Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:05 am

OperaSoprano wrote:I'm so glad you guys had fun! I wasn't there, since I am packing for Oxford, but I am psyched people are happy to be coming to the school. :D

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

User avatar
Cardboardbox
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:00 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Cardboardbox » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:34 am

Wow, reading about the ASD from the other thread it sounded amazing. I trusted everyone had a good time? :D

I wonder if they'll be having any more. Does anyone know? I get the feeling that's unlikely considering how soon orientation and classes are but I can hope. I guess if anything, if I get pulled off the WL I'll get to meet all of you awesome people at orientation!

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:13 pm

Cardboardbox wrote:Wow, reading about the ASD from the other thread it sounded amazing. I trusted everyone had a good time? :D

I wonder if they'll be having any more. Does anyone know? I get the feeling that's unlikely considering how soon orientation and classes are but I can hope. I guess if anything, if I get pulled off the WL I'll get to meet all of you awesome people at orientation!

It was pretty great, I have to say. We missed you and E2F and SAE and everyone else... It's only June. Weeks and weeks to go. I have faith.

timertimer61
Posts: 151
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:31 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby timertimer61 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:51 am

dean treanor is leaving to gtown! how do you guys think this will affect fordham law?

--LinkRemoved--

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:57 am

timertimer61 wrote:dean treanor is leaving to gtown! how do you guys think this will affect fordham law?

--LinkRemoved--


:cry:

User avatar
rockthelaw
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:53 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby rockthelaw » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:30 am

Boo. He seemed like a good leader who really wanted his students to succeed. Who is going to replace him?

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:35 am

rockthelaw wrote:Boo. He seemed like a good leader who really wanted his students to succeed. Who is going to replace him?


No idea. We better still be getting cupcakes during exams.

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby hannah87 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:09 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:Boo. He seemed like a good leader who really wanted his students to succeed. Who is going to replace him?


No idea. We better still be getting cupcakes during exams.


ha, i just said the same thing in the Fordham 2013/2014 thread.

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:23 am

hannah87 wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:Boo. He seemed like a good leader who really wanted his students to succeed. Who is going to replace him?


No idea. We better still be getting cupcakes during exams.


ha, i just said the same thing in the Fordham 2013/2014 thread.

Seriously. THAT rather sucks, doesn't it? Grumble.

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby hannah87 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:15 pm

Professor Michael Martin will serve as interim dean...

http://www.fordham.edu/Campus_Resources ... s_1892.asp
Last edited by hannah87 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sofiya345
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:46 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Sofiya345 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:47 pm

Hey, is there any1 left that is still yet to here from the school at all ? My app was complete on 2/22 and still nothing ... Any thoughts ? Even the receptionist seemed suprised when I told her I didn't hear anything.

User avatar
Cardboardbox
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:00 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Cardboardbox » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:57 am

Sofiya345 wrote:Hey, is there any1 left that is still yet to here from the school at all ? My app was complete on 2/22 and still nothing ... Any thoughts ? Even the receptionist seemed suprised when I told her I didn't hear anything.


This reminds me of that funny pic someone made a long time ago in this thread of applications falling behind a desk or something lol. But yes, that is incredibly odd and my guess is something's gone awry...

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:05 am

I would think a phone call would be in order for anyone who hasn't recieved an initital decision by this point

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:32 pm

finally got my email about the phone call like 2 weeks ago (I emailed them and asked where it was)... yay! maybe they're just behind.

lanping
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 10:10 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby lanping » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:20 pm

complete 2/5.
not a word from admissions.
have called and emailed dean brown twice.
no response!
????

mistywisty
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:49 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby mistywisty » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:35 am

I've been on the waitlist for a few months, got a call Thursday offering me a spot, so there is movement of some sort happening.

(now I'm desperately trying to figure out whether taking those loans out for the sticker price tuition is worth it, ahhh)

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:02 am

mistywisty wrote:I've been on the waitlist for a few months, got a call Thursday offering me a spot, so there is movement of some sort happening.

(now I'm desperately trying to figure out whether taking those loans out for the sticker price tuition is worth it, ahhh)


congrats!
asking for money doesn't hurt. if they can't give you any ask about need-based. they were able to give me a combination to match what I got at the school I submitted deposits at, plus a one-time scholarship to make up for the 2nd deposit.

