Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby chicoalto0649 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:45 pm

sibley wrote:
even2flow wrote:On the bright side, I played my first game of football in 15+ years in Cape Cod (a place I've never been to) this weekend. Also learned how to skimboard and ate an ungodly amount of red meat. The weekend was good.


I went to a rib fest =) Split a full rack of ribs plus two huge sides with my boyfriend. We finished it... was super good. The rib makers were from Columbus OH, and it cost us $22 for all. Seems like it was a decent deal.


Ah musta been from City BBQ...yum (current resident of Columbus OH here)

txhorn
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:18 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby txhorn » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:09 pm

Why haven't they called yet?!!

User avatar
rockthelaw
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:53 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby rockthelaw » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:09 am

Hey kids.

It's getting gross hot in DC. Much preferred the NYC weather this past weekend.

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:13 am

rockthelaw wrote:Hey kids.

It's getting gross hot in DC. Much preferred the NYC weather this past weekend.

So funny - it was 85 here yesterday and I had to go to a big Biz Function last night; as I stood on the subway, sweating in my suit jacket, I was reminded of going to work in DC in July, gingerly holding my jacket on my fingertips, wilting in the heat and it made NYC seem so cool, in comparison!
Ah, summer.
:mrgreen:

nymario
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nymario » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:17 am

rockthelaw wrote:Hey kids.

It's getting gross hot in DC. Much preferred the NYC weather this past weekend.


I was in NYC last weekend as well, back in greater DC now. Long Beach, Tennis on Coney Island, and Susur's(from Top Chef Masters) restaurant Shang. Good times.

adav
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:38 pm

Postby adav » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:17 pm

l
Last edited by adav on Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Cardboardbox
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:00 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Cardboardbox » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:31 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:Hi guys, just back in the thread to say good luck to people waiting on the 2nd deposit! I just finished our writing competition, and I hope I get on a journal, because I don't know if I can do this again next year.


Good luck on the writing competition OS, I'm sure you'll rock it!

tesoro
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:10 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby tesoro » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:55 pm

nymario wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:Hey kids.

It's getting gross hot in DC. Much preferred the NYC weather this past weekend.


I was in NYC last weekend as well, back in greater DC now. Long Beach, Tennis on Coney Island, and Susur's(from Top Chef Masters) restaurant Shang. Good times.


+1 to the NYC vacation from DC. I actually like the really hot weather down south and it doesnt slow me down at all, which is going to be an asset this weekend during a frisbee tournament when everyone else is wilting from the sun :).

NoVA summer = win. NoVA any other time of year really sucks. I think I'm in the minority here...

Also, I'm counting down the days to move to NYC.

User avatar
Cardboardbox
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:00 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Cardboardbox » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:14 am

Ugh, I know what you guys mean about the heat. It's supposed to be in the 80s today and raining, the absolute worse combo, hot, humid and wet. It only make it worse because I also have to suit up for work. I'll just have to hide inside all day...

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:18 am

Good Morning, Fordhamsters.
I am crossing fingers and toes that today is the day for some of you!

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:42 am

Cardboardbox wrote:Ugh, I know what you guys mean about the heat. It's supposed to be in the 80s today and raining, the absolute worse combo, hot, humid and wet. It only make it worse because I also have to suit up for work. I'll just have to hide inside all day...



hey! no complaining about the heat! Have you forgotten winter already? 76 and thunderstorms here today. The least tolerable is the weather we had last week, where it didn't cool down at night. Hot apartment = meh.

User avatar
rockthelaw
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:53 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby rockthelaw » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:52 am

sibley wrote:
Cardboardbox wrote:Ugh, I know what you guys mean about the heat. It's supposed to be in the 80s today and raining, the absolute worse combo, hot, humid and wet. It only make it worse because I also have to suit up for work. I'll just have to hide inside all day...



hey! no complaining about the heat! Have you forgotten winter already? 76 and thunderstorms here today. The least tolerable is the weather we had last week, where it didn't cool down at night. Hot apartment = meh.

When you move to DC to attend GW, you'll see.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:56 am

rockthelaw wrote:
sibley wrote:
Cardboardbox wrote:Ugh, I know what you guys mean about the heat. It's supposed to be in the 80s today and raining, the absolute worse combo, hot, humid and wet. It only make it worse because I also have to suit up for work. I'll just have to hide inside all day...



hey! no complaining about the heat! Have you forgotten winter already? 76 and thunderstorms here today. The least tolerable is the weather we had last week, where it didn't cool down at night. Hot apartment = meh.

When you move to DC to attend GW, you'll see.



shhh don't tell the lurking fordham adcomms. I still want an offer I'm looking forward to a little more heat. I'll get a/c (don't need it here) and I'll be happy. And maybe my body temperature will raise itself to the standard 98.9 instead of the 97 I'm currently running at.

Clive1
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:59 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Clive1 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:52 pm

so, any activity this week? or does it usually take a little while after the deposit dates? i'm guessing it probably does if they rely on postmarks instead of the day they receive them.

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby SAE » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:55 pm

Clive1 wrote:so, any activity this week? or does it usually take a little while after the deposit dates? i'm guessing it probably does if they rely on postmarks instead of the day they receive them.

Personally, I am not hoping for any major activity on a friday afternoon.

User avatar
Cardboardbox
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:00 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Cardboardbox » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:06 pm

SAE wrote:
Clive1 wrote:so, any activity this week? or does it usually take a little while after the deposit dates? i'm guessing it probably does if they rely on postmarks instead of the day they receive them.

Personally, I am not hoping for any major activity on a friday afternoon.


Why's that? is that when the rejections come or just a personal preference? :x

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:13 pm

If I recall, rock got his acceptance at like 5 on a Friday.

GermX
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby GermX » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:14 pm

So I withdrew via e-mail but the idiots are still sending me shit. Guess I'll call on Monday to be sure. Don't want one of you guys to lose a seat (to this suckfest).

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:14 pm

even2flow wrote:If I recall, rock got his acceptance at like 5 on a Friday.

User avatar
Cardboardbox
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:00 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Cardboardbox » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:18 pm

Oh in that case...*stay glued to phone hoping for the best*

Clive1
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:59 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Clive1 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:18 pm

GermX wrote:So I withdrew via e-mail but the idiots are still sending me shit. Guess I'll call on Monday to be sure. Don't want one of you guys to lose a seat (to this suckfest).


with that kind of attitude, i don't think anyone here wants you there anyway. so, thanks?

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby SAE » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:29 pm

Clive1 wrote:
GermX wrote:So I withdrew via e-mail but the idiots are still sending me shit. Guess I'll call on Monday to be sure. Don't want one of you guys to lose a seat (to this suckfest).


with that kind of attitude, i don't think anyone here wants you there anyway. so, thanks?

Image

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:31 pm

Cardboardbox wrote:Oh in that case...*stay glued to phone hoping for the best*

Fwiw though, I imagine they're still sorting through all the deposits, so I probably wouldn't get my hopes up for this week. After that, the only way they'll get my cell phone is if they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

krj02004
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:33 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby krj02004 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:56 pm

Withdrew earlier this week... most likely going to Iowa or Vanderbilt. Good luck to those still waiting to get in!

nymario
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nymario » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:14 pm

FYI at least some portion of the Admissions staff are away at a conference. As I understand it, they will return Monday, so nothing should be expected until Monday afternoon at the earliest.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], r2d2111 and 6 guests