BU! woot. Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
vkw104

New

Re: BU! woot.

Post by vkw104 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:07 am

Has anyone received their financial aid packages yet?

cyh

Bronze

Post by cyh » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:18 am

(1) Address your letter to the Office of Admission, or to the Dean (you can call an ask which they prefer)- you can also ask if they prefer e-mail or snail mail
I would send it via e-mail and snail mail (e-mail because its faster, snail mail to make certain that they receive it since someone in the office may forget to print it or may misplace it, and it also looks better when you send an actual letter)

Stay on the waitlist! A friend of mine who is a 2L there was waitliste and about to attend another school- moved into her apartment and everything- got a call that she was off of the waitlist 3 days before classes started and she immediately flew to Boston!

(2) I got my financoal aid package yesterday , phone call thursday 3/11, applied 1/08

mikcou

Bronze

Post by mikcou » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:30 am

vkw104 wrote:Has anyone received their financial aid packages yet?
I know some people have who submitted their forms really early. However, I submitted mid- February and havent heard yet.

luckyjd

Bronze

Post by luckyjd » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:36 am

lovethelaw88 wrote:I'm pretty sure I didn't get in. I called the office today to check on the status of my application and she told me they were mailing out my decision today. Since I didn't receive a phone call, I'm assuming it's either a WL or a reject.

...and the crying has commenced.
don't be too sure! :( if your permanent address/phone is different, they might have called there. i went home over spring break and found my voicemail there. i learned of my acceptance via email.

JasonCG

New

Post by JasonCG » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:09 am

I've been complete since December 24, and I haven't heard anything since then. I'm starting to worry about YP... should I email them?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

utcris410

Bronze

Post by utcris410 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:11 am

vkw104 wrote:Has anyone received their financial aid packages yet?
I emailed to make sure they received everything (submitted right before March 1 deadline). They said they are reviewing my file and will have a letter shortly. :)

turboelsie

New

Post by turboelsie » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:28 am

Thanks cyh! I'll send it out today and camp out on the WL. I'm in at BC but would definitely prefer BU from everything I've read; I need to be in the Boston area next year - so here's hoping.

xokel87

Bronze

Post by xokel87 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:58 am

JasonCG wrote:I've been complete since December 24, and I haven't heard anything since then. I'm starting to worry about YP... should I email them?
I beat you ~ complete 12/16. I just called and they said my files complete and under review.. and they'll get back to me soon. I've been waitlisted at some places so I have had more letters written for those. I'm sending them along to BU in the hopes of getting some movement on my app. I'd really love to go there, and my numbers aren't really YP, they fit in BU's range pretty well.. but I don't know why I haven't heard yet.

cyh

Bronze

Post by cyh » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:45 pm

turboelsie wrote:Thanks cyh! I'll send it out today and camp out on the WL. I'm in at BC but would definitely prefer BU from everything I've read; I need to be in the Boston area next year - so here's hoping.

no prob. good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bakiewakies

New

Post by bakiewakies » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:44 pm

So what's the consensus on whether or not you still have the chance to be offered a scholarship with the financial aid packages?

vkw104

New

Post by vkw104 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:13 pm

bakiewakies wrote:So what's the consensus on whether or not you still have the chance to be offered a scholarship with the financial aid packages?
I'd like to know too. I know a good amount of people already got merit scholarships in their admit packet though.

mikcou

Bronze

Post by mikcou » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:37 pm

vkw104 wrote:
bakiewakies wrote:So what's the consensus on whether or not you still have the chance to be offered a scholarship with the financial aid packages?
I'd like to know too. I know a good amount of people already got merit scholarships in their admit packet though.
From their website, it would seem so.

lifeaway1985

Bronze

Post by lifeaway1985 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:12 am

Have the admission completed yet??? I want my application fee back... :evil: :evil:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

xokel87

Bronze

Post by xokel87 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:47 pm

Now, I would never suggest that correlation=causation, but I called to check on my app yesterday (complete 12/16) and they called and accepted me today...

