremely flaky father to do his taxes...I've been bugging him about it for over a month already. Sigh, I guess I just have to call him again.

User avatar
JayTal
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 8:15 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby JayTal » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:16 pm

So it wasn't need based but they needed your financial information? Well here's to hoping! Again, congratz!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: applicationquestions, Keilz, RickyBunny, trohara14 and 14 guests