BU! woot.

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Boro88

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Boro88 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:41 pm

Lol, no words.

sckon

Postby sckon » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:42 pm

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:42 pm

sckon wrote:

Your not single?!

--ImageRemoved--

LOL

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:43 pm

sckon wrote:Image

nobagelnobagelnobagelnobagel!

sckon

Postby sckon » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:47 pm

H.E., We should just go to the same school just to watch Seinfeld

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:48 pm

sckon wrote:H.E., We should just go to the same school just to watch Seinfeld

I'm in. I don't even know why I'd trying to get my JD, I'm already a Doctor of Seinology.

brose002

Postby brose002 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:56 pm

I just called the admissions office to check the status of my application. They told me someone would call me back with the status. Is this something that they always do, or could I be getting my actual decision?

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:57 pm

brose002 wrote:I just called the admissions office to check the status of my application. They told me someone would call me back with the status. Is this something that they always do, or could I be getting my actual decision?

That's what they normally do. At least that's what they did for me when I called a few weeks ago.

brose002

Postby brose002 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:59 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
brose002 wrote:I just called the admissions office to check the status of my application. They told me someone would call me back with the status. Is this something that they always do, or could I be getting my actual decision?

That's what they normally do. At least that's what they did for me when I called a few weeks ago.

Damn, looks like I probably got excited for no reason then.

imisscollege

Postby imisscollege » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:02 pm

so if I got accepted and the phone call etc etc a while ago and nothing anywhere mentions scholly, does that mean there is no way i'm getting one?

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:03 pm

imisscollege wrote:so if I got accepted and the phone call etc etc a while ago and nothing anywhere mentions scholly, does that mean there is no way i'm getting one?

there's also a chance it got lost in the mail? best way to find out is to call and ask directly?

goodolgil

Postby goodolgil » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:09 pm

Got my package yesterday; 60k over three years scholarship offer.

davidicus

Postby davidicus » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:11 pm

imisscollege wrote:so if I got accepted and the phone call etc etc a while ago and nothing anywhere mentions scholly, does that mean there is no way i'm getting one?

Did you already get your admissions packet? My scholarship offer was in my admissions packet...but some people have been getting scholarship letters a week or two later.

My understanding is that most schools award scholarships on a rolling basis. If you're not granted one initially, you may get an offer later on in the process if someone who was offered a scholarship withdraws.

beesknees

Postby beesknees » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:19 pm

GobiasIndustries wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Bees, I love the avatar. It's great to see so many Arrested Development references here. There's a Mr. Banana-Grabber floating around here somewhere too.

I know! I had to change mine. It's finally appropriate.

Ok, this is from 2 pages ago, but I have to say that I too am pleased with the amount of references to Arrested Development on TLS. The Mr. Banana-Grabber had me laughing... best AR reference by far. But I was actually kinda of jealous that GobiasIndustries thought of that for their name and I did not!

imisscollege

Postby imisscollege » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:26 pm

davidicus wrote:

Did you already get your admissions packet? My scholarship offer was in my admissions packet...but some people have been getting scholarship letters a week or two later.

My understanding is that most schools award scholarships on a rolling basis. If you're not granted one initially, you may get an offer later on in the process if someone who was offered a scholarship withdraws.

I'll double check. I think I am at the top of BU's numbers that they "expect" --you know the pretty good gpa with a 168. Like I don't think that they would like to think that they would have to give me a scholly to get me to attend with my numbers. I don't know but BC just implied they were seriously considering giving me some money so that might swing it between the two of them, for me.

ccourt14

Postby ccourt14 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:32 pm

I got my scholarship info yesterday as well. It came with my acceptance packet. 45k over three years

killuminati

Postby killuminati » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:26 pm

davidicus wrote:
killuminati wrote:
davidicus wrote:Got my acceptance packet today with a nice hand-written note. Also got a scholarship letter and a nice little post-it pad.

If it came with the packet then it's not a scholarship offer, it's just the sheet about for merit and need based scholarships and financial awards. Scholarship offers from the people that have received them, have come about a week after their acceptance packets. So hopefully you'll get some $$$ =)

No - this was a scholarship offer - $20k/year merit. It came together with the admission packet.

oh wow, congratulations. Sorry, I was confused I guess that was for the first round. Man this means no money from BU...looks like I'll be withdrawing then.

nosurprise

Postby nosurprise » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:47 pm

just got my acceptance package! yay!

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:53 pm

Well, it's Friday night, so I guess no more calls will be going out until MONDAY!!!!

no no no no no no no No NO NO!!!!!!
--ImageRemoved--

daniel5215

Postby daniel5215 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:59 pm

still haven't got the status checker yet, should I call?

krispykitten

Postby krispykitten » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:02 pm

killuminati wrote:
davidicus wrote:
killuminati wrote:
davidicus wrote:Got my acceptance packet today with a nice hand-written note. Also got a scholarship letter and a nice little post-it pad.

If it came with the packet then it's not a scholarship offer, it's just the sheet about for merit and need based scholarships and financial awards. Scholarship offers from the people that have received them, have come about a week after their acceptance packets. So hopefully you'll get some $$$ =)

No - this was a scholarship offer - $20k/year merit. It came together with the admission packet.

oh wow, congratulations. Sorry, I was confused I guess that was for the first round. Man this means no money from BU...looks like I'll be withdrawing then.

Maybe call them on Monday and ask if they're going to send you an offer? I didn't get one either and I'm kinda bummed out too. Can't hurt to ask though! Thoughts on this?

krispykitten

Postby krispykitten » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:04 pm

Burger in a can wrote:Well, it's Friday night, so I guess no more calls will be going out until MONDAY!!!!

no no no no no no no No NO NO!!!!!!
--ImageRemoved--

JusticeHarlan

Postby JusticeHarlan » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:21 pm

daniel5215 wrote:still haven't got the status checker yet, should I call?

There's no status checker. You should get an email saying they received it, then another one saying its complete and ready for review (mine was nine days after the first email). There's nothing you can log and and check the status of your application with like other schools have.

daniel5215

Postby daniel5215 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:45 pm

JusticeHarlan wrote:
daniel5215 wrote:still haven't got the status checker yet, should I call?

There's no status checker. You should get an email saying they received it, then another one saying its complete and ready for review (mine was nine days after the first email). There's nothing you can log and and check the status of your application with like other schools have.

oh...ok. thx a lot!

ViP

Postby ViP » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:54 pm

Question...

I received my acceptance packet a few days ago, but I was disappointed with what I received in the envelope (or what I didn't receive, rather).

Was there supposed to be some sort of school catalog/brochure? All I received was the acceptance letter, financial aid and scholarship info, the Alumni Magazine (what?), and a small fold-up map of city-area.

Did others receive some sort of BU catalog?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”