Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:59 am

nygrrrl wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:What's weird is that he uses his same blank expression in that episode as he methodically tortures and kills people as he does during every episode of "Arrested Development."

Reminds of the t-shirt "This kitten thinks of nothing but murder all day."

Hahaha - my husband had never seen A.D. - just made him get it on Netflix. I love that show. Never gets old.


STEVE HOLT!

Image

nymets123
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:19 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nymets123 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:30 pm

even2flow wrote:I wanted to see it in theatres, but never got around to it. I just watched Darjeeling Limited. I'm still up in the air about how I feel about it. I get the same feeling about most of Wes Anderson's movies. People claim brilliant dry humor and story telling, but I wasn't super engaged by it. Rushmore had it's moments, as did I Heart Huckabee's, but I wasn't blown away. Maybe I'm just not artsy enough (not likely, I'm awesome).

On the other hand, I have the Fifth Element coming on my Netflix cause I've never seen it :shock:


I Heart Huckabees was a David O. Russel film not Wes Anderson... wes andersons good, paul thomas anderson is better.

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:06 pm

Oops, I should know better. That's what I get for assuming. :oops:

User avatar
Cardboardbox
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:00 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Cardboardbox » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:02 am

Happy Thursday party people!

Has anyone started (or finished :x) Getting to Maybe? I just got my copy yesterday and got through the first chapter on the train into work. I feel kind of lucky lol even though I imagine practically every law student and their mother reads it, but reading through the first chapter and right off the bat being told 'This is how people usually screw up' 'This is what you will be TEMPTED to look for' 'However, this is what you SHOULD be looking for' makes me feel a little more at ease knowing I won't be going into LS blind.

I see a lot of people talking about how people overthink 1L to an extreme degree but it's hard not to when you think of how much pressure there is to be top of the class.

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby hannah87 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:06 am

Cardboardbox wrote:Happy Thursday party people!

Has anyone started (or finished :x) Getting to Maybe? I just got my copy yesterday and got through the first chapter on the train into work. I feel kind of lucky lol even though I imagine practically every law student and their mother reads it, but reading through the first chapter and right off the bat being told 'This is how people usually screw up' 'This is what you will be TEMPTED to look for' 'However, this is what you SHOULD be looking for' makes me feel a little more at ease knowing I won't be going into LS blind.

I see a lot of people talking about how people overthink 1L to an extreme degree but it's hard not to when you think of how much pressure there is to be top of the class.


i'm reading it veeeerrrrryyyy slowly. kinda dull and repetitive at times, but the writing is clear and it makes me feel better, too!

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:11 am

hannah87 wrote:
Cardboardbox wrote:Happy Thursday party people!

Has anyone started (or finished :x) Getting to Maybe? I just got my copy yesterday and got through the first chapter on the train into work. I feel kind of lucky lol even though I imagine practically every law student and their mother reads it, but reading through the first chapter and right off the bat being told 'This is how people usually screw up' 'This is what you will be TEMPTED to look for' 'However, this is what you SHOULD be looking for' makes me feel a little more at ease knowing I won't be going into LS blind.

I see a lot of people talking about how people overthink 1L to an extreme degree but it's hard not to when you think of how much pressure there is to be top of the class.


i'm reading it veeeerrrrryyyy slowly. kinda dull and repetitive at times, but the writing is clear and it makes me feel better, too!

Same here, Box & Hannah.

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby hannah87 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:12 am

we're in good company :wink:

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:58 am

nygrrrl wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
Cardboardbox wrote:Happy Thursday party people!

Has anyone started (or finished :x) Getting to Maybe? I just got my copy yesterday and got through the first chapter on the train into work. I feel kind of lucky lol even though I imagine practically every law student and their mother reads it, but reading through the first chapter and right off the bat being told 'This is how people usually screw up' 'This is what you will be TEMPTED to look for' 'However, this is what you SHOULD be looking for' makes me feel a little more at ease knowing I won't be going into LS blind.

I see a lot of people talking about how people overthink 1L to an extreme degree but it's hard not to when you think of how much pressure there is to be top of the class.


i'm reading it veeeerrrrryyyy slowly. kinda dull and repetitive at times, but the writing is clear and it makes me feel better, too!

Same here, Box & Hannah.


ha I actually just got my copy the other day but haven't started it yet.

txhorn
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:18 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby txhorn » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:20 pm

Is no one still waiting on the WL on TLS?

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:32 pm

txhorn wrote:Is no one still waiting on the WL on TLS?

Many people are, actually. Thread's just slowed down.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:18 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:What's weird is that he uses his same blank expression in that episode as he methodically tortures and kills people as he does during every episode of "Arrested Development."

Reminds of the t-shirt "This kitten thinks of nothing but murder all day."

Hahaha - my husband had never seen A.D. - just made him get it on Netflix. I love that show. Never gets old.


STEVE HOLT!

Image


my boyfriend just introduced me to this show a few weeks ago... we've also got it on netflix (yay for the roku! law school doesn't need cable... I'll probably do what we do here... netflix, internet, free basic cable) and I watched the first two episodes of season 3 today! he saw them the other night but I slept through them... I apparently have viral labrynthitis and am not allowed to go to work =P

also, checking out that book. didn't know about it. apparently should read it if you all are.

