BU! woot.

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
calicocat

Re: BU! woot.

Postby calicocat » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:17 pm

lovethelaw88 wrote:BU emailed me yesterday and asked to submit an official transcript with last semester's grades. I hand delivered that today (I go to BU and they said it was ok.) I'm so nervous. My upward trend was broken last semester, but I still brought up my cumulative GPA.

On the one hand, if they were totally into numbers, they would have already rejected me. It's something else they like (if I had to guess I'd say my PS, GPA addendum was a big help.)

On the other hand, if it really IS something else they like, and they're willing to overlook the numbers, why do my grades last semester matter?

Thoughts? Please...I'm dying here.

I think that if it raises your cumulative you should be fine. How big of a dropoff was it from the upward trend?

lovethelaw88

Postby lovethelaw88 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:22 pm

Oli wrote:
lovethelaw88 wrote:BU emailed me yesterday and asked to submit an official transcript with last semester's grades. I hand delivered that today (I go to BU and they said it was ok.) I'm so nervous. My upward trend was broken last semester, but I still brought up my cumulative GPA.

On the one hand, if they were totally into numbers, they would have already rejected me. It's something else they like (if I had to guess I'd say my PS, GPA addendum was a big help.)

On the other hand, if it really IS something else they like, and they're willing to overlook the numbers, why do my grades last semester matter?

I think that if it raises your cumulative you should be fine. How big of a dropoff was it from the upward trend?

Spring 2009 was my highest GPA. It was 0.2 higher than last semester. The thing is, my numbers are 161, 3.08. It's a REACH and I know it. I have a GPA Addendum that explains the grades and a good PS. I think I have pretty good softs too...worked in undergrad, strong student leader position, etc.

I think they very easily could have flat out rejected me...so idk what to make of this. WDYT?

jks289

Postby jks289 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:28 pm

lovethelaw88 wrote:
Oli wrote:

Spring 2009 was my highest GPA. It was 0.2 higher than last semester. The thing is, my numbers are 161, 3.08. It's a REACH and I know it. I have a GPA Addendum that explains the grades and a good PS. I think I have pretty good softs too...worked in undergrad, strong student leader position, etc.

I think they very easily could have flat out rejected me...so idk what to make of this. WDYT?

I think you will drive yourself crazy trying to guess what each move they make means. You're in it until they tell you it's over. Relax, this isn't bad news.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:32 pm

anyone else not hear anything back since October... no waitlist, no rejection, and no acceptance... strange...

mutfro

Postby mutfro » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:33 pm

finalaspects wrote:anyone else not hear anything back since October... no waitlist, no rejection, and no acceptance... strange...

+1 (since early November)

bissey

Postby bissey » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:35 pm

finalaspects wrote:anyone else not hear anything back since October... no waitlist, no rejection, and no acceptance... strange...

+2

not even an updated transcript request

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:43 pm

i guess its a semi-good sign for us... i mean we're not the auto accepts (betting we're all splitters of some sort) and they don't know what to do with us yet... there seem to be quite a few rejections so far so at least we're not part of that..

mutfro

Postby mutfro » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:46 pm

finalaspects wrote:i guess its a semi-good sign for us... i mean we're not the auto accepts (betting we're all splitters of some sort) and they don't know what to do with us yet... there seem to be quite a few rejections so far so at least we're not part of that..

I'm a borderline splitter....167,3.43 getting quite nervous

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:06 pm

bissey wrote:

+2

+3 (since early November)

ruleser

Postby ruleser » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:13 am

I had a request for some addit info last week - I'm a splitter, complete since Nov., had heard nothing since then. So at least I can say they are in the process of considering some of these, including splitters - if I was auto-reject or being ignored, they wouldn't have asked me to send more info.

ExcitedBlutterance

Postby ExcitedBlutterance » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:22 am

managamy wrote:
bissey wrote:

+2

+3 (since early November)

+4 November for me

SkyRiver

Postby SkyRiver » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:31 am

+5. Since the very beginning of October and am a mid 170s, ~3.0 splitter with a science degree.

I'm stressing out everyday about this... Finishing my bachelor's at BU; I really love the school and would absolutely, in a heartbeat accept if given an offer of admission. BU and the city of Boston have been good to me over my undergrad years, not to mention the fact that the love of my life is a licensed RN here living with family.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:14 am

SkyRiver wrote:+5. Since the very beginning of October and am a mid 170s, ~3.0 splitter with a science degree.

I'm stressing out everyday about this... Finishing my bachelor's at BU; I really love the school and would absolutely, in a heartbeat accept if given an offer of admission. BU and the city of Boston have been good to me over my undergrad years, not to mention the fact that the love of my life is a licensed RN here living with family.

Wow, I'm rooting for you. I don't always mean what I write on here, but this time I do mean it. :)

englawyer

Postby englawyer » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:56 am

SkyRiver wrote:+5. Since the very beginning of October and am a mid 170s, ~3.0 splitter with a science degree.

i bet BU is waiting for you to withdraw to protect their yield. you will get in eventually if you want to (same for managamy). I also have not heard from BU, but I will probably be withdrawing this weekend, so their strategy worked in my case

ryguy

Postby ryguy » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:07 am

App sent 12-29. Complete email 1-18. Nothing since...have a 169/3.4x

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:49 pm

ryguy wrote:App sent 12-29. Complete email 1-18. Nothing since...have a 169/3.4x

Awwww... you've gone almost a whole 2 weeks without hearing anything? You must feel like you're in purgatory!

ryguy

Postby ryguy » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:24 pm

Re-took the LSAT, that's why I applied late.

JayTal

Postby JayTal » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:27 pm

+ 1000000!

BU is my #1. I applied back in Oct (168, 3.6) and was sent an 'update your fall grades' request in mid-Nov. I've sent 2 LOCIs and still nothing. Com'on BU! Probably doesn't help that I bombed the June LSAT with a 159... :oops:

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:51 pm

JayTal wrote:+ 1000000!

BU is my #1. I applied back in Oct (168, 3.6) and was sent an 'update your fall grades' request in mid-Nov. I've sent 2 LOCIs and still nothing. Com'on BU! Probably doesn't help that I bombed the June LSAT with a 159... :oops:

you improved from 159 to 168 right? that's good

floppymex

Postby floppymex » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:57 pm

+1000001 (Since September).

brose002

Postby brose002 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:58 pm

floppymex wrote:

+1000002(Since October 19th)

Notor

Postby Notor » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:06 pm

brose002 wrote:
floppymex wrote:

+1000002(Since October 19th)

Also since October. I'm getting disillusioned

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:05 pm

Burger in a can wrote:
ryguy wrote:App sent 12-29. Complete email 1-18. Nothing since...have a 169/3.4x

Awwww... you've gone almost a whole 2 weeks without hearing anything? You must feel like you're in purgatory!

I giggled.

cherryalamode

Postby cherryalamode » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:17 pm

Unlike what seems like most of you, I'm an opposite splitter. I have a 163/3.8

Additionally, the 163 is my 2nd LSAT score. I went up 5 or more points (cautiously not saying how much).

BU is also my number 1. I got the "your file is complete and ready for review" email on 1/6/10. Though I haven't waited as long as some of you, I'm still really anxious. BU is one of my very top schools.

I have not received a transcript request but I did update it recently, taking the bull by the horns, so to speak.

How long should applicants wait before sending them a LOCI of your own free will? Would it be considered too pushy if I did it now?

sirchristaylor

Postby sirchristaylor » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:26 pm

mutfro wrote:

+1 (since early November)

Same here. I had to call and email just to ask if my applicatioin was complete. They only responded last week, yet I submitted on 11/2.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”