Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu May 06, 2010 2:39 pm

Cardboardbox wrote:H.E.P. CONGRATS!! :D

I'm so glad that there is so much positive movement for the PTers in our awesome thread!!


Thanks CB!

greg11a
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:08 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby greg11a » Thu May 06, 2010 3:31 pm

jl2032 wrote:
greg11a wrote:I know that Fordham is very stingy with money. Do they give out any money at all for PT, or only for FT? The scholarship I received from St Js was for PT. Does anyone with an acceptance to Fordham PT out there have a merit scholly of any kind?



I got a $20k per year scholly for Fordham PT that I just gave up. I also received some need-based aid (which I really think was more merit aid dressed up as need because no other school gave me need-based aid).

FWIW, my experience is kind of unique in that I specifically applied for PT even though I had FT numbers (they said if I wanted to do FT, they'd make the scholly $25k per year plus the need-based).

Keep in mind it's also very late in the game, and I assume they are very low on grant money.


Understood, I am thinking in terms of retake/reapply next cycle. Knowing that they gave someone money makes a big difference, though I know its no guarantee I would get it.

User avatar
NU_Jet55
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby NU_Jet55 » Thu May 06, 2010 3:33 pm

Just got a call from Ms. Espiritu congratulating me on my acceptance...After I sent them an e-mail yesterday withdrawing my application...lol

Clive1
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:59 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Clive1 » Thu May 06, 2010 3:47 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen of the finest thread on TLS,

For many months now, I have wondered what the future would hold me. Would I be going to law school in the fall? Would it be at Fordham? Would I be retaking the LSAT and go through the agonizing application process again next year?

Well those questions have now been answered. In, PT. I can see no reason why I would not attend.

My fingers remain crossed for Rock, E2F, NyGrrrl, and the rest.

Thanks to all who have offered advice through the many ups and downs.



And I was just about to order the 10 latest prep tests....


wow! congrats!

(this may be a good sign for me.)

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby SAE » Thu May 06, 2010 4:03 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:Just got a call from Ms. Espiritu congratulating me on my acceptance...After I sent them an e-mail yesterday withdrawing my application...lol

Off wl? pt/ft?

User avatar
MrSoOoFLy
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:36 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby MrSoOoFLy » Thu May 06, 2010 4:42 pm

Congrats to my fellow PT classmates =]

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby keg411 » Thu May 06, 2010 4:47 pm

Congrats to everyone who go in :)

Expecting my rejection any day (165/2.8x, PT, late application). Since I'm not in this round of admission, I'm guessing I'm 100% out. If only I could've had a 3.2/3.3 or so my cycle would have been so much better :| .

krzyreeesh
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:48 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby krzyreeesh » Thu May 06, 2010 5:12 pm

keg411 wrote:Congrats to everyone who go in :)

Expecting my rejection any day (165/2.8x, PT, late application). Since I'm not in this round of admission, I'm guessing I'm 100% out. If only I could've had a 3.2/3.3 or so my cycle would have been so much better :| .


.
Last edited by krzyreeesh on Mon May 10, 2010 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
OperaSoprano
Posts: 4410
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby OperaSoprano » Thu May 06, 2010 5:14 pm

Congrats to the new admits! We who are about to take finals salute you!

To nygrrrl: all my <3

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby keg411 » Thu May 06, 2010 6:21 pm

krzyreeesh wrote:
keg411 wrote:Congrats to everyone who go in :)

Expecting my rejection any day (165/2.8x, PT, late application). Since I'm not in this round of admission, I'm guessing I'm 100% out. If only I could've had a 3.2/3.3 or so my cycle would have been so much better :| .


Same boat. 166/2.6, PT, late app. For better or worse, I'm still holding out hope. They've been making calls throughout the week. There's always tomorrow!


Just checked my status checker. I'm out. Not shocking at all. Fordham <3's GPA too much.

User avatar
MrSoOoFLy
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:36 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby MrSoOoFLy » Thu May 06, 2010 6:23 pm

keg411 wrote:
krzyreeesh wrote:
keg411 wrote:Congrats to everyone who go in :)

Expecting my rejection any day (165/2.8x, PT, late application). Since I'm not in this round of admission, I'm guessing I'm 100% out. If only I could've had a 3.2/3.3 or so my cycle would have been so much better :| .


Same boat. 166/2.6, PT, late app. For better or worse, I'm still holding out hope. They've been making calls throughout the week. There's always tomorrow!


