BU! woot.

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
badwithpseudonyms

Silver
Posts: 814
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:55 pm

Cupidity wrote:
badwithpseudonyms wrote:Just got my BU post-its today. They're the tits. ...So is the scholarship offer.


Goddamn you #'s twin.

I didn't get a $$$ offer.


Sorry! :oops:

I was somewhat surprised. It's not really a $$$ offer, more like a $$ offer. Should I decide to withdraw I will request that my money go to you. ...I'm keeping the post-its though. :D

ilovelawapps

Bronze
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:49 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby ilovelawapps » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:09 pm

Would anyone who got money mind posting or pm'ing me their numbers? I got my packet 12/7 and no word about money. Above lsat 75th, above gpa 25th.

User avatar
chinagator

New
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:09 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby chinagator » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:29 pm

I just got the acceptance packet after a call last week. Nice personal note based on my PS. No $ offer though. When does that come????

User avatar
dudester

Bronze
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:23 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby dudester » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:34 pm

chinagator wrote:I just got the acceptance packet after a call last week. Nice personal note based on my PS. No $ offer though. When does that come????


Had you gotten a scholarship, the details would've been in your packet.

User avatar
chinagator

New
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:09 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby chinagator » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:39 pm

dudester wrote:
chinagator wrote:I just got the acceptance packet after a call last week. Nice personal note based on my PS. No $ offer though. When does that come????


Had you gotten a scholarship, the details would've been in your packet.


I'm above 75th LSAT, just about 75th GPA. I really get no scholarship money at all?

User avatar
dudester

Bronze
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:23 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby dudester » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:43 pm

chinagator wrote:
dudester wrote:
chinagator wrote:I just got the acceptance packet after a call last week. Nice personal note based on my PS. No $ offer though. When does that come????


Had you gotten a scholarship, the details would've been in your packet.


I'm above 75th LSAT, just about 75th GPA. I really get no scholarship money at all?


So am I, but that's what the financial aid lady told me over the phone. Who knows if they'll decide to send you/me an offer separately later on.

User avatar
chinagator

New
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:09 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby chinagator » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:58 pm

dudester wrote:
chinagator wrote:
dudester wrote:
chinagator wrote:I just got the acceptance packet after a call last week. Nice personal note based on my PS. No $ offer though. When does that come????


Had you gotten a scholarship, the details would've been in your packet.


I'm above 75th LSAT, just about 75th GPA. I really get no scholarship money at all?


So am I, but that's what the financial aid lady told me over the phone. Who knows if they'll decide to send you/me an offer separately later on.


That can't be right. Plenty of people have similar or higher numbers that haven't gotten offers, and plenty of people have lower numbers with $ offers. Anyone know what's goin on?

User avatar
Cupidity

Gold
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Cupidity » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:11 pm

Look they can't give all of us 75/75 candidates money. They probably offer it to half based on either random chance or some criteria system beyond just our numbers. I imagine as some of these 75/75 people withdrawl, and as we others get offers from other schools, some of that money will become negotiable for us. But right now, this 166/3.87+nice softs doesn't have anything.

User avatar
badwithpseudonyms

Silver
Posts: 814
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:15 pm

chinagator wrote:
dudester wrote:
chinagator wrote:I'm above 75th LSAT, just about 75th GPA. I really get no scholarship money at all?


So am I, but that's what the financial aid lady told me over the phone. Who knows if they'll decide to send you/me an offer separately later on.


That can't be right. Plenty of people have similar or higher numbers that haven't gotten offers, and plenty of people have lower numbers with $ offers. Anyone know what's goin on?


Maybe you misspelled "undeserved" incorrectly in the Personal section of your resume when refering to that awkwardly large sense of entitlement you've got yourself there. :wink:

Seriously though, dude, your numbers are probably such that they don't expect you to actually attend and would rather try to lure borderline candidates with up front scholarship offers. I'm sure if you hang around until March and then ask for money they'll happily oblige.

User avatar
Cupidity

Gold
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Cupidity » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:21 pm

badwithpseudonyms wrote:
chinagator wrote:
dudester wrote:
chinagator wrote:I'm above 75th LSAT, just about 75th GPA. I really get no scholarship money at all?


So am I, but that's what the financial aid lady told me over the phone. Who knows if they'll decide to send you/me an offer separately later on.


That can't be right. Plenty of people have similar or higher numbers that haven't gotten offers, and plenty of people have lower numbers with $ offers. Anyone know what's goin on?


Maybe you misspelled "undeserved" incorrectly in the Personal section of your resume when refering to that awkwardly large sense of entitlement you've got yourself there. :wink:

Seriously though, dude, your numbers are probably such that they don't expect you to actually attend and would rather try to lure borderline candidates with up front scholarship offers. I'm sure if you hang around until March and then ask for money they'll happily oblige.


I just want you to know... we have been friendly, but I'm now changing you from my numbers-buddy to my arch nemesis. Give me my $$ you fucker. :evil:


:wink:

User avatar
badwithpseudonyms

Silver
Posts: 814
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:27 pm

Cupidity wrote:I just want you to know... we have been friendly, but I'm now changing you from my numbers-buddy to my arch nemesis. Give me my $$ you fucker. :evil:


:wink:


I just lol'ed, but only after I failed to scroll to the bottom of the page, completely missed the 2nd smiley, and was momentarily distressed. ...On a related note, that is the first evil smiley ever directed at me. They are much more terrifying when you are on the receiving end of one (or at least you think you are).

