Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nygrrrl

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Sat May 01, 2010 7:27 am

jl2032 wrote:CLS just gave me some cash, so Fordham spot will soon open up...

PT spot by the way.

Wow - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That's fantastic. Happy May! :mrgreen:

sibley

Postby sibley » Sat May 01, 2010 8:29 am

PT spot by the way.

awesome =) that'll be totally worth it, even if it's just a tiny amount of $. you'll be able to move across the country if you every want to =)

Cardboardbox

Postby Cardboardbox » Sat May 01, 2010 10:54 pm

Hmm, I'm hoping some FT spots are opening up too and the list is getting looked at. Looking over applicants for FT Fordham on LSN I'm excited to see a few withdraws in the last couple of days, hope that opens up some space for those of us waiting =D

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Sun May 02, 2010 9:19 am

PT spot by the way.

YAY! that's so great. no regrets about choosing CLS now! good luck!

Columbia Law

Postby Columbia Law » Mon May 03, 2010 2:18 pm

m
Last edited by Columbia Law on Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SAE

Postby SAE » Mon May 03, 2010 2:21 pm

Columbia Law wrote:Brother off of the waiting list: 164/3.9. Hope for all!

PT/FT?

Columbia Law

Postby Columbia Law » Mon May 03, 2010 2:24 pm

pt sorry.

SAE

Postby SAE » Mon May 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Seems like most ot the wl activity has been for pt. Any idea why? Is the bulk of ft activity expected to come later?

adav

Postby adav » Mon May 03, 2010 3:18 pm

l
Last edited by adav on Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon May 03, 2010 3:29 pm

adav wrote:
SAE wrote:Seems like most ot the wl activity has been for pt. Any idea why? Is the bulk of ft activity expected to come later?

I called the admissions office and they said for full time they probably won't be looking at the waitlist till after the second deposit is due (which I think is the end of May/beginning of June)

Thanks, adav. The second seat deposit is due June 1st.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Tue May 04, 2010 9:26 am

Contemplating quitting my job to race bikes for an amateur pro team for a year if law school doesn't work out this fall. This isn't speculation, the offer is legit on the table.

Pros:
-Free bike
-Free bike clothes
-$30k/yr
-36 hr work week

Cons:
-Move back home, and I'll be 25, and I sometimes hate where I'm from. But at least I don't have to pay for rent or food. But I'd be living at home.
-I'd have to work in the shop that sponsors the team (actually this isn't really a con, I loved working in the shop, it's just that I'd hafta work)
-??

In my future application for next Fall, will adcomms see that I quit my job that was at least in the same atmosphere as what I want to do with law to race bikes and work in a shop and go 'srsly?' I'd also use that time to take that wonderful LSAT again.

Is this a terrible idea cause I'm just feeling really sorry for myself today and should just get back to work?

Edit for grammar fail and clarity.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue May 04, 2010 9:49 am

even2flow wrote:Contemplating quitting my job to race bikes for an amateur pro team for a year if law school doesn't work out this fall. This isn't speculation, the offer is legit on the table.

Pros:
-Free bike
-Free bike clothes
-$30k/yr
-36 hr work week

Cons:
-Move back home, and I'll be 25, and I sometimes hate where I'm from. But at least I don't have to pay for rent or food. But I'd be living at home.
-I'd have to work in the shop that sponsors the team (actually this isn't really a con, I loved working in the shop, it's just that I'd hafta work)
-??

In my future application for next Fall, will adcomms see that I quit my job that was at least in the same atmosphere as what I want to do with law to race bikes and work in a shop and go 'srsly?' I'd also use that time to take that wonderful LSAT again.

Is this a terrible idea cause I'm just feeling really sorry for myself today and should just get back to work?

Edit for grammar fail and clarity.

Without hesitation, I would DO THIS. You're 25 - you're young. Do all of the fun, crazy stuff now - TRUST ME.
I'll bet it will only make you more intriguing to ad comms (who may well be envious of the fact that you got to do it!) DO IT.

(edit: and then I will come and buy a new ride from you, because I really need one. ha ha. But I'm serious - now is the time to do these things - I have done some insane stuff over the years and it's never brought up in a negative context, in interviews- only in a, "HOW did you get to DO that?" kind of a way.)