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby chicoalto0649 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:27 pm

I like how they sent me a snail mail informing me that the admissions committee approved my request for a deferral when I never requested one. I only sent an e-mail asking about the process. I had to spend 20 minutes with admissions trying to clear it up. O well.

User avatar
badpixie
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby badpixie » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:39 pm

sibley wrote:
mistywisty wrote:I've been on the waitlist for a few months, got a call Thursday offering me a spot, so there is movement of some sort happening.

(now I'm desperately trying to figure out whether taking those loans out for the sticker price tuition is worth it, ahhh)


congrats!
asking for money doesn't hurt. if they can't give you any ask about need-based. they were able to give me a combination to match what I got at the school I submitted deposits at, plus a one-time scholarship to make up for the 2nd deposit.


That's great Sibley! Does that mean that you have decided on Fordham?

mistywisty
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:49 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby mistywisty » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:05 pm

congrats!
asking for money doesn't hurt. if they can't give you any ask about need-based. they were able to give me a combination to match what I got at the school I submitted deposits at, plus a one-time scholarship to make up for the 2nd deposit.


Thanks! Yeah, I went in yesterday to talk to fin aid and admissions, and they suggested I email and ask Dean Brown if there was a possibility of merit aid being made available. So I did that last night, probably not going to hear anything over the weekend, though. And she did say they'd work with me on the deposit as well. I was going to go to Rutgers - Newark with an almost full ride (I only applied to NYC area schools as I'm dead set on staying in the area, wouldn't even think of paying sticker at anything below Fordham), and the 40k difference in what I'd have to pay is staggering. But maybe worth it in the long term? Certainly people are much more impressed when I say I'm maybe going to Fordham. :)

User avatar
Cardboardbox
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:00 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Cardboardbox » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:18 am

mistywisty wrote:I've been on the waitlist for a few months, got a call Thursday offering me a spot, so there is movement of some sort happening.

(now I'm desperately trying to figure out whether taking those loans out for the sticker price tuition is worth it, ahhh)


Congrats! Great to know there is still movement going on, gives me hope. My sixth month anniversary on the WL is coming up lol

Oh, was it the FT or PT WL btw?

mistywisty
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:49 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby mistywisty » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:41 am

Cardboardbox wrote:Congrats! Great to know there is still movement going on, gives me hope. My sixth month anniversary on the WL is coming up lol

Oh, was it the FT or PT WL btw?


Thanks! There was a pile of apps sitting on the desk of the admissions person I saw Friday, so I think they are making calls when spots open up. If you haven't visited and are still serious about the school, go say hi to them and tell them in person. I visited in I think late February (waitlisted in April) to tell them how interested I was and the woman I saw basically told me I wouldn't get in outright (huge spliter), but she would try to be one of the ones to review my app when it came up and get me on the waitlist. I was really not expecting that phone call Thursday (I saw the unlisted number, thought "UGH telemarketer" and nearly didn't answer, haha), and I really think it wouldn't have happened if I hadn't gone in and done everything but throw myself on her desk and beg. I applied for FT, said I'd take either when I was waitlisted, was offered a FT spot. Good luck to you!

charlotte745
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:08 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby charlotte745 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:34 am

is fordham at sticker price worth it? over seton hall with a big scholarship? i dk what to do

get it to x
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:31 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby get it to x » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:42 am

charlotte745 wrote:is fordham at sticker price worth it? over seton hall with a big scholarship? i dk what to do


Depends on what your general goals are. If you're dead set on BigLaw or working in NYC then Fordham is your choice. It's a substantial risk, however, because if you can't make top 1/3 or so Fordham becomes less of a wise-choice. Seton Hall, from what I understand, is pretty good for clerkships and can get you NYC biglaw if you're at the top of the class. Otherwise it has more options in Jersey. I'm a fan of Jersey schools because of the flexibility they offer in placing in three potential markets versus being really focused on just one.

Clive1
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:59 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Clive1 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:24 pm

so how's everyone doing? there hasn't been any activity here in a while. is anyone still waiting or are things just winding down?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”