BU! woot. Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jks289

Silver

Re: BU! woot.

Post by jks289 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:09 pm

I just got the call. In!!! First law school I would consider attending, especially with a merit scholarship. Very, very exciting day after not so hot day from Cornell yesterday!

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:12 pm

killuminati wrote:No job is guaranteed in this economy. I have several 3L friends from Columbia Law School and sadly they have no firm jobs awaiting them upon graduation...they said it's really F'd up right now but by the time 2013 comes around...they THINK we'll be fine...I really hope so...hearing that not even Columbia Law is recession-proof makes me worried. Go where they offer you money, if BC offers me a lot of money and BU craps out then I'm taking BC.
I agree but this guy already has a network in that law firm where he knows everyone. He would have an advantage in this economy over a lot of others. He already works there.

MissLucky

Silver

Post by MissLucky » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:15 pm

jks289 wrote:I just got the call. In!!! First law school I would consider attending, especially with a merit scholarship. Very, very exciting day after not so hot day from Cornell yesterday!
CONGRATS! stats??? when did you go complete?

krispykitten

Bronze

Post by krispykitten » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:18 pm

finalaspects wrote:
killuminati wrote:No job is guaranteed in this economy. I have several 3L friends from Columbia Law School and sadly they have no firm jobs awaiting them upon graduation...they said it's really F'd up right now but by the time 2013 comes around...they THINK we'll be fine...I really hope so...hearing that not even Columbia Law is recession-proof makes me worried. Go where they offer you money, if BC offers me a lot of money and BU craps out then I'm taking BC.
I agree but this guy already has a network in that law firm where he knows everyone. He would have an advantage in this economy over a lot of others. He already works there.
That's what I'm thinking too. Otherwise, I'd say to follow the $$

killuminati

Bronze

Post by killuminati » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:24 pm

krispykitten wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
That's what I'm thinking too. Otherwise, I'd say to follow the $$
Oh yeah yeah, sorry I didn't see the previous posts. Yeah you're right then, that's awesome that you have a foot in the door and you're right Fordham and BU aren't that far apart from each other rankings wise. I'm actually contemplating not attending law school if I don't get into a school worth paying ticket and/or no scholarship money besides WUSTL. I don't know, I think I've been researching too much and talking to too many students and lawyers...but it's depressing news...ahhh we owe China $900 Billion dollars...and for what? Cash for Clunkers? Universal Healthcare? Increased tuition? Million dollar payouts to ex-ceo's....*sigh*...depressing.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:25 pm

MissLucky wrote:
jks289 wrote:I just got the call. In!!! First law school I would consider attending, especially with a merit scholarship. Very, very exciting day after not so hot day from Cornell yesterday!
Thanks. 3.5, 168. I got the ready for review email on 11/25.

Initially, I had applied because I recieved a fee waiver. The more I hear the more I like it though. I wonder if people in my range typically get a little merit aid, as that would make a big difference.

krispykitten

Bronze

Post by krispykitten » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:27 pm

jks289 wrote:
MissLucky wrote:

Initially, I had applied because I recieved a fee waiver. The more I hear the more I like it though. I wonder if people in my range typically get a little merit aid, as that would make a big difference.
Woo! Congrats!!! Where else are you in?

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:31 pm

krispykitten wrote:
jks289 wrote:
MissLucky wrote:

Woo! Congrats!!! Where else are you in?
Thanks Krispy. Bummer about Team 11/13 getting the stiff arm from Cornell. Just in here and Washington & Lee, which I wouldn't really consider. I have a lot of factors going into law school decisions, including a spouse with his own career and ambition (what a dick that guy is :D ). So I need something either national or with a regional reach in the areas he can work. The northeast generally fits that description for us.

DrGuano

Bronze

Post by DrGuano » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:35 pm

I still have 18 schools to hear from but can cross most of my list as the rest are beneath Fordham and BU and a few others are reaches I don't expect to get into.

Numbers are 164/3.85
I know everyone seems to hate on softs but I have over 4 years of experience working in law related fields. Worked part time for a big jam band's attorney (employed through their label), interned two summers in the legal dept of the biggest record company, and have held a job for two years as a para in one of the top firms.

My plan is to wait and see where I get in...once I do, I'll get in talk with some of the people in legal recruiting and see if they can offer any advice. I'd definitely be interested in their input.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lietx3

New

Post by lietx3 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:55 pm

Got the call at 4:44 pm - 164, 3.8

I submitted 11/12, they never e-mailed me to confirm receipt so I had to call and ask them - they checked for me and told me I was complete the same day (12/1/09).

WOOT! She made no mention of money though... assuming that means I don't get any? No complaints either way!

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:58 pm

nothing for splitters still huh? waitlist bound i bet...

killuminati

Bronze

Post by killuminati » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:02 pm

Yeah Smiley!!! Congratulations!!!

ccs224

Bronze

Post by ccs224 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:06 pm

Just got a call from the admissions office myself - in! Very happy for my first acceptance!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

smiley

Bronze

Post by smiley » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:11 pm

killuminati wrote:Yeah Smiley!!! Congratulations!!!
thank you!!! first of all, i'm stoked. and i'm even more stoked that at least now i get to ride out all my deferrals and wait lists and see what the rest of the cycle brings :D

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:12 pm

Does anyone have a sense of how generous BU is with money? I poked around LSN a bit. They seem a little inconsistent, even at higher numbers.

killuminati

Bronze

Post by killuminati » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:13 pm

finalaspects wrote:nothing for splitters still huh? waitlist bound i bet...

hey don't say that. I'm a splitter and you have a better LSAT than me. it's still early in the cycle, they may have just not gotten to you yet. I want you to get to BU b/c unlike BC..BU is nationally recognized better...especially beautiful sunny LA where we call home...I'm pulling for you buddy. But think about the BC app...ack I know what you're thinking BC will get us stuck in Boston and that you gotta leave an out to get back to LA. I feel for you bro, "We Love LA."

smiley

Bronze

Post by smiley » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:15 pm

dodgers fan right here in sunny, balmy new york, ny

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

amandap

Bronze

Post by amandap » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:15 pm

Do they always tell you about scholarships when they call? I got the call on Monday, but she did not mention anything about money, does that mean I am getting nothing? I thought I read that someone received scholarship information later in the mail.

killuminati

Bronze

Post by killuminati » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:16 pm

smiley wrote:dodgers fan right here in sunny, balmy new york, ny
HELL YEAH SMILEY! DODGERS, LAKERS, 49ERS!!! Man we are going to be GREAT classmates, I will buy you a drink ASW!!! and 12 more for finalaspects!!!

smiley

Bronze

Post by smiley » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:20 pm

Last edited by smiley on Thu May 05, 2011 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cupidity

Gold

Post by Cupidity » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:38 pm

Got the call at about 4:00pm eastern today

I'm so excited!!! BU is my second choice behind Cornell and I would be excited to end up there!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

UFMatt

Bronze

Post by UFMatt » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:45 pm

IN by voicemail around 4:45 Eastern time! They said a letter is being sent. My highest ranked acceptance thus far. I'm excited :D

Submitted the end of October. and I never received a completion email.

getmetolawschool

New

Post by getmetolawschool » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:57 pm

Here to spread some 163 love! In today and could not BELIEVE it when I got the phone call!!!

killuminati

Bronze

Post by killuminati » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:05 pm

got my BU packet in the mail today...and my rejection letter from Columbia ED...I knew I didn't have a chance but still...it was my dream school.

Cupidity

Gold

Post by Cupidity » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:10 pm

Yeah, I just realized. I'm accepted, but I was never complete!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”