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Tue May 04, 2010 10:35 am

My only concern is the conversation I get to have with the old man when I go "Guess who's moving back in?" and I will be able to visibly see all of his hopes and dreams of 'his oldest son being a success ajd carrying on the family name' die in his eyes. My ma will be thrilled tho.

Oddly enough, this is the third time that this guy has made this offer to me (he's an old boss that I've known for almost a decade now). After college he offered, but people were like "Go do school stuff, bike racing will be here." and now I'm in the "go race, school stuff will be here" mind frame. Immediately outta grad school he offered again, and now that I'm miserable at my job and making another transition the offer is back on the table. I wonder if this is a sign.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue May 04, 2010 11:57 am

E2F, not to be a total harbinger of gloom & doom but... How many more years do you really have to DO the bike racing? Seriously - this IS time sensitive. And won't it help when your dad sees you studying for the LSAT (possibly with the help of your NY study buddy!)? Do you have the kind of relationship with them where you can sit down and discuss it with them rationally?

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Tue May 04, 2010 12:57 pm

Hah, yeah the old man is willing to listen, although he can be stubborn. Plus I know how to talk (read: manipulate) my parents into getting whatever I need, I've been doing it for as long as I can remember.

Thankfully the thing about bike racing is that it's kind of an old man's sport, Lance, for example, is gonna be like 38 this year. Granted that's pushing it, I WOULD like to do it sooner rather than later, since I've always kinda pushed it off (because of school/work), and making sweet trips to Europe to ride the mountains would be a bit more difficult with a fam or full on career.

I'm heading home this weekend, so I'll talk to the old man then. Part of me wants to be responsible and proactive and bring my LSAT stuff with me, you know, just in case, but: :lol:

Cardboardbox

Postby Cardboardbox » Tue May 04, 2010 1:24 pm

e2f!! Def. do the biking thing man! I agree with nyg, that seems like an amazing opportunity that you may never have again. Law School will still be there, and best case scenario you might get a kickass LSAT score and get into Fordham or anywhere else you might wanna go with a scholarship to boot and be doing something you love!

MrSoOoFLy

Postby MrSoOoFLy » Tue May 04, 2010 2:22 pm

Just got my admissions call to the PT program =]

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Tue May 04, 2010 2:25 pm

MrSoOoFLy wrote:Just got my admissions call to the PT program =]

:D Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SAE

Postby SAE » Tue May 04, 2010 4:20 pm

Congrats to new admits!

Quick question: does your status checker change when you get in off the wl? I'm having phone problems.

MrSoOoFLy

Postby MrSoOoFLy » Tue May 04, 2010 4:24 pm

SAE wrote:Congrats to new admits!

Quick question: does your status checker change when you get in off the wl? I'm having phone problems.

lol my status checker still says complete

krzyreeesh

Postby krzyreeesh » Tue May 04, 2010 4:37 pm

PT applicant here as well. Any other PT applicants here still waiting for an initial decision? I'm still at 'Your application is complete' with a status date of 3/8. I'm getting really nervous with all the recent PT WL admits.

Oops, forgot to add, a heartfelt congratulations to all the recent admits!!!
Last edited by krzyreeesh on Tue May 04, 2010 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Tue May 04, 2010 4:41 pm

MrSoOoFLy wrote:Just got my admissions call to the PT program =]

Congrats, SoOoFly! Better than outlining for torts. :mrgreen:

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Wed May 05, 2010 11:16 am

Congrats to the new admits.

Any other good news?

Corinne

Postby Corinne » Wed May 05, 2010 11:56 am

I've been checking the status checker all day- Just updated. I got waitlisted as of 5/2.
Last edited by Corinne on Wed May 05, 2010 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

newyorklaw23

Postby newyorklaw23 » Wed May 05, 2010 11:57 am

chicoalto0649 wrote:Are there any good watering holes around fordham?

5 minutes south and west of campus along 9th avenue between 42nd street and 55th street there are tons of bars and restaurants. Avoid times square at all costs, it's also nearby.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”