Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:01 am

rockthelaw wrote:
sibley wrote:Has anyone from the WL ever gotten cash?

I still haven't called them back but will really only consider going if they give me more than GW. Need-based would count... how much of that do they give out?


This might be an obvious statement, but maybe if you called them back, you'd find out the answer to your question.

Or just go to GW.


I'll call them back when I have time. And will probably 'just go to GW' also.

User avatar
badpixie
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby badpixie » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:32 pm

sibley wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:
sibley wrote:Has anyone from the WL ever gotten cash?

I still haven't called them back but will really only consider going if they give me more than GW. Need-based would count... how much of that do they give out?


This might be an obvious statement, but maybe if you called them back, you'd find out the answer to your question.

Or just go to GW.


I'll call them back when I have time. And will probably 'just go to GW' also.


Wow. Just... wow.... :roll:

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:00 pm

badpixie wrote:
sibley wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:
sibley wrote:Has anyone from the WL ever gotten cash?

I still haven't called them back but will really only consider going if they give me more than GW. Need-based would count... how much of that do they give out?


This might be an obvious statement, but maybe if you called them back, you'd find out the answer to your question.

Or just go to GW.


I'll call them back when I have time. And will probably 'just go to GW' also.


Wow. Just... wow.... :roll:


what! he was rude.

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:47 pm

sibley wrote:
badpixie wrote:Wow. Just... wow.... :roll:

what! he was rude.


I have resisted mightily getting into this one, but now I feel I must.

Sibley: the people still in this thread are all still waiting to hear. For many of these folks, Fordham
is their first choice. To have you come on and announce that you probably got in but you can't be bothered to call back and check for sure? It's thoughtless at best, cruel at worst. I can't imagine that you would do it on purpose, but you are certainly hurting people.

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby SAE » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:25 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
sibley wrote:
badpixie wrote:Wow. Just... wow.... :roll:

what! he was rude.


I have resisted mightily getting into this one, but now I feel I must.

Sibley: the people still in this thread are all still waiting to hear. For many of these folks, Fordham
is their first choice. To have you come on and announce that you probably got in but you can't be bothered to call back and check for sure? It's thoughtless at best, cruel at worst. I can't imagine that you would do it on purpose, but you are certainly hurting people.

or pissing them off at the least.

User avatar
badpixie
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby badpixie » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:45 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
sibley wrote:
badpixie wrote:Wow. Just... wow.... :roll:

what! he was rude.


I have resisted mightily getting into this one, but now I feel I must.

Sibley: the people still in this thread are all still waiting to hear. For many of these folks, Fordham
is their first choice. To have you come on and announce that you probably got in but you can't be bothered to call back and check for sure? It's thoughtless at best, cruel at worst. I can't imagine that you would do it on purpose, but you are certainly hurting people.


+1

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:11 pm

badpixie wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
sibley wrote:
badpixie wrote:Wow. Just... wow.... :roll:

what! he was rude.


I have resisted mightily getting into this one, but now I feel I must.

Sibley: the people still in this thread are all still waiting to hear. For many of these folks, Fordham
is their first choice. To have you come on and announce that you probably got in but you can't be bothered to call back and check for sure? It's thoughtless at best, cruel at worst. I can't imagine that you would do it on purpose, but you are certainly hurting people.


+1


pixie, have you read nygrrl's interactions with me? she can't be bothered to respond when I pm and ask her how she's doing. she's only around to attack me. if you'd like you can search my threads and see I've been nothing but supportive of and hopeful for everyone in this thread. and please especially take note that I did not say I could not be bothered to respond but rather that I had not yet done so. And in case you're wondering, it's because I work excessive hours daily and have no signal in the office. Therefore, no way to call back Fordham admissions! Clearly I'm a terrible person.

User avatar
badpixie
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby badpixie » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:11 pm

sibley wrote:pixie, have you read nygrrl's interactions with me? she can't be bothered to respond when I pm and ask her how she's doing. she's only around to attack me. if you'd like you can search my threads and see I've been nothing but supportive of and hopeful for everyone in this thread. and please especially take note that I did not say I could not be bothered to respond but rather that I had not yet done so. And in case you're wondering, it's because I work excessive hours daily and have no signal in the office. Therefore, no way to call back Fordham admissions! Clearly I'm a terrible person.


Yes, sibley, I have read your interactions with nygrrl in this thread, as well as your posts in several other threads where we have crossed paths. However, past posts have nothing to do with the fact that, in my opinion, your posts today about not returning the call to Fordham confirm that you had gotten in, while making the point that you will only consider attending if they give you significant aid, were insensitive at best. I stand by my "+1" in this case. You are free to disagree, as you obviously do.