Just checked my status checker. I'm out. Not shocking at all. Fordham <3's GPA too much.


aw im sorry :cry:

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby keg411 » Thu May 06, 2010 6:25 pm

MrSoOoFLy wrote:
keg411 wrote:
krzyreeesh wrote:
keg411 wrote:Congrats to everyone who go in :)

Expecting my rejection any day (165/2.8x, PT, late application). Since I'm not in this round of admission, I'm guessing I'm 100% out. If only I could've had a 3.2/3.3 or so my cycle would have been so much better :| .


Same boat. 166/2.6, PT, late app. For better or worse, I'm still holding out hope. They've been making calls throughout the week. There's always tomorrow!


Just checked my status checker. I'm out. Not shocking at all. Fordham <3's GPA too much.


aw im sorry :cry:


It's okay. I can't afford Fordham anyway (right now I'll be paying under 70k max for law school), so it's for the best :D.

User avatar
NU_Jet55
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby NU_Jet55 » Thu May 06, 2010 6:29 pm

SAE wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:Just got a call from Ms. Espiritu congratulating me on my acceptance...After I sent them an e-mail yesterday withdrawing my application...lol

Off wl? pt/ft?


I was never Waitlisted. This was the first I'd heard from them since the complete e-mail. Also, I applied Full Time.

User avatar
MrSoOoFLy
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:36 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby MrSoOoFLy » Thu May 06, 2010 6:29 pm

keg411 wrote:It's okay. I can't afford Fordham anyway (right now I'll be paying under 70k max for law school), so it's for the best :D.


I'm sure you'll succeed wherever you go =]

vlad13
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 6:19 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby vlad13 » Thu May 06, 2010 6:34 pm

Any info on Fordham's waitlist? I just checked the status checker and it says waitlist as of yesterday, although I havent received an email or anything else yet. I know not to get my hopes up for wl's but this is the third school that's done it, the only positive thing is I havent been rejected yet. Thanks for any help you can give me.

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Thu May 06, 2010 7:25 pm

keg411 wrote:[

Just checked my status checker. I'm out. Not shocking at all. Fordham <3's GPA too much.

Oh keg - I'm sorry. This makes me very sad.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby keg411 » Thu May 06, 2010 7:30 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
keg411 wrote:[

Just checked my status checker. I'm out. Not shocking at all. Fordham <3's GPA too much.

Oh keg - I'm sorry. This makes me very sad.


Awww... thanks nyygrrrl :). Best of luck to you!!!

User avatar
badpixie
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby badpixie » Thu May 06, 2010 8:05 pm

keg411 wrote:Just checked my status checker. I'm out. Not shocking at all. Fordham <3's GPA too much.


Aw, keg, I'm sorry. :(

worldpiece17
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:08 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby worldpiece17 » Fri May 07, 2010 2:53 am

Hey everyone- I got in off Northwestern's 'hold' last week and just withdrew from Fordham today. Hope this helps someone here! I'll be jealous of y'all in NYC, just couldn't turn down T14 (and cheaper COL).

User avatar
Cardboardbox
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:00 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Cardboardbox » Fri May 07, 2010 12:03 pm

So quiet here today...happy Friday everyone, hope we hear some more good news today, from the looks of it maybe more PT love?

4 hours left at work....actually 3 hours and 57 minutes. So this is what Chris Rock meant when he explained the difference between a job and a career.

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Fri May 07, 2010 12:05 pm

E2F, you see Community last night? It was EPIC

User avatar
LaurenGayle
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:35 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby LaurenGayle » Fri May 07, 2010 12:52 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:E2F, you see Community last night? It was EPIC


OMG it was amazing. That show gets better and better.

and the beast
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:30 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby and the beast » Fri May 07, 2010 12:56 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:E2F, you see Community last night? It was EPIC


OMG it was amazing. That show gets better and better.



this was the best http://i41.tinypic.com/35nbwoh.gif

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Fri May 07, 2010 1:01 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:E2F, you see Community last night? It was EPIC


OMG it was amazing. That show gets better and better.


Definitely the best one yet. Ken Jeong is unreal.

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Fri May 07, 2010 1:12 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:E2F, you see Community last night? It was EPIC


OMG it was amazing. That show gets better and better.


Definitely the best one yet. Ken Jeong is unreal.

I have got to start watching this show.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”