Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
even2flow

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Wed May 12, 2010 4:21 pm

rockthelaw wrote:
Stellar wrote:I know Fordham is your true love, NY (and I think you've got a family and stuff?) ... -- but SERIOUSLY -- when are people on this forum gonna start hooking up?

(I'm looking at you E2F/Squirel person)...

This is hilarious, mostly because I'm fairly sure both e2f and I are hetero dudes, and we were talking about kicking each other in the nuts yesterday (not very loving behavior!).

Plus that assumption breaks the one rule of meeting people on the internet: everyone is a 40 yr old male. No matter what they tell you or how they act, they are 40 and male.

badpixie

Postby badpixie » Wed May 12, 2010 4:24 pm

even2flow wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:
Stellar wrote:I know Fordham is your true love, NY (and I think you've got a family and stuff?) ... -- but SERIOUSLY -- when are people on this forum gonna start hooking up?

This is hilarious, mostly because I'm fairly sure both e2f and I are hetero dudes, and we were talking about kicking each other in the nuts yesterday (not very loving behavior!).

Plus that assumption breaks the one rule of meeting people on the internet: everyone is a 40 yr old male. No matter what they tell you or how they act, they are 40 and male.

I always assumed that everyone you meet online (male or female) looks like Ed Asner until proven otherwise. (Maybe it's the age difference.)

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Wed May 12, 2010 4:27 pm

badpixie wrote:
even2flow wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:

I always assumed that everyone you meet online (male or female) looks like Ed Asner until proven otherwise. (Maybe it's the age difference.)

I assume everyone looks like their avatar. So, in your case, I assume you have wings, and you don't hide them from view.

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Wed May 12, 2010 5:04 pm

HEP-

Is NYGRRL an 8-9- or 10? I know its not lower than 8!

badpixie

Postby badpixie » Wed May 12, 2010 5:09 pm

rockthelaw wrote:
badpixie wrote:I always assumed that everyone you meet online (male or female) looks like Ed Asner until proven otherwise. (Maybe it's the age difference.)

I assume everyone looks like their avatar. So, in your case, I assume you have wings, and you don't hide them from view.

Just don't expect to see the fishnets in class. :wink:

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Wed May 12, 2010 5:16 pm

badpixie wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:
badpixie wrote:I always assumed that everyone you meet online (male or female) looks like Ed Asner until proven otherwise. (Maybe it's the age difference.)

Just don't expect to see the fishnets in class. :wink:

HAHA - I'll wear fishnets in class! And it's funny - I've met so many people from TLS (and that other splinter group, the TTC) and good GRIEF what an attractive, funny, intelligent group of people. Not an Asner in the mix.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Wed May 12, 2010 5:16 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:HEP-

Is NYGRRL an 8-9- or 10? I know its not lower than 8!

SO NOT FAIR!!!!! It's raining, here!!!!!!!
I looked like a drowned rat!
(but appreciates chico's flattery)
Last edited by nygrrrl on Thu May 13, 2010 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Wed May 12, 2010 5:34 pm

nygrrrl wrote:HAHA - I'll wear fishnets in class! And it's funny - I've met so many people from TLS (and that other splinter group, the TTC) and good GRIEF what an attractive, funny, intelligent group of people. Not an Asner in the mix.

Prepare to be remarkably disappointed if we meet. I am a spitting image of Ed Asner. Well, a healthy mix of Ed Asner and Rosanne Barr. I make up for it with my remarkable charm and wit, though.

Fwiw, I'll absolutely wear fishnets to class as well. You heard me right, ladies.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Wed May 12, 2010 5:38 pm

even2flow wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:HAHA - I'll wear fishnets in class! And it's funny - I've met so many people from TLS (and that other splinter group, the TTC) and good GRIEF what an attractive, funny, intelligent group of people. Not an Asner in the mix.

Prepare to be remarkably disappointed if we meet. I am a spitting image of Ed Asner. Well, a healthy mix of Ed Asner and Rosanne Barr. I make up for it with my remarkable charm and wit, though.

Fwiw, I'll absolutely wear fishnets to class as well. You heard me right, ladies.