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby hannah87 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:58 am

boo jersey shore wrote:
sibley wrote:pixie, have you read nygrrl's interactions with me? she can't be bothered to respond when I pm and ask her how she's doing. she's only around to attack me. if you'd like you can search my threads and see I've been nothing but supportive of and hopeful for everyone in this thread. and please especially take note that I did not say I could not be bothered to respond but rather that I had not yet done so. And in case you're wondering, it's because I work excessive hours daily and have no signal in the office. Therefore, no way to call back Fordham admissions! Clearly I'm a terrible person.

Personally, I think you should sue everyone who hasn't treated you like the princess you are. You'll show them. Oh, btw: How's Georgetown working out for you?


i just laugh every time i see your 'tar, boo.

User avatar
Cardboardbox
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:00 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Cardboardbox » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:01 am

I miss the friendliest thread on TLS, what's going on :(

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:08 am

Cardboardbox wrote:I miss the friendliest thread on TLS, what's going on :(


Sorry buddy....how's your week going?

Just ordered Youth in Revolt....if you haven't seen it, do so....it's amazing.

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:11 am

I wanted to see it in theatres, but never got around to it. I just watched Darjeeling Limited. I'm still up in the air about how I feel about it. I get the same feeling about most of Wes Anderson's movies. People claim brilliant dry humor and story telling, but I wasn't super engaged by it. Rushmore had it's moments, as did I Heart Huckabee's, but I wasn't blown away. Maybe I'm just not artsy enough (not likely, I'm awesome).

On the other hand, I have the Fifth Element coming on my Netflix cause I've never seen it :shock:

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:14 am

even2flow wrote:I wanted to see it in theatres, but never got around to it. I just watched Darjeeling Limited. I'm still up in the air about how I feel about it. I get the same feeling about most of Wes Anderson's movies. People claim brilliant dry humor and story telling, but I wasn't super engaged by it. Rushmore had it's moments, as did I Heart Huckabee's, but I wasn't blown away. Maybe I'm just not artsy enough (not likely, I'm awesome).

On the other hand, I have the Fifth Element coming on my Netflix cause I've never seen it :shock:


I'm not a huge fan of his stuff. Michael Cera, on the other hand, can do no wrong in my book.

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:16 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
even2flow wrote:I wanted to see it in theatres, but never got around to it. I just watched Darjeeling Limited. I'm still up in the air about how I feel about it. I get the same feeling about most of Wes Anderson's movies. People claim brilliant dry humor and story telling, but I wasn't super engaged by it. Rushmore had it's moments, as did I Heart Huckabee's, but I wasn't blown away. Maybe I'm just not artsy enough (not likely, I'm awesome).

On the other hand, I have the Fifth Element coming on my Netflix cause I've never seen it :shock:


I'm not a huge fan of his stuff. Michael Cera, on the other hand, can do no wrong in my book.

Did you see that movie he did with Jack Black? BC or something? That didn't look that great from the previews, but I could be wrong.

Everything else that I've seen him do I've enjoyed tho. I just hope he quits playing the same character over and over again.

User avatar
Cardboardbox
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:00 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Cardboardbox » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:19 am

Haha, I actually watched Youth in Revolt the other day with my gf, it was indeed some Michael Cera awesomeness as per usual. Speaking of which, it's her 21st bday so I'm taking her out for lunch in a bit and I got tickets to Wicked. She knows the soundtrack by heart but has never seen the show, so I'm really excited to surprise her, center orchestra seats too! :D

How could have you never seen the Fifth Element? :shock: It's a really good movie, I think you'll like it. I was also kind of meh when I saw Darleejing and Huckabees. Did you see the Royal Tenebaums though? I think that's def. my favorite Wes Anderson movie and it's rather awesome.

Oh and I saw BC in theatres. I felt like I had wasted 12 bucks and an hour and a half of my life :( it had it's moments though I guess.

Now you guys got me started on movies...this means I'll never shut up...
Last edited by Cardboardbox on Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:20 am

even2flow wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
even2flow wrote:I wanted to see it in theatres, but never got around to it. I just watched Darjeeling Limited. I'm still up in the air about how I feel about it. I get the same feeling about most of Wes Anderson's movies. People claim brilliant dry humor and story telling, but I wasn't super engaged by it. Rushmore had it's moments, as did I Heart Huckabee's, but I wasn't blown away. Maybe I'm just not artsy enough (not likely, I'm awesome).

On the other hand, I have the Fifth Element coming on my Netflix cause I've never seen it :shock:


I'm not a huge fan of his stuff. Michael Cera, on the other hand, can do no wrong in my book.