User avatar
Mr. Matlock
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Mr. Matlock » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:37 pm

--ImageRemoved--

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:44 pm

by the way, sorry for seeming non-caring or whatever earlier. I DO care that I got into fordham and am very happy about it. I just haven't been able to call yet (I'm sick! and I work late hours! and there's no cell phone service at work and using the company phone is against the rules). I will be calling soon, maybe tomorrow of my nausea stays down. and before you butts ask, no I'm not pregnant. I've got labrynthitis! and it sucks.

for anyone still waiting to hear from fordham I do hope you get in soon! when I visited I loved the school... the people seemed awesome and smart and the facilities are really nice (I think... I remember someone posting on here disagreeing but maybe they just want some huge campus with acres and acres of trees) and do a great job of giving students any sort of space they'd want-indoor or outdoor- despite the fact that they're in a notoriously crowded city.
Image

User avatar
Cardboardbox
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:00 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Cardboardbox » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:59 am

Woah, those are some pretty cool ice cubes...

Anyone have exciting plans for the weekend? I think on sunday I'm finally gonna try the famous Katz Deli and see if there sandwiches are actually worth $16 lol

I'm hoping, seeing as it's a friday, maybe they'll be some more good news from the WL too? =D

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:01 am

Cardboardbox wrote:Woah, those are some pretty cool ice cubes...

Anyone have exciting plans for the weekend? I think on sunday I'm finally gonna try the famous Katz Deli and see if there sandwiches are actually worth $16 lol

I'm hoping, seeing as it's a friday, maybe they'll be some more good news from the WL too? =D


They're not, but it is still sort of a NY landmark so it's worth one visit

User avatar
rockthelaw
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:53 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby rockthelaw » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:24 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
Cardboardbox wrote:Woah, those are some pretty cool ice cubes...

Anyone have exciting plans for the weekend? I think on sunday I'm finally gonna try the famous Katz Deli and see if there sandwiches are actually worth $16 lol

I'm hoping, seeing as it's a friday, maybe they'll be some more good news from the WL too? =D


They're not, but it is still sort of a NY landmark so it's worth one visit

Yeah, probably not worth 16 bucks, but they are tasty. Pastrami all the way. Grab an extra pickle or two.

While you're in the neighborhood, go to Doughnut Plant and get the cocount cream, and creme brulee doughnuts. You can thank me later!

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:32 am

rockthelaw wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
Cardboardbox wrote:Woah, those are some pretty cool ice cubes...

Anyone have exciting plans for the weekend? I think on sunday I'm finally gonna try the famous Katz Deli and see if there sandwiches are actually worth $16 lol

I'm hoping, seeing as it's a friday, maybe they'll be some more good news from the WL too? =D


They're not, but it is still sort of a NY landmark so it's worth one visit

Yeah, probably not worth 16 bucks, but they are tasty. Pastrami all the way. Grab an extra pickle or two.

While you're in the neighborhood, go to Doughnut Plant and get the cocount cream, and creme brulee doughnuts. You can thank me later!


I bought those ice cubes. There is a shop a block from my house that has cool unnecessary stuff. I go there when I'm upset. DEFINITELY just started crying at work, btw. After 2 days off sick. Leaving early, but feeling poor.

I am going to a smashmouth concert tomorrow night!!

tesoro
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:10 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby tesoro » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:56 am

Holy shit. Anyone else watching soccer? That was a ridiculous game.

primusux
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:02 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby primusux » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:35 pm

tesoro wrote:Holy shit. Anyone else watching soccer? That was a ridiculous game.


+1. Questionable decisions at best though.

tesoro
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:10 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby tesoro » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:49 pm

primusux wrote:
tesoro wrote:Holy shit. Anyone else watching soccer? That was a ridiculous game.


+1. Questionable decisions at best though.


You're referring to the refs, yes? USA was robbed at the end, unquestionably.

User avatar
rockthelaw
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:53 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby rockthelaw » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:08 pm

tesoro wrote:
primusux wrote:
tesoro wrote:Holy shit. Anyone else watching soccer? That was a ridiculous game.


+1. Questionable decisions at best though.


You're referring to the refs, yes? USA was robbed at the end, unquestionably.


I didn't see the first half, but I heard the ref was pretty bad during that part of the game.

I did watch the second half, and man, that was a bad call at the end. How many holds were there? At least 2.

Still, USA needs to come out stronger in the first half. At least we saved the tie.

primusux
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:02 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby primusux » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:41 pm

Ya that was a pretty brutal decision but we should be thankful we still even have a shot. Just have to hope Wednesday goes better.

tesoro
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:10 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby tesoro » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:48 pm

primusux wrote:Ya that was a pretty brutal decision but we should be thankful we still even have a shot. Just have to hope Wednesday goes better.


Well Algeria gave us new life. If I've done the calculus right, we hold our fate in our hands.

If USA wins, we have 5 points. Assuming the win:

If Slovenia wins, Slovenia has 7 points and England has 2. Slovenia and USA advance.
If England wins, England has 5 points, Slovenia has 4. USA and England advance.
If Slovenia and England tie, Slovenia has 5 points, England has 4. USA and Slovenia advance.

Algeria seems beatable, USA offense looked pretty sharp today. Here's to hoping. Here's also to hoping I don't get fired for spending my entire workweek watching soccer.

timertimer61
Posts: 151
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:31 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby timertimer61 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:33 pm

when is the orientation and first day of class for parttime students?

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:49 am

tesoro wrote:Here's also to hoping I don't get fired for spending my entire workweek watching soccer.

They have it on in the cafeteria at work. There are some people who walk in, drop their stuff off at their desk, then sit in the cafeteria the entire day.

I'm all for blowing off work, but that's taking it to a new level.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”