I like that you refered to it with only two money signs this time :lol:

User avatar
Cupidity

Gold
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Cupidity » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:43 pm

I'm bummed. Outside my long-shot schools like UVA Cornell and Berkeley, BU was my top choice. I was really hoping for 10k a year or so.

User avatar
chinagator

New
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:09 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby chinagator » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:30 am

Maybe you misspelled "undeserved" incorrectly in the Personal section of your resume when refering to that awkwardly large sense of entitlement you've got yourself there. :wink: [/quote]

Touche, Burt Reynolds, touche...

User avatar
anniesaysrelax

New
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:04 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby anniesaysrelax » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:16 am

Haven't many people been getting packets and then scholarship offers a couple weeks later? I swear that's what I read earlier in the thread.

User avatar
Blindmelon

Gold
Posts: 1708
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:13 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Blindmelon » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:13 am

Cupidity wrote:I'm bummed. Outside my long-shot schools like UVA Cornell and Berkeley, BU was my top choice. I was really hoping for 10k a year or so.


You guys have to wait a bit. Another waive of $ offers comes in February. They do a mix of financial aid/merit later in the cycle. I'm surer they'll throw you a bone.

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker

Silver
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:18 am

chinagator wrote:
Touche, Burt Reynolds, touche...


I think you mean Turd Ferguson

beamsmehome

New
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:36 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby beamsmehome » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:27 am

.
Last edited by beamsmehome on Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
badwithpseudonyms

Silver
Posts: 814
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:11 pm

chinagator wrote:Touche, Burt Reynolds, touche...


I was just busting your balls. But I felt bad so I checked LSN. So far no one with a 170+ has a scholarship offer, but they gave out seventeen full scholarships (and a few lower amounts) to 170+ applicants last year.

Cupidity wrote:I'm bummed. Outside my long-shot schools like UVA Cornell and Berkeley, BU was my top choice. I was really hoping for 10k a year or so.


And don't get bummed out just yet. They've given out less than half of the scholarship offers they gave to 166 - 169 applicants. Like beamsmehome said, I have no idea how they figure out who to give scholarship money. But by the looks of LSN, most of the people who end up getting some withdraw anyway. So I'm thinking if you keep in touch and let them know you're serious they'd like to extend an offer to someone willing to take it.

Anyway, it's Christmas eve and still no word from Cornell, so I'm going to go ahead and take a hiatus from LSN for a day or so. Happy holidays, peeps. :D

User avatar
chinagator

New
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:09 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby chinagator » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:14 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
chinagator wrote:
Touche, Burt Reynolds, touche...


I think you mean Turd Ferguson


Suck it, Trabek!

vsg211

New
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:54 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby vsg211 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:28 pm

Are people being notified primarily via phone call?

dms87

Bronze
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby dms87 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:42 pm

badwithpseudonyms wrote:
chinagator wrote:Touche, Burt Reynolds, touche...


I was just busting your balls. But I felt bad so I checked LSN. So far no one with a 170+ has a scholarship offer, but they gave out seventeen full scholarships (and a few lower amounts) to 170+ applicants last year.

Cupidity wrote:I'm bummed. Outside my long-shot schools like UVA Cornell and Berkeley, BU was my top choice. I was really hoping for 10k a year or so.


And don't get bummed out just yet. They've given out less than half of the scholarship offers they gave to 166 - 169 applicants. Like beamsmehome said, I have no idea how they figure out who to give scholarship money. But by the looks of LSN, most of the people who end up getting some withdraw anyway. So I'm thinking if you keep in touch and let them know you're serious they'd like to extend an offer to someone willing to take it.

Anyway, it's Christmas eve and still no word from Cornell, so I'm going to go ahead and take a hiatus from LSN for a day or so. Happy holidays, peeps. :D


I'm going to be in this situation, most likely. I have to get in first, though. lol. My GPA is above median/near 75th and my LSAT is well above 75th, but it's a really serious choice for me because of my familial situation, so hopefully I can figure out how to obtain the best possible offer if I do indeed get accepted.

User avatar
Havaianas

Bronze
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Havaianas » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:23 pm

are all of you admitted folks Early applicants?

StrawberryRed89

Bronze
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby StrawberryRed89 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:59 pm

Havaianas wrote:are all of you admitted folks Early applicants?


BU doesn't have EA or ED.

User avatar
eye

Bronze
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:40 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby eye » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:48 pm

Just got the acceptance packet in the mail. Included a nice handwritten note about my PS and some handy post-its.

No money offer though. 165/3.9+

User avatar
Vincent Vega

Silver
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Vincent Vega » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:10 pm

eye wrote:Just got the acceptance packet in the mail. Included a nice handwritten note about my PS and some handy post-its.

No money offer though. 165/3.9+


Similar numbers and haven't heard from them yet. When did you apply?



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], KoozBall and 9 guests