Did you see that movie he did with Jack Black? BC or something? That didn't look that great from the previews, but I could be wrong.

Everything else that I've seen him do I've enjoyed tho. I just hope he quits playing the same character over and over again.


Of course I saw it! It wasn't bad, if you take it for what it was. Some really good guys in the supporting cast, too.

He does play the same character, but I think it's such a relatable character that he can still get some more mileage out of it. A confident, outgoing George Michael Bluth? Not for me.

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:36 am

I took my ex to see Wicked, it was pretty good. I'm not crazy about musical theatre though, but I still had a good time.

Just added Royal Tenenbaums to my queue, as well as Youth in Revolt and Lost in Translation, which I also haven't seen. Netflix also suggested Nick and Norah, was that any good?

I'm pretty excited to see The Fifth Element, I've been on a dorky sci-fi kick lately.

Edit - Queue is 40 movies deep right now :? I need more free time.
Last edited by even2flow on Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Cardboardbox
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:00 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Cardboardbox » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:39 am

even2flow wrote:I took my ex to see Wicked, it was pretty good. I'm not crazy about musical theatre though, but I still had a good time.

Just added Royal Tenenbaums to my queue, as well as Youth in Revolt and Lost in Translation, which I also haven't seen. Netflix also suggested Nick and Norah, was that any good?

I'm pretty excited to see The Fifth Element, I've been on a dorky sci-fi kick lately.


Yea, I meant to mention Nick and Norah as well, I think that's my favorite Cera movie.

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:42 am

Cardboardbox wrote:
even2flow wrote:I took my ex to see Wicked, it was pretty good. I'm not crazy about musical theatre though, but I still had a good time.

Just added Royal Tenenbaums to my queue, as well as Youth in Revolt and Lost in Translation, which I also haven't seen. Netflix also suggested Nick and Norah, was that any good?

I'm pretty excited to see The Fifth Element, I've been on a dorky sci-fi kick lately.


Yea, I meant to mention Nick and Norah as well, I think that's my favorite Cera movie.


I liked it. Not my fave, but worth seeing.

User avatar
rockthelaw
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:53 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby rockthelaw » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:45 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
Cardboardbox wrote:
even2flow wrote:I took my ex to see Wicked, it was pretty good. I'm not crazy about musical theatre though, but I still had a good time.

Just added Royal Tenenbaums to my queue, as well as Youth in Revolt and Lost in Translation, which I also haven't seen. Netflix also suggested Nick and Norah, was that any good?

I'm pretty excited to see The Fifth Element, I've been on a dorky sci-fi kick lately.


Yea, I meant to mention Nick and Norah as well, I think that's my favorite Cera movie.


I liked it. Not my fave, but worth seeing.


Speaking of Michael Cera, you ever see the episode of La Femee Nikita (yeah...I'm a dork) where Michael Cera is like 10 years old and plays a 10-year-old "weapon" who can kill people with his mind?

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:47 am

rockthelaw wrote:Speaking of Michael Cera, you ever see the episode of La Femee Nikita (yeah...I'm a dork) where Michael Cera is like 10 years old and plays a 10-year-old "weapon" who can kill people with his mind?

Wow, no, please tell me this is available on youtube or the internet somewhere.

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:49 am

rockthelaw wrote:
Speaking of Michael Cera, you ever see the episode of La Femee Nikita (yeah...I'm a dork) where Michael Cera is like 10 years old and plays a 10-year-old "weapon" who can kill people with his mind?


I haven't, but I'm sure he played it to perfection.

User avatar
rockthelaw
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:53 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby rockthelaw » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:55 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:
Speaking of Michael Cera, you ever see the episode of La Femee Nikita (yeah...I'm a dork) where Michael Cera is like 10 years old and plays a 10-year-old "weapon" who can kill people with his mind?


I haven't, but I'm sure he played it to perfection.


What's weird is that he uses his same blank expression in that episode as he methodically tortures and kills people as he does during every episode of "Arrested Development."

Reminds of the t-shirt "This kitten thinks of nothing but murder all day."

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:57 am

rockthelaw wrote:What's weird is that he uses his same blank expression in that episode as he methodically tortures and kills people as he does during every episode of "Arrested Development."

Reminds of the t-shirt "This kitten thinks of nothing but murder all day."

Hahaha - my husband had never seen A.D. - just made him get it on Netflix. I love that show. Never gets old.

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:58 am

rockthelaw wrote:
Reminds of the t-shirt "This kitten thinks of nothing but murder all day."

:lol:
Just googled that.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”