Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nygrrrl

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Mon May 24, 2010 9:39 am

rockthelaw wrote:Keep the faith, kids.

I have never watched Lost, but I recently purchased the complete series of Daria (remember that show?). Been watching non-stop.

I loved that show.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Mon May 24, 2010 9:40 am

nygrrrl wrote:Hmm. I don't love Skittles. How about M&Ms? Or Mike 'n Ikes?

Really anything that can be remarkably addicting, I just opted for the work friendly option of candy over the reality of sex or drugs.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon May 24, 2010 9:42 am

I have never watched Lost, but I recently purchased the complete series of Daria (remember that show?). Been watching non-stop.

I used to watch that and oddities on mtv on saturday mornings (at least when mystery science theater 3000 wasn't on).

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Mon May 24, 2010 9:48 am

I have the box set :D . amazing show.

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Mon May 24, 2010 12:43 pm

So Fordham sent me a letter today telling me I'm eliminated from their waitlist. I'm really a bit shocked. I had numbers right in the range of most applicants (167, 3.5 URM), and was accepted into pretty much every peer school with good scholarships. After my waitlist, I went to tour the school, sit in on a class, visit with admissions, and sent in a detailed and sincere LOCI, clearly letting them know that Fordham was my number 1 for many reasons. To get knocked off the WL in May is a bit of a shock. Oh well. This is my 2000th post, so its no time for misery, but for celebration!

tesoro

Postby tesoro » Mon May 24, 2010 12:47 pm

dakatz wrote:So Fordham sent me a letter today telling me I'm eliminated from their waitlist. I'm really a bit shocked. I had numbers right in the range of most applicants (167, 3.5 URM), and was accepted into pretty much every peer school with good scholarships. After my waitlist, I went to tour the school, sit in on a class, visit with admissions, and sent in a detailed and sincere LOCI, clearly letting them know that Fordham was my number 1 for many reasons. To get knocked off the WL in May is a bit of a shock. Oh well. This is my 2000th post, so its no time for misery, but for celebration!

That's shocking. Hope you land somewhere you'll be happy at. Very sorry-

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon May 24, 2010 1:15 pm

dakatz wrote:So Fordham sent me a letter today telling me I'm eliminated from their waitlist. I'm really a bit shocked. I had numbers right in the range of most applicants (167, 3.5 URM), and was accepted into pretty much every peer school with good scholarships. After my waitlist, I went to tour the school, sit in on a class, visit with admissions, and sent in a detailed and sincere LOCI, clearly letting them know that Fordham was my number 1 for many reasons. To get knocked off the WL in May is a bit of a shock. Oh well. This is my 2000th post, so its no time for misery, but for celebration!

Wow, dakatz - I'm so sorry. Where do you think you'll be headed, in the fall?
(Also, congrats on the 2000)

txhorn

Postby txhorn » Mon May 24, 2010 1:50 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:watched it over the weekend. needless to say but the very foundations upon which i based my whole existence crashed down by the time the credits were rolling.

also, i am almost done with last season of lost and have everything from this season dvrd so i swear to god if someone talks about it i will LOSE IT!!!!

that is all.

He dies. :D
Last edited by txhorn on Mon May 24, 2010 1:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

txhorn

Postby txhorn » Mon May 24, 2010 1:52 pm

That's crazy, did this come via email or snail?

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Mon May 24, 2010 3:10 pm

txhorn wrote:

That's crazy, did this come via email or snail?

Snail mail. Just a regular small envelope. For a second, I got excited and thought I was in off the WL, but obviously Fordham had other plans. Shame, but not the end of the world. Sent deposit in at BU. They offered me a really good scholarship, I have a bunch of contacts there, my gf is getting a job there, etc. So there were just too many good factors to turn down BU, even at the expense of some T14 schools. Nothing for me to get down about.

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Mon May 24, 2010 3:23 pm

I'm also on the WL here, would love to get in. I visited the school last summer and loved the location and job prospects, if not the building itself.

Stats:
-I love Lost (and won't spoil the ending)
-Community is tied with Modern Family for my favorite new show
-The Wire is my favorite show of all time
-Skittles>M&Ms>>>>Mike & Ike's (it's like chewing little bits of rubber, how can anyone like these?)
-I was the first baby in space

...obviously, some of my stats are fudged to protect my anonymity.

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Mon May 24, 2010 3:25 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:I'm also on the WL here, would love to get in. I visited the school last summer and loved the location and job prospects, if not the building itself.