Stephanie13

Bronze

Post by Stephanie13 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:51 pm

xokel87 wrote:Now, I would never suggest that correlation=causation, but I called to check on my app yesterday (complete 12/16) and they called and accepted me today...
Well congrats!!!

Actually I was just wondering if I should call myself... although my application has only been complete for 2 months.. I see on LSN that some people have been waiting MUCH longer.
Last edited by Stephanie13 on Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

86revolt

Bronze

Post by 86revolt » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:52 pm

xokel87 wrote:Now, I would never suggest that correlation=causation, but I called to check on my app yesterday (complete 12/16) and they called and accepted me today...
i think this one is just chance coincidence. i got the same call today about 2 hours after i emailed the admissions office to withdraw my app (which made for a very awkward phone call). i also went complete the same time as you did. still waiting to hear from ucla

xokel87

Bronze

Post by xokel87 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:58 pm

86revolt wrote:
i think this one is just chance coincidence. i got the same call today about 2 hours after i emailed the admissions office to withdraw my app (which made for a very awkward phone call). i also went complete the same time as you did. still waiting to hear from ucla
Well that's why I'm not suggesting anything ! :wink: Will you even be considering UCLA if they let you in .. our paths keep crossing haha

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

JasonCG

New

Post by JasonCG » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:42 pm

Damn, I checked with them yesterday too, and no acceptance call yet.

(congrats though :D )

Olive

Silver

Post by Olive » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:41 pm

I called today and I'm still at "complete". I haven't heard a peep from them since early December. :|

Stephanie13

Bronze

Post by Stephanie13 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:51 pm

Called admissions today and they weren't terribly helpful. Apparently there is no set date for decisions to come out (obviously I get that it's rolling admissions but I feel like if they're going to accept an application fee then there should be some sort of guarantee that you'll hear from them sometime before deposits are due). At least W&M promises a decision by the 24th even though they've pretty much been AWOL since last year.. I guess technically I could be waiting for a decision from Boston till August? Is that possible?

ryguy

Bronze

Post by ryguy » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:41 pm

Stephanie13 wrote:Called admissions today and they weren't terribly helpful. Apparently there is no set date for decisions to come out (obviously I get that it's rolling admissions but I feel like if they're going to accept an application fee then there should be some sort of guarantee that you'll hear from them sometime before deposits are due). At least W&M promises a decision by the 24th even though they've pretty much been AWOL since last year.. I guess technically I could be waiting for a decision from Boston till August? Is that possible?
Complete since Jan 15. BC denied me today, so I'll bet BU will too. (Oh that rhymes)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

OneKnight

Bronze

Post by OneKnight » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:45 pm

ryguy wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote:Called admissions today and they weren't terribly helpful. Apparently there is no set date for decisions to come out (obviously I get that it's rolling admissions but I feel like if they're going to accept an application fee then there should be some sort of guarantee that you'll hear from them sometime before deposits are due). At least W&M promises a decision by the 24th even though they've pretty much been AWOL since last year.. I guess technically I could be waiting for a decision from Boston till August? Is that possible?
Complete since Jan 15. BC denied me today, so I'll bet BU will too. (Oh that rhymes)
BC is finicky ("holistic"). Don't count yourself out yet!

lovethelaw88

New

Post by lovethelaw88 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:00 pm

It's official. Got the boot from BU law... :(

It was odd though...in the rejection letter, they encouraged me to apply for a transfer next year.

Seriously? If I'm not good enough for you now, I'm not going to uproot my life later if you deem me good enough then.

Kiersten1985

Silver

Post by Kiersten1985 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:02 pm

mikcou wrote:
vkw104 wrote:
From their website, it would seem so.
BU often waits to see the financial aid app before sending a blend of need-based and merit aid to students, so there absolutely is hope. Veritas had that happen to him and got a whopping scholly. They even let him back after he withdrew before getting the package.

law_lover

New

Post by law_lover » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:54 pm

I was waitlisted. Any idea about how many people are on the waitlist, and how many are accepted off of the waitlist? The waitlist seems to be the place many schools are putting me.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”