Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
greg11a

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby greg11a » Tue May 18, 2010 11:00 am

Just gave up my seat as well, I will be applying next year however.

SAE

Postby SAE » Tue May 18, 2010 11:11 am

Anyone else getting the feeling that wl admissions are done on a rolling basis? That is the earlier you get wl'ed, the earlier they will revisit your file.

txhorn

Postby txhorn » Tue May 18, 2010 11:14 am

SAE wrote:Anyone else getting the feeling that wl admissions are done on a rolling basis? That is the earlier you get wl'ed, the earlier they will revisit your file.

It seems to me too

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Tue May 18, 2010 11:15 am

SAE wrote:Anyone else getting the feeling that wl admissions are done on a rolling basis? That is the earlier you get wl'ed, the earlier they will revisit your file.

I dunno. I spoke to a few folks who applied in Jan/Feb, were waitlisted, and then admitted.

SAE

Postby SAE » Tue May 18, 2010 11:40 am

rockthelaw wrote:

I dunno. I spoke to a few folks who applied in Jan/Feb, were waitlisted, and then admitted.

pt/ft? there might be a difference.

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Tue May 18, 2010 12:02 pm

SAE wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:

pt/ft? there might be a difference.

I think they are PT. I am sure that one of them is.

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Tue May 18, 2010 12:05 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:Asking for a deferral after I send in my second deposit. I am only 22 right now so I figure law school can wait...and I can give up my seat to one of you fellow TLSers

Planning on doing anything in particular with your year off?

sibley wrote:
Hannah, how was your bday?

and happy belated bday Hannah!

I have a pretty fun internship lined up atm, but after it concludes in November I plan on traveling and reading books I'll never get the opportunity to read while in law school.

Cardboardbox

Postby Cardboardbox » Tue May 18, 2010 12:07 pm

Happy Tuesday everyone. Another day of making sure my phone is perched precariously on a ledge by my desk seeing as it's the only place in the office I get service while I eagerly hope for a call.

Yea I was thinking the same thing. The people I spoke to/seen who have been taken off FT WL had been WLed about a month before me, so I'm hoping that it is rolling and that means I'm up for rereview soon (and that that rereview will be positive XD)

nymario

Postby nymario » Tue May 18, 2010 12:15 pm

I have a question about the people on the FT waitlist who also submitted themselves for PT consideration...Is it likely that they would make no offer at all instead of a PT offer while waiting to see what the FT class looks like? Are there FT/PT WLers who got in as PT and are continuing to wait on FT? I'm curious how that works (and whether not received a PT seat the last month may simply because of contention for a FT seat?)

I honestly have no clue, and would welcome opinions/facts on the matter.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Tue May 18, 2010 1:50 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:Asking for a deferral after I send in my second deposit. I am only 22 right now so I figure law school can wait...and I can give up my seat to one of you fellow TLSers

Planning on doing anything in particular with your year off?

sibley wrote:
Hannah, how was your bday?

and happy belated bday Hannah!

thanks, guys!!! it was fun...having a party in june when all of my friends are done with finals, etc. :D

Cardboardbox

Postby Cardboardbox » Tue May 18, 2010 3:28 pm

So idk how many of you are both Gleeks and huge fans of HIMYM but I'm extremely excited for Glee tonight with Neil Patrick Harris.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue May 18, 2010 3:42 pm

Cardboardbox wrote:So idk how many of you are both Gleeks and huge fans of HIMYM but I'm extremely excited for Glee tonight with Neil Patrick Harris.

Big HIMYM fan (and Barney was especially good last night) but never seen Glee, probably never will. Though I hear Jane Lynch is very good on it.

badpixie

Postby badpixie » Tue May 18, 2010 4:32 pm

Cardboardbox wrote:So idk how many of you are both Gleeks and huge fans of HIMYM but I'm extremely excited for Glee tonight with Neil Patrick Harris.

It's going to be legen....... wait for it......dary!!!!

Bailarina08

Postby Bailarina08 » Tue May 18, 2010 9:20 pm

badpixie wrote:

It's going to be legen....... wait for it......dary!!!!

There's a bar in the city that has a Glee night with shots named after the characters. Anyone for a Sue Sylvester slammer?

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Tue May 18, 2010 10:18 pm

Anyone gonna try out for the a cappella group?

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Tue May 18, 2010 10:31 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:Anyone gonna try out for the a cappella group?

There's a reason my username is "danidancer" and not "suzysinger." Kittens cry when I try to sing. :D

Bailarina08

Postby Bailarina08 » Tue May 18, 2010 10:36 pm

Is it just for the law school? Or is it a university thing? I might try out, but not during 1L. I'd rather focus on classes for the first year but would love to sing after that!

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Tue May 18, 2010 11:20 pm

Bailarina08 wrote:

Is it just for the law school? Or is it a university thing? I might try out, but not during 1L. I'd rather focus on classes for the first year but would love to sing after that!

Law school only. They're called "The Tortfeasors". They sung at admitted students day....and one of their choices was Eleanor Rigsby (wtf!). Why they intentionally picked one of the most depressing songs on Earth to sing at an admitted students day is beyond me.

badpixie

Postby badpixie » Wed May 19, 2010 12:25 am

chicoalto0649 wrote:
Bailarina08 wrote:

Law school only. They're called "The Tortfeasors". They sung at admitted students day....and one of their choices was Eleanor Rigsby (wtf!). Why they intentionally picked one of the most depressing songs on Earth to sing at an admitted students day is beyond me.

I was just looking at this on the website earleir in the week. I need to hear them first, but I would like to get involved with some kind of vocal group if I can make it work.

Bailarina08

Postby Bailarina08 » Wed May 19, 2010 9:13 am

chicoalto0649 wrote:
Bailarina08 wrote:

They probably picked it because the song is ridiculously easy to arrange for a capella and sounds pretty good no matter what. Super cliche though. I hope they have some other material!

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Wed May 19, 2010 9:32 am

badpixie wrote:

I was just looking at this on the website earleir in the week. I need to hear them first, but I would like to get involved with some kind of vocal group if I can make it work.

^ This (but ya, considering it)

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Wed May 19, 2010 10:02 am

nygrrrl wrote:
badpixie wrote:

nygrrrl, as long as this group doesn't interefere with our awesome law school rock band, you can participate. :mrgreen:

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Wed May 19, 2010 10:08 am

rockthelaw wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
badpixie wrote:

nygrrrl, as long as this group doesn't interefere with our awesome law school rock band, you can participate. :mrgreen:

Oh Sqvirrel! You know the band comes first!!!! :mrgreen:

GermX

Postby GermX » Wed May 19, 2010 12:44 pm

Don't be sad if you don't get in, this school isn't that great.

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Wed May 19, 2010 3:12 pm

GermX wrote:Don't be sad if you don't get in, this school isn't that great.

Please indulge us.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”