BU! woot.

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby finalaspects » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:50 pm

Notor wrote:
extempore88 wrote:A scan of my waitlist letter arrived by email today. UR since mid December.

Same, complete early November


still nothing. complete mid-oct

moonmaster3
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:56 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby moonmaster3 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:52 pm

They e-mailed you a scanned image of your waitlist letter?

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby tram988 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:05 pm

just waitlisted via email a second ago-- thank god I have BC :P I'll be withdrawing shortly

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby finalaspects » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:06 pm

man all of you guys who are being waitlisted just makes it seem like i'll get straight out rejected...

what time was the email stamped at?

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby tram988 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:07 pm

finalaspects wrote:man all of you guys who are being waitlisted just makes it seem like i'll get straight out rejected...

what time was the email stamped at?


5:57 PM Eastern.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby finalaspects » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:08 pm

tram988 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:man all of you guys who are being waitlisted just makes it seem like i'll get straight out rejected...

what time was the email stamped at?


5:57 PM Eastern.


guess my rejection will take a few days to come through snail mail...

User avatar
extempore88
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:08 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby extempore88 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:15 pm

.
Last edited by extempore88 on Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

nyskidude
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:05 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby nyskidude » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:41 pm

Waitlisted today via e-mail with a PDF of the waitlist letter attached to it. I would have not had a clue about what the decision without opening said PDF if the e-mail wasn't from waitlist@bu.edu haha. I really want another acceptance. I was spoiled early, and now with a lot of rejects/waitlists in a row, I would love another acceptance somewhere.

LSATfromNC
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby LSATfromNC » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:48 pm

Waitlisted, peace out BU.

User avatar
NU_Jet55
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby NU_Jet55 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:57 pm

I applied to BU on Feb 2nd; when can I expect to hear back?

BTW, I am borderline-164/3.9

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby finalaspects » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:02 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:I applied to BU on Feb 2nd; when can I expect to hear back?

BTW, I am borderline-164/3.9


that all depends. i myself have been complete since mid-oct and nothing. and i know at least a handful of people who have been complete since late oct to near november that have not heard back.

then again a lot of others who went complete after that have heard back so yea... your gpa makes you a nice candidate but your LSAT is around their 25% i believe... but looking on LSN they have accepted a few people with 164 that had a GPA over 3.75. but i think they applied very early.

ultimately you never know...

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11720
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby kalvano » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:06 pm

Seriously, what the hell?

Either reject me or accept, but stop toying with me.

User avatar
JusticeHarlan
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby JusticeHarlan » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:17 pm

I saw all the posts about getting wait list emails, so I checked my spam filter. Nothing from BU, but a fee waiver (or something) from Regent Law. Only law school email to wind up in the spam filter. Just thought that was amusing.

see18
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby see18 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:39 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:I applied to BU on Feb 2nd; when can I expect to hear back?

BTW, I am borderline-164/3.9



I got in with a 164/3.8~, but I just heard last week after applying in November.

elevatorlove
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:04 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby elevatorlove » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:16 pm

Got the call 12/14 and just received a scholarship letter today for $10,000 a year.

User avatar
JayTal
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 8:15 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby JayTal » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:24 pm

elevatorlove wrote:Got the call 12/14 and just received a scholarship letter today for $10,000 a year.


Mind my asking what your numbers are? And still more good news that scholly info is to follow!

elevatorlove
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:04 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby elevatorlove » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:31 pm

JayTal wrote:
elevatorlove wrote:Got the call 12/14 and just received a scholarship letter today for $10,000 a year.


Mind my asking what your numbers are? And still more good news that scholly info is to follow!


Yes, it is definitely good news!

167, 3.55.

zgreen
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:19 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby zgreen » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:32 pm

Waitlisted and somewhat suprised. I was really excited about BU and thought I was in the range for scholarship consideration. Not too disapointed though. Can't expect much as a splitter.

caneman13
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:02 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby caneman13 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:35 pm

JusticeHarlan wrote:I saw all the posts about getting wait list emails, so I checked my spam filter. Nothing from BU, but a fee waiver (or something) from Regent Law. Only law school email to wind up in the spam filter. Just thought that was amusing.


just checked my spam...got the same email from regent haha

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby robin600 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:56 pm

Dear BU,
Please just read my application. It's been sitting on your desk since September.
Thank you,
robin600

User avatar
bissey
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 5:12 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby bissey » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:07 pm

waitlist.

User avatar
cherryalamode
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby cherryalamode » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:11 pm

automaticpilot wrote:
Interminable_Waiting wrote:Dammit BU Admissions.

I hate when schools randomly send some random admissions email about something random.

My heart skipped a beat when I just received one from them; of course it has nothing to do with them admitting me.


+1. I flipped out at work today when I got this email.



WTF? I didn't get ANYTHING?!?!?!?!!!

What does this MEAN? *pulls hair out and falls on knees*

floppymex
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:00 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby floppymex » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:16 pm

robin600 wrote:Dear BU,
Please just read my application. It's been sitting on your desk since September.
Thank you,
robin600


+1, minus the robin600 signature

User avatar
mikcou
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:23 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby mikcou » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:30 pm

elevatorlove wrote:
JayTal wrote:
elevatorlove wrote:Got the call 12/14 and just received a scholarship letter today for $10,000 a year.


Mind my asking what your numbers are? And still more good news that scholly info is to follow!


Yes, it is definitely good news!

167, 3.55.


very good news, thats right around where I am (3.52/167)

User avatar
JayTal
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 8:15 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby JayTal » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:42 pm

mikcou wrote:
elevatorlove wrote:
JayTal wrote:
elevatorlove wrote:Got the call 12/14 and just received a scholarship letter today for $10,000 a year.


Mind my asking what your numbers are? And still more good news that scholly info is to follow!


Yes, it is definitely good news!

167, 3.55.


very good news, thats right around where I am (3.52/167)


+1 with a slightly higher LSAT. Everyday I open my mail box I'm going to be excited now...only to end in disappointment




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Christinabruin, Leahmealone, Long shot hero and 8 guests