AW YEAH!!!! It's you and me, E2F!!!! We ARE the Rascals!!!!!

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed May 12, 2010 9:30 pm

Yes it's true, NYGrrrl and I met when I paid my deposit today then we hit up the bookstore and loaded up on Fordham merch (Sweatshirt, t-shirt, and pint glass).

I don't want to ruin it for when the rest of you meet her, but if you think she has a great attitude and is super positive here, you ain't seen nothin' yet. She also probably has the coolest job EVER. Such a great first interaction with a fellow classmate.

Edit: It's also true that I'm both amazing and a catch.

Cardboardbox

Postby Cardboardbox » Wed May 12, 2010 11:29 pm

Aaah man you guys are lucky! The moment I get off the WL (after putting down the deposit XD) I think I'll run over and get myself a fordham hoodie and wear it right then and there, regardless of the weather!

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Thu May 13, 2010 7:32 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Such a great first interaction with a fellow classmate.

:mrgreen: Can't wait to meet everyone else.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu May 13, 2010 9:42 am

nygrrrl wrote:

And when I tried on my sweatshirt when I got home, the sleeves were long enough!

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Thu May 13, 2010 10:31 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:

And when I tried on my sweatshirt when I got home, the sleeves were long enough!

Yes!!!!! I've been wearing mine all morning... :)

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Thu May 13, 2010 10:38 am

nygrrrl wrote:Yes!!!!! I've been wearing mine all morning... :)

:lol: I bet that thing won't get washed throughout the summer and the fall semester, and as a result, nygrrrl will smell terrible

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Thu May 13, 2010 10:49 am

Don't forget about the food stains. That'll add to the picture.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Thu May 13, 2010 10:53 am

You can use them to mark memorable moments in law school.

This stain? That was when I was eating chicken nuggets in the library at 3 AM before my Con Law final. Mmmm, mustard.

Bonus points if people mistake you for homeless by semester's end. That's what I'm aiming for. Have people walk by me in the library and leave me some change on the table.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu May 13, 2010 10:59 am

even2flow wrote:You can use them to mark memorable moments in law school.

This stain? That was when I was eating chicken nuggets in the library at 3 AM before my Con Law final. Mmmm, mustard.

Bonus points if people mistake you for homeless by semester's end. That's what I'm aiming for. Have people walk by me in the library and leave me some change on the table.

At that point I would probably save my change and just call security to have you removed.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Thu May 13, 2010 11:03 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:At that point I would probably save my change and just call security to have you removed.

I'm gonna steal your hoodie.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu May 13, 2010 11:10 am

even2flow wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:At that point I would probably save my change and just call security to have you removed.

I'm gonna steal your hoodie.

You would.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Thu May 13, 2010 11:15 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:You would.

You're right. On the other hand, my threats are meaningless unless I actually get accepted. Once I'm in law school I can begin a life of petty crime.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu May 13, 2010 11:17 am

even2flow wrote:

You're right. On the other hand, my threats are meaningless unless I actually get accepted. Once I'm in law school I can begin a life of petty crime.

You should just send in your deposit right now. Maybe you can just skip the whole "waiting for a decision" process and catch them off guard. They'll assume they accepted you and just didn't update their records, and you'll be in.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Thu May 13, 2010 11:20 am

I could just show up to class the first day and when the prof takes attendance be like "uh yeah you never called my name?" make up a fake ID number. I'm really not seeing how this could fail.

Or, I could simply show up at the admissions front door in a tux with flowers and a deposit check?

Not roses though, that's too cliche, I'd go for the spring mix.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Thu May 13, 2010 11:33 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
even2flow wrote:

You should just send in your deposit right now. Maybe you can just skip the whole "waiting for a decision" process and catch them off guard. They'll assume they accepted you and just didn't update their records, and you'll be in.

This. Definitely THIS.

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu May 13, 2010 12:22 pm

boo jersey shore wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:This. Definitely THIS.

:?

It'd be worth a try. I mean if they cash your check then don't give you an idea they'll owe you the money back because it was to reserve a seat, which they didn't reserve you....

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”