BU! woot.

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Xiaolong
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:30 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Xiaolong » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:11 pm

fedexmalcom wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
fedexmalcom wrote:It is said that BU sent acceptances by phone or email and rejections by snail mails.
Is this true? BU said my decision has been made but I received no emails. So I reason
that my decision was sent by mail and quite likely to be a rejection. Thanks in advance!


when did you go complete and how did you find out that your decision was sent by mail? did you call them?

and if you share your stats we can get a better idea



Completed on 1/5 with email notification. Got an interview on 1/20 and I sent an email two days ago asking when a decision will be made. They made it certain that a mail was sent so I think it is a rejection because they would have told me in a more convenient way if it was an admission. Good luck to everyone under review! LSAT 166, 3.7/4


This must be a waitlist at worst!

see18
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby see18 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:37 pm

moonmaster3 wrote:
see18 wrote:In this morning via phone call. Stats in profile. I had gotten an email a couple weeks ago about updating my fall grades, so I guess that did the trick. Hoping for some money!


I have a 164/3.76...we have the same grades. Are you traditional? I'm glad to see that the transcript worked out for you...hopefully it works for me too.



As traditional as they come, straight from undergrad non-urm. Good luck! My lowest grades were last spring, so I guess they wanted to see if that was just a fluke, and thankfully it was! Never been to Boston, so hoping to head up soon.

see18
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby see18 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:39 pm

cherryalamode wrote:
see18 wrote:In this morning via phone call. Stats in profile. I had gotten an email a couple weeks ago about updating my fall grades, so I guess that did the trick. Hoping for some money!


Your stats give me hope. Im 163/3.82

I see that some 1/6 completers are getting decisions...
And I was complete 1/6/10 and have NOT heard anything yet... is this BAD????



I applied in November, complete sometime late November/early December, updated grades probably got there a week ago. I wouldn't worry, they seem to take their time with some people and hurry on others, but I'm not seeing a pattern. There are people with similar stats in after a few weeks, but I guess they were up in the air for me for some reason.

User avatar
cherryalamode
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby cherryalamode » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:24 am

They didn't even ask me for my fall grades, which I sent them...

Maybe I preempted them and they were going to? *crosses fingers*

I hope to visit BU! But I only plan on visiting if I get into the school.... ha, make an if, then statement outta that, I know you want to, lol. :mrgreen:

see18
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby see18 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:36 am

cherryalamode wrote:They didn't even ask me for my fall grades, which I sent them...

Maybe I preempted them and they were going to? *crosses fingers*

I hope to visit BU! But I only plan on visiting if I get into the school.... ha, make an if, then statement outta that, I know you want to, lol. :mrgreen:



haha, same for me. I sent grades, but they asked before they received them I guess, since they do paper, but I also had another letter of rec on the way, so that might have slowed down the process from LSAC. I make a rule of not visiting schools until I'm in, I'd be likely to fall in love with a school that rejects me (NYU :( )

User avatar
cherryalamode
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby cherryalamode » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:41 am

see18 wrote:
cherryalamode wrote:They didn't even ask me for my fall grades, which I sent them...

Maybe I preempted them and they were going to? *crosses fingers*

I hope to visit BU! But I only plan on visiting if I get into the school.... ha, make an if, then statement outta that, I know you want to, lol. :mrgreen:



haha, same for me. I sent grades, but they asked before they received them I guess, since they do paper, but I also had another letter of rec on the way, so that might have slowed down the process from LSAC. I make a rule of not visiting schools until I'm in, I'd be likely to fall in love with a school that rejects me (NYU :( )


They haven't asked me yet. I emailed them about an academic honor update (attaching an addendum) and wrote in my addendum that I will be sending in an updated transcript. So yea... *sigh*

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby CardinalRules » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:45 am

I don't mean to intrude, but if any of you know specific information about BU that might be relevant to the thread below, I'm sure that the OP would greatly appreciate it:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=106409

Burger in a can
Posts: 1116
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Burger in a can » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:13 am

I just want to say that I feel honored to have lasted this long without being rejected. That being said, I anticipate receiving a ding in the mail in the near future. Good luck, Congratulations, and My Condolences to all those who are waiting, have been accepted, or have been hit with bad news.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby finalaspects » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:15 am

Burger in a can wrote:I just want to say that I feel honored to have lasted this long without being rejected. That being said, I anticipate receiving a ding in the mail in the near future. Good luck, Congratulations, and My Condolences to all those who are waiting, have been accepted, or have been hit with bad news.


i then feel even more honored having gone complete more than a month before you. i too anticipate a ding in the mail very shortly...

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11721
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby kalvano » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:16 am

Still waiting around, hope being slowly withered away, but clinging to every last shred of it.

Attention BU -

If admitted, I will instantly accept and deposit. No joke.

SkyRiver
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:34 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby SkyRiver » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:18 am

Here here. It'd be a dream come true to go be attending BU Law this fall...

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby AlanShore » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:23 am

hi BU,
please let me in today.


i went complete early december but they requested some documents mid dec. 167 3.5-3.6.... hope i get in!!

statuscheckerssuck
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby statuscheckerssuck » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:57 am

I am really starting to become concerned. I have been complete since early December and not a peep since. They didn't even ask me for fall grades. Is this bad..should I call?

