BU! woot. Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
GobiasIndustries

Bronze

Re: BU! woot.

Post by GobiasIndustries » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:04 pm

painsinmysides wrote:IN at BU. Received a phone call last friday from admissions office.

167/3.7, RD
Congrats!

I've been complete since the first week of November. BU is one of my top choices so these weekdays are dragging...

amandap

Bronze

Post by amandap » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:33 pm

I went complete 10/14 and I have heard nothing yet. Should I be worried? Stats 165/3.65

Burger in a can

Silver

Post by Burger in a can » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:57 pm

amandap wrote:I went complete 10/14 and I have heard nothing yet. Should I be worried? Stats 165/3.65
I don't want to ruin your dreams, but your numbers are low compared to people who have already been notified, at least according to LSN. I think that you will might be deferred/waitlisted, and then maybe they'll accept you. (we have the same LSAT and your GPA is higher than mine, so I'm really not trying to make you feel bad- just being honest and hoping for the best.)

jay115

Bronze

Post by jay115 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:00 pm

amandap wrote:I went complete 10/14 and I have heard nothing yet. Should I be worried? Stats 165/3.65
look at my stats (non-urm) and BU's medians - whether you hear now or in march, you know you're in.

Burger in a can

Silver

Post by Burger in a can » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:15 pm

jay115 wrote:
look at my stats (non-urm) and BU's medians - whether you hear now or in march, you know you're in.
Dude, you also were accepted to Fordham and everyone else was waitlisted with stats even close to yours. No offense, but you seem to be sort of a special case. :D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jay115

Bronze

Post by jay115 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:02 pm

Burger in a can wrote:
jay115 wrote:
Dude, you also were accepted to Fordham and everyone else was waitlisted with stats even close to yours. No offense, but you seem to be sort of a special case. :D
not really, my acceptances just illustrate that law school administrators are not as numerically tunnel-visioned as they're made out to be on law school forum threads.

Padimud

Bronze

Post by Padimud » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:23 pm

Question for those of you accepted to BU? Did your scholarship (if received) come with your initial acceptance letter or did it come later? Noticed on LSN that a few people have received notification, I received my acceptance packet today with no scholarship notice and wanted to know if I should lose hope now or hold for a few days to see if anything else hits. Anyone?

Blindmelon

Gold

Post by Blindmelon » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:34 pm

Padimud wrote:Question for those of you accepted to BU? Did your scholarship (if received) come with your initial acceptance letter or did it come later? Noticed on LSN that a few people have received notification, I received my acceptance packet today with no scholarship notice and wanted to know if I should lose hope now or hold for a few days to see if anything else hits. Anyone?
BU also does financial aid/scholarship mix in January. Just wait.

tintin

Silver

Post by tintin » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:36 pm

got my admissions packet today, including some BU post-its that unfortunately got soaked by the rain.

I think I will be withdrawing though, since I also got into NYU today...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:36 pm

got my packet today <3 this was the first time I received an acceptance with a note from the Dean, it really does make a difference. BU <3

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:36 pm

I got my acceptance packet today, but no mention of scholarship offer. Nice handwritten note though from someone in admissions mentioning a part of my PS.

Burger in a can

Silver

Post by Burger in a can » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:37 pm

tintin wrote:got my admissions packet today, including some BU post-its that unfortunately got soaked by the rain.

Congratulations on NYU! What great news!

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:46 pm

tintin wrote:got my admissions packet today, including some BU post-its that unfortunately got soaked by the rain.

OMG NYU!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

nsinger

New

Post by nsinger » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:48 pm

Is it bad if I've applied to BU around a month ago and have received nothing from the school at all? Should I contact the admissions office? Thanks.

tintin

Silver

Post by tintin » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:49 pm

Veritas wrote:

OMG NYU!!
yeah dude, i have no idea how. the stars must have aligned correctly or something!

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:50 pm

tintin wrote:
Veritas wrote:

OMG NYU!!
yeah dude, i have no idea how. the stars must have aligned correctly or something!
I might have told TTC and they might all be freaking out for you too!!

danidancer

Silver

Post by danidancer » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:54 pm

dakatz wrote:I got my acceptance packet today, but no mention of scholarship offer. Nice handwritten note though from someone in admissions mentioning a part of my PS.
Same. The post-it notes are a cute touch.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Burger in a can

Silver

Post by Burger in a can » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:03 pm

nsinger wrote:Is it bad if I've applied to BU around a month ago and have received nothing from the school at all? Should I contact the admissions office? Thanks.
It seems like most people who applied Regular Decision haven't been notified that their files are complete yet. I applied about a month ago too, and I emailed them 2 weeks after submitting to ask about it, because they stated somewhere to wait 2 weeks before contacting them. They got back to me in 24 hours, telling me I was complete. So you're probably fine- they are just busy with the early application folks- but I don't think it would be a bad idea to send them an email.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:09 pm

Burger in a can wrote:
nsinger wrote:Is it bad if I've applied to BU around a month ago and have received nothing from the school at all? Should I contact the admissions office? Thanks.
It seems like most people who applied Regular Decision haven't been notified that their files are complete yet. I applied about a month ago too, and I emailed them 2 weeks after submitting to ask about it, because they stated somewhere to wait 2 weeks before contacting them. They got back to me in 24 hours, telling me I was complete. So you're probably fine- they are just busy with the early application folks- but I don't think it would be a bad idea to send them an email.
I also applied about a month ago and got the completion notification just recently. I don't expect to hear from them for a while longer.

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:10 pm

Burger in a can wrote:
There is only Regular Decision for BU.

MissMiddie

New

Post by MissMiddie » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:18 pm

Congrats everyone who's been accepted so far! I've got my fingers crossed for everyone else. If you want some input from a BUSL 1L, feel free to message me. :)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Burger in a can

Silver

Post by Burger in a can » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:21 pm

Veritas wrote:
Burger in a can wrote:
There is only Regular Decision for BU.
Oh :oops:

Pearalegal

Silver

Post by Pearalegal » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:24 pm

danidancer wrote:
dakatz wrote:I got my acceptance packet today, but no mention of scholarship offer. Nice handwritten note though from someone in admissions mentioning a part of my PS.
+1. I think the letter says we have to apply for both merit and need based?

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:27 pm

Pearalegal wrote:
danidancer wrote:
It only said you have to apply for need-based aid. I called about merit aid and the woman said we would receive separate letters about that arriving not too long after acceptance packets.

Pearalegal

Silver

Post by Pearalegal » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:27 pm

dakatz wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:
danidancer wrote:
It only said you have to apply for need-based aid. I called about merit aid and the woman said we would receive separate letters about that arriving not too long after acceptance packets.
Really? Fail on my reading comprehension skills. Thanks!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”