BU! woot.

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Kiersten1985

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Kiersten1985 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:14 pm

So if there was no scholarship offer in the acceptance packet, is that it? Out of luck? Do they send some out later on?

I'm grasping for straws here.

Core

Postby Core » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:06 pm

Just withdrew a few days ago. Hope a TLSer gets my spot. Good luck all!

jbarl1

Postby jbarl1 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:39 pm

Just got my rejection letter. Good luck to everyone else.

JusticeHarlan

Postby JusticeHarlan » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:56 pm

jbarl1 wrote:Just got my rejection letter. Good luck to everyone else.

Sorry to hear that. Do you mind me asking if it came to your current or permanent address (I'll be expecting mine shortly)?

jbarl1

Postby jbarl1 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:57 pm

JusticeHarlan wrote:

Sorry to hear that. Do you mind me asking if it came to your current or permanent address (I'll be expecting mine shortly)?

It came to my current. They will call you if you are accepted, so I knew when I saw it (small envelope from BU admissions).

je_ne_regrette_rien

Postby je_ne_regrette_rien » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:58 pm

jbarl1 wrote:
JusticeHarlan wrote:

It came to my current. They will call you if you are accepted, so I knew when I saw it (small envelope from BU admissions).

Good luck with the rest of your cycle! =/

JusticeHarlan

Postby JusticeHarlan » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:02 pm

jbarl1 wrote:
JusticeHarlan wrote:

Thanks, and good luck with the rest of your cycle.

GobiasIndustries

Postby GobiasIndustries » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:08 pm

Rejection letter just arrived at my parents' (permanent) house. FML.

je_ne_regrette_rien

Postby je_ne_regrette_rien » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:10 pm

GobiasIndustries wrote:Rejection letter just arrived at my parents' (permanent) house. FML.

Great. I guess I should go check the mail.

May I ask when you went complete (got that email that said your application was ready to be forwarded to the committee)?

Thank you. And good luck with the rest of your cycle.

jbarl1

Postby jbarl1 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:13 pm

je_ne_regrette_rien wrote:
GobiasIndustries wrote:Rejection letter just arrived at my parents' (permanent) house. FML.

Great. I guess I should go check the mail.

May I ask when you went complete (got that email that said your application was ready to be forwarded to the committee)?

Thank you. And good luck with the rest of your cycle.

I went complete back in November...probably around the 15th or so.

GobiasIndustries

Postby GobiasIndustries » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:14 pm

I was complete early November; applied late October. Was at their medians and URM, so I'm kind of surprised - I thought I'd at least get a WL.

Postby 02082010 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:16 pm

GobiasIndustries wrote:I was complete early November; applied late October. Was at their medians and URM, so I'm kind of surprised - I thought I'd at least get a WL.

Strange they sent it to your parent's place. I'm a splitter URM and have the same applied/complete dates as you. I'm guessing a rejection/WL is on it's way... oh well.

Hopefullawstudent

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:17 pm

Kiersten1985 wrote:So if there was no scholarship offer in the acceptance packet, is that it? Out of luck? Do they send some out later on?

I was left wondering the same thing.. From what I can tell, yea, we're out of luck as it pertains to merit aid. This is because shortly after the acceptance call you will start getting an email from BU reminding you that it's not too late to apply for need based aid/random scholarships...

Let me know if I am wrong though!

-HL

GobiasIndustries

Postby GobiasIndustries » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:20 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
GobiasIndustries wrote:I was complete early November; applied late October. Was at their medians and URM, so I'm kind of surprised - I thought I'd at least get a WL.

Strange they sent it to your parent's place. I'm a splitter URM and have the same applied/complete dates as you. I'm guessing a rejection/WL is on it's way... oh well.

Yeah, I thought that was weird too. They never indicated that they would do that. Maybe they're conflict avoiders and wanted to delay my finding out (I was actually on the phone with them when they got the mail, though, so that didn't work) :?

Oh well. Don't wanna drag the thread down too much; still psyched for everyone here that's getting in. I still have BC, so I can't complain too much.

slb052

Postby slb052 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:53 pm

Hopefullawstudent wrote:
Kiersten1985 wrote:So if there was no scholarship offer in the acceptance packet, is that it? Out of luck? Do they send some out later on?

I was left wondering the same thing.. From what I can tell, yea, we're out of luck as it pertains to merit aid. This is because shortly after the acceptance call you will start getting an email from BU reminding you that it's not too late to apply for need based aid/random scholarships...

Let me know if I am wrong though!

-HL

I'm in the same boat. Hoping you're wrong and they're planning on sending me cash in a briefcase, but losing hope as time goes by and I've heard absolutely nothing since being accepted a month ago.

je_ne_regrette_rien

Postby je_ne_regrette_rien » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:57 pm

Ummmm. That's really weird. I'm at their medians and not an URM. I've only received acceptances so far but now I'm getting worried about my 6 other schools. Hearing other people's stories, I'm starting to think that the admissions process really is a crap shoot (excuse my language). Did you have any WE and softs?

SAE

Postby SAE » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:03 pm

je_ne_regrette_rien wrote: is a crap shoot (excuse my language)

A crap shoot has nothing to do with crap. It comes from the game of craps, where players shoot dice.

:mrgreen:

je_ne_regrette_rien

Postby je_ne_regrette_rien » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:08 pm

SAE wrote:
je_ne_regrette_rien wrote: is a crap shoot (excuse my language)

A crap shoot has nothing to do with crap. It comes from the game of craps, where players shoot dice.

:mrgreen:

OHHHHHHH. lol. English isn't my first language. My bf loves when I make mistakes like this. Rofl. Thanks!!!!

GobiasIndustries

Postby GobiasIndustries » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:48 pm

je_ne_regrette_rien wrote:

Ummmm. That's really weird. I'm at their medians and not an URM. I've only received acceptances so far but now I'm getting worried about my 6 other schools. Hearing other people's stories, I'm starting to think that the admissions process really is a crap shoot (excuse my language). Did you have any WE and softs?

PM'd

EDIT: If anyone else is wondering, I have good softs and WE. You can PM me for details if you're really interested.

Havaianas

Postby Havaianas » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:55 pm

still waiting to hear.... kinda surprised considering I applied mid November....

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:13 pm

Havaianas wrote:still waiting to hear.... kinda surprised considering I applied mid November....

I applied about the same time.

rufferoo

Postby rufferoo » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:23 pm

Havaianas wrote:still waiting to hear.... kinda surprised considering I applied mid November....

ME TOOO
the wait is killing me

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:51 am

So, out of curiosity, I got my "ready for review" email on 11/25/09.

I've not heard a peep since.

I know it's rejection letter / acceptance phone call, but does BU wait until March / April to reject, or would they have let me know by now if I was going to be rejected?

I only ask because it is one of three schools where, if I were to receive an acceptance, I would immediately withdraw all other applications and commit right then and there. So I am kind of interested.

Notor

Postby Notor » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:43 am

Try October, then get back to me...

sunnygirl

Postby sunnygirl » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:45 am

I'm waiting as well, and I applied late Oct. It is odd to know people are having decisions when I have nothing from BU...... :(

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”