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby AlanShore » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:58 am

statuscheckerssuck wrote:I am really starting to become concerned. I have been complete since early December and not a peep since. They didn't even ask me for fall grades. Is this bad..should I call?

no, dont be concerned. your #s are great for them. sit tight. i bet you will hear soon. people who are not AUTO admits (i am not) sometimes have to wait to see what their whole class looks like. dont worry!

User avatar
Eruannon
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Eruannon » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:48 pm

Just applied. Probably would have been waitlisted if I applied early and I got a fee waiver. Let's see if I get lucky.

Burger in a can
Posts: 1116
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Burger in a can » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:04 pm

Eruannon wrote:Just applied. Probably would have been waitlisted if I applied early and I got a fee waiver. Let's see if I get lucky.


This seems like an odd mentality. If you were waitlist material in October, aren't you probably ding material in February? (This is not a personal attack- I just don't understand your strategy)

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby dakatz » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:07 pm

So when do you think is a good time to try and leverage for more scholarship money? I want to get things done early so I'm not rushing anything last minute. But at the same time, I feel like they will be more generous and willing to give me extra once the cycle is close to over and more people have withdrawn their apps and forgone their scholarship offers. Plus, I'm not sure exactly what to ask for. BU gave me a 25K/year offer, while GW offered me 30K/year plus housing, putting GW's offer at 105K. Does it make sense to ask BU if they can match GW's offer, since my preference is for BU, all things equal?

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby jks289 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:14 pm

dakatz wrote:So when do you think is a good time to try and leverage for more scholarship money? I want to get things done early so I'm not rushing anything last minute. But at the same time, I feel like they will be more generous and willing to give me extra once the cycle is close to over and more people have withdrawn their apps and forgone their scholarship offers. Plus, I'm not sure exactly what to ask for. BU gave me a 25K/year offer, while GW offered me 30K/year plus housing, putting GW's offer at 105K. Does it make sense to ask BU if they can match GW's offer, since my preference is for BU, all things equal?


I haven't heard anything about money, does that mean none is coming?

I think now is the time to ask, and that it is reasonable to request they match GW's offer.

User avatar
Eruannon
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Eruannon » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:16 pm

Burger in a can wrote:
Eruannon wrote:Just applied. Probably would have been waitlisted if I applied early and I got a fee waiver. Let's see if I get lucky.


This seems like an odd mentality. If you were waitlist material in October, aren't you probably ding material in February? (This is not a personal attack- I just don't understand your strategy)


Its not really a strategy. I was an insta-ding without my fall grades and I had to wait for those. I wasn't planning on applying but I got a fee waiver anyways. I'm not sure how much waiting really hurts you. If they waitlist you its because they aren't sure if they need you or can handle you based on their numbers, yield, etc.

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby dakatz » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:19 pm

jks289 wrote:
dakatz wrote:So when do you think is a good time to try and leverage for more scholarship money? I want to get things done early so I'm not rushing anything last minute. But at the same time, I feel like they will be more generous and willing to give me extra once the cycle is close to over and more people have withdrawn their apps and forgone their scholarship offers. Plus, I'm not sure exactly what to ask for. BU gave me a 25K/year offer, while GW offered me 30K/year plus housing, putting GW's offer at 105K. Does it make sense to ask BU if they can match GW's offer, since my preference is for BU, all things equal?


I haven't heard anything about money, does that mean none is coming?

I think now is the time to ask, and that it is reasonable to request they match GW's offer.


I got my acceptance way back in December, I believe. At that time, merit scholarship offers came about a week after the acceptance packet. However, people who have been accepted more recently have said that scholarship offers have been coming in the original acceptance packets. So I'm not sure exactly when the offer would come relative to the acceptance packet. I'd call and ask.

As for my request for more scholarship money, is it best to just send it by email to the admissions office? Or is this something that should be send via hard copy letter?

User avatar
mikcou
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:23 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby mikcou » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:46 pm

AlanShore wrote:hi BU,
please let me in today.


i went complete early december but they requested some documents mid dec. 167 3.5-3.6.... hope i get in!!


you should be fine. I got in yesterday with those numbers

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby AlanShore » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:10 pm

mikcou wrote:
AlanShore wrote:hi BU,
please let me in today.


i went complete early december but they requested some documents mid dec. 167 3.5-3.6.... hope i get in!!


you should be fine. I got in yesterday with those numbers

you also got into fordham today!!!! i want to be you.

User avatar
JayTal
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 8:15 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby JayTal » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:12 pm

I had been complete since 10/20 and just got in yesterday. For all of you who have been waiting forrrreeever....there's hope!

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby AlanShore » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:04 pm

anybody hear today?

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby tram988 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:14 pm

AlanShore wrote:anybody hear today?

Nothing yet!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: acz26, addie1412, ashrice13, guybourdin, Houzy, jjfyre, LawSchoolTitan, lazarzhr, Mr. Bubbles, PDX4343, proteinshake, sspeckk, tinafeyclone and 37 guests