Stats:
-Skittles>M&Ms>>>>Mike & Ike's (it's like chewing little bits of rubber, how can anyone like these?)

Pretty bummed that its finally over. Sure, it got so convoluted at points that I just shook my head and said "I'm just watching to see it through to the end", but its still sad to see them go, like watching an old friend get on a plane and fly away (pun not intended). Unlike many people, I sort of liked the ending, but also won't spoil it.

badpixie

Postby badpixie » Mon May 24, 2010 3:45 pm

So sorry dakatz. Good luck at BU!!

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Mon May 24, 2010 4:00 pm

badpixie wrote:

So sorry dakatz. Good luck at BU!!

good luck, dakatz!

badpixie

Postby badpixie » Mon May 24, 2010 4:20 pm

I am 99% sure that I'm going to Fordham, but I am still waiting for decisions from some schools (all lower ranked), and so I can't seem to let go and say for certain that I will be attending Fordham in the fall. I can't imagine that there is anything that one of these schools could do to make me decide to give up Fordham, so why am I having trouble getting to 100%?? Is anyone else having a similar problem?

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon May 24, 2010 4:29 pm

badpixie wrote:I am 99% sure that I'm going to Fordham, but I am still waiting for decisions from some schools (all lower ranked), and so I can't seem to let go and say for certain that I will be attending Fordham in the fall. I can't imagine that there is anything that one of these schools could do to make me decide to give up Fordham, so why am I having trouble getting to 100%?? Is anyone else having a similar problem?

pixiecometofordhampixiecometofordhampixiecometofordham
I'm sorry, what was the question?
8)

2013esq

Postby 2013esq » Mon May 24, 2010 4:37 pm

I haven't received the letter via mail (it's probably waiting at my house) but just checked my status checker and was also removed from the waitlist.

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:I'm also on the WL here, would love to get in. I visited the school last summer and loved the location and job prospects, if not the building itself.

Stats:

Modern Family is SO funny!!

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Mon May 24, 2010 6:08 pm

Decided to not take a deferral after I realized the real world sucks. I just know I would do nothing but putz around for a year/ do nothing to make myself more employable lol. So I am defs class of 2013/ headed to the bbq

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Mon May 24, 2010 6:12 pm

2013esq wrote:I haven't received the letter via mail (it's probably waiting at my house) but just checked my status checker and was also removed from the waitlist.

Sorry to hear that! I didn't know it would be on the status checker. I rushed to check it, but it looks like I'm still in it for now.

txhorn

Postby txhorn » Mon May 24, 2010 7:14 pm

Still on it, nice.

mdgold

Postby mdgold » Mon May 24, 2010 7:52 pm

2013esq wrote:

I haven't received the letter via mail (it's probably waiting at my house) but just checked my status checker and was also removed from the waitlist.

Stats:

Modern Family is SO funny!!

What did your status checker say?

salyesq

Postby salyesq » Mon May 24, 2010 8:39 pm

I got dinged today via status checker. It said: unfortunately your application has been denied.

I was originally put on the waiting list April 28th. I had a really great conversation with an admissions director, and at her suggestion wrote a sincere letter expressing my interest in the part time program. I even had a letter from my employer explaining that I would continue to work if accepted to the program. Then dinged today:(

My options are Brooklyn or Temple, both with some money. I'm almost thinking about retaking the LSAT and trying again next year.......

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon May 24, 2010 9:49 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:Decided to not take a deferral after I realized the real world sucks. I just know I would do nothing but putz around for a year/ do nothing to make myself more employable lol. So I am defs class of 2013/ headed to the bbq

yay!!!!!

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon May 24, 2010 9:50 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
2013esq wrote:I haven't received the letter via mail (it's probably waiting at my house) but just checked my status checker and was also removed from the waitlist.

Sorry to hear that! I didn't know it would be on the status checker. I rushed to check it, but it looks like I'm still in it for now.

EB, crossing fingers.......

and I'm sorry, salyesq.

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Mon May 24, 2010 9:57 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
Encyclopedia Brown wrote:

EB, crossing fingers.......

and I'm sorry, salyesq.

As hectic as an eleventh-hour acceptance off the WL would be, NYC is actually the one place where I have 1) somewhere to stay while looking for a place, and 2) an actual chance of finding a place that's not absolutely horrible at the last minute (at least I hope the second one is true).

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”