Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nygrrrl

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Thu May 13, 2010 12:29 pm

FORDHAMPSTERS in waiting.... I'm heading out of town for a few days.
No idea whether or not I'll have time to stop by, so have a GREAT weekend!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Thu May 13, 2010 12:30 pm

sibley wrote:It'd be worth a try. I mean if they cash your check then don't give you an idea they'll owe you the money back because it was to reserve a seat, which they didn't reserve you....

We ruled out attempting to seduce the entirety of the admissions committee, correct?

Edit - added quote for clarity.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu May 13, 2010 12:32 pm

even2flow wrote:We ruled out attempting to seduce the entirety of the admissions committee, correct?

If you really look like Ed Asner, then yes, lets rule it out.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Thu May 13, 2010 12:36 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:If you really look like Ed Asner, then yes, lets rule it out.

My old man once told me "Son, your dumb as a mule and twice as ugly. If a strange man offers you a ride, I say take it!"

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Thu May 13, 2010 3:06 pm

Anyone else think Iron man 2 wasn't quite as....fun as the original? Just a little underwhelmed but the teaser for Iron Man 3 made me giddy. I'm just a silly consumer!

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu May 13, 2010 3:15 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:Anyone else think Iron man 2 wasn't quite as....fun as the original? Just a little underwhelmed but the teaser for Iron Man 3 made me giddy. I'm just a silly consumer!

Haven't seen it, but it's on my list. The first one was so good, it's only natural that the second one would fall short.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Thu May 13, 2010 3:19 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
it's only natural that the second one would fall short.

Although typically the case, it's not always:

Batman Begins vs. The Dark Knight
Godfather vs Godfather II
Terminator vs. T2
A New Hope vs. Empire Strikes Back

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Thu May 13, 2010 3:21 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:Anyone else think Iron man 2 wasn't quite as....fun as the original? Just a little underwhelmed but the teaser for Iron Man 3 made me giddy. I'm just a silly consumer!

I enjoyed it. But I would enjoy 2 hours of Robert Downey Jr. standing in front of a white screen, so I'm probably not the best judge ;-) Although, yes, the first was a better story...and that was a teaser for Thor!

In an unrelated note, I just found the best DMV ever!!!

Cardboardbox

Postby Cardboardbox » Thu May 13, 2010 3:30 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:

I enjoyed it. But I would enjoy 2 hours of Robert Downey Jr. standing in front of a white screen, so I'm probably not the best judge ;-) Although, yes, the first was a better story...and that was a teaser for Thor!

In an unrelated note, I just found the best DMV ever!!!

Care to share? Is it in NY? I'm still tramautized from my experience when I was 17 lol but on the off chance I'd have to return it'd be good to know where >.>

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Thu May 13, 2010 3:34 pm

Cardboardbox wrote:
Care to share? Is it in NY? I'm still tramautized from my experience when I was 17 lol but on the off chance I'd have to return it'd be good to know where >.>

Yup, 11 Greenwich. I just realized today that my license expires in less than two weeks, so I ran down there from my office. It probably took 20 min, if that. When I switched my license over 5 years ago at 34th street, it probably took over an hour.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu May 13, 2010 3:37 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
Cardboardbox wrote:

Yup, 11 Greenwich. I just realized today that my license expires in less than two weeks, so I ran down there from my office. It probably took 20 min, if that. When I switched my license over 5 years ago at 34th street, it probably took over an hour.

Excited for Community tonight??? (is it new??)

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu May 13, 2010 3:37 pm

even2flow wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
it's only natural that the second one would fall short.

Although typically the case, it's not always:

Batman Begins vs. The Dark Knight
Godfather vs Godfather II
Terminator vs. T2
A New Hope vs. Empire Strikes Back

Dumb and Dumber vs Dumb and Dumberer trumps all those

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Thu May 13, 2010 3:38 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:
Cardboardbox wrote:

SO excited and, yes, its new tonight and next week is the season finale.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Thu May 13, 2010 3:39 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:
Cardboardbox wrote:

Yes sir. From TV Guide

Señor Chang is replaced as the Spanish teacher after the college finds out he doesn't have a teaching degree. Elsewhere, Troy discovers he has a knack for plumbing

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu May 13, 2010 3:45 pm

Troy discovers he has a knack for plumbing

I can only imagine where this will go...

greg11a

Postby greg11a » Fri May 14, 2010 9:00 am

LaurenGayle wrote:
Cardboardbox wrote:

That DMV is amazing, I went there at 830 once and was out within 5 minutes. Most other DMVs in NY have a huge line waiting to get in when they open.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Fri May 14, 2010 9:26 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
Troy discovers he has a knack for plumbing

I can only imagine where this will go...

They didn't run with it as much as I had hoped, but the rest was still awesome.

It's a keyboard you play like a guitar! Get with the times, Winger.

krj02004

Postby krj02004 » Fri May 14, 2010 10:09 am

For those of you WL.... how did you find out? I just happened to check my online status and it said I was waitlisted. It also says they mailed me a letter last Friday, but I never received it. Should I call the Admissions Office?

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Fri May 14, 2010 10:20 am

krj02004 wrote:For those of you WL.... how did you find out? I just happened to check my online status and it said I was waitlisted. It also says they mailed me a letter last Friday, but I never received it. Should I call the Admissions Office?

Yep, that's how we all found out. If they're still doing waitlists the same way now, you'll get a letter in the mail in about a week or two asking if you want to remain on the waitlist. If you applied FT, the letter will ask if you'd like to be considered for PT as well.

FWIW, I was WL on 12/7, status checker said my letter was mailed 12/21, and I received the actual letter on 12/23 or 12/24. It was an early Xmas gift.

Cardboardbox

Postby Cardboardbox » Fri May 14, 2010 11:48 am

rockthelaw wrote:
krj02004 wrote:For those of you WL.... how did you find out? I just happened to check my online status and it said I was waitlisted. It also says they mailed me a letter last Friday, but I never received it. Should I call the Admissions Office?

Yep, that's how we all found out. If they're still doing waitlists the same way now, you'll get a letter in the mail in about a week or two asking if you want to remain on the waitlist. If you applied FT, the letter will ask if you'd like to be considered for PT as well.

FWIW, I was WL on 12/7, status checker said my letter was mailed 12/21, and I received the actual letter on 12/23 or 12/24. It was an early Xmas gift.

Man and I thought I was waitlisted a long time (4 months since 3 days ago). I guess we're in it for the long (hopefully not too much longer :P) haul.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Fri May 14, 2010 12:07 pm

Oh look! I can post from my blackberry! I'm an addict! Ha ha ha. But anyway, just wanted to drop in and say that I was shocked to hear last week - Dean B was extremely clear about the fact that at this point they're waiting to see what happens after 2nd seat deposit (June 1st)... So hopefully that means you guys only have a couple of weeks left!!!

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Fri May 14, 2010 12:13 pm

*checks phone*

*cries softly*

At least it's Friday.

SAE

Postby SAE » Fri May 14, 2010 12:13 pm

nygrrrl wrote:So hopefully that means you guys only have a couple of weeks left!!!

.. and another deposit to pay. :mrgreen:

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Fri May 14, 2010 12:42 pm

SAE wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:So hopefully that means you guys only have a couple of weeks left!!!

.. and another deposit to pay. :mrgreen:

Yeah, second deposit at my other school is Jun. 1 as well. Lame.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Fri May 14, 2010 12:48 pm

even2flow wrote:*checks phone*

*cries softly*

At least it's Friday.

Hang on man - hang on. *bump knucks* you can cry to us.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”