Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Mattalones

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Mattalones » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:05 pm

even2flow wrote:Honestly, it's not a party unless the cops show up. But I'd prefer not to be dead. I have 'dreams' and 'aspirations' and--who am I kidding. No I don't. I gave up on my dreams, this party sounds like a great idea.

I like your style ... I like your moves! :lol:

Corinne

Postby Corinne » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:11 pm

even2flow wrote:Honestly, it's not a party unless the cops show up. But I'd prefer not to be dead. I have 'dreams' and 'aspirations' and--who am I kidding. No I don't. I gave up on my dreams, this party sounds like a great idea.

No worries, I won't take you down to the Hackensack River or anything..

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:13 pm

Corinne wrote:No worries, I won't take you down to the Hackensack River or anything..

I shoulda known when a girl started talking to me on the internet she was actually Tony Soprano.

Corinne

Postby Corinne » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:18 pm

even2flow wrote:
Corinne wrote:No worries, I won't take you down to the Hackensack River or anything..

I shoulda known when a girl started talking to me on the internet she was actually Tony Soprano.

Really, I much prefer Antonia. Only members of my "family" are allowed to call me Toni.

...jk.

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:21 pm

the website changed?

SAE

Postby SAE » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:23 am

sibley wrote:the website changed?

indeed. I wonder if it did only cosmetically.

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:29 am

SAE wrote:
sibley wrote:the website changed?

indeed. I wonder if it did only cosmetically.

I think so... originally it was just the first page.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:51 am

Morning all. I bought the HTC incredible last night and I'm loving every minute of it.

Cardboardbox

Postby Cardboardbox » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:20 am

even2flow wrote:Morning all. I bought the HTC incredible last night and I'm loving every minute of it.

Sweeeeet, how do you like it? Have you ever played around with an iPhone and if so how do you think it comapres? I actually got an iPhone like 2 weeks ago and love it but after I got it everyone and there mother was saying how it's not as good as the droids, pfft. I do wish I had waited till the newest iPhone came out but due to misinformation I thought it'd only be available to verizon :(

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:26 am

Cardboardbox wrote:
even2flow wrote:Morning all. I bought the HTC incredible last night and I'm loving every minute of it.

Sweeeeet, how do you like it? Have you ever played around with an iPhone and if so how do you think it comapres? I actually got an iPhone like 2 weeks ago and love it but after I got it everyone and there mother was saying how it's not as good as the droids, pfft. I do wish I had waited till the newest iPhone came out but due to misinformation I thought it'd only be available to verizon :(

I have a bunch of friends who have iPhones and I have an itouch, so I'm pretty familiar with it. It's pretty much identical. I read online its way faster than the iPhone tho, which is nice. I was a bit worried there'd be no apps for it, but I've been scrolling through all morning and there are stupid amounts of them (like beyond anything I'd ever think to download). The battery seems to be fading fast, but I just realized that it had been scanning for a WiFi network at work (I just turned that off), and I've also been online with it pretty much all day, so I'm guessing that's why, but I did read that iPhone's battery was a lot stronger. But the screen is SUPER clear, everything is in high res, which is awesome.

It's got an 8 MP camera on it, which pretty much makes the camera I just bought useless, and it synced up to my facebook account and downloaded ALL of the numbers people had in their profiles. I turned that feature off once I realized that I didn't want to be accidentally calling people from highschool or middle school that I haven't spoken to since we were in school together.

It's synced up to my gmail/google acct, so it downloaded my entire calendar and contacts, and I now have the ability to post on TLS while sitting in traffic on my way home every day.

Win.

Corinne

Postby Corinne » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:32 am

even2flow wrote:
Cardboardbox wrote:

I have a bunch of friends who have iPhones and I have an itouch, so I'm pretty familiar with it. It's pretty much identical. I read online its way faster than the iPhone tho, which is nice. I was a bit worried there'd be no apps for it, but I've been scrolling through all morning and there are stupid amounts of them (like beyond anything I'd ever think to download). The battery seems to be fading fast, but I just realized that it had been scanning for a WiFi network at work (I just turned that off), and I've also been online with it pretty much all day, so I'm guessing that's why, but I did read that iPhone's battery was a lot stronger. But the screen is SUPER clear, everything is in high res, which is awesome.

It's got an 8 MP camera on it, which pretty much makes the camera I just bought useless, and it synced up to my facebook account and downloaded ALL of the numbers people had in their profiles. I turned that feature off once I realized that I didn't want to be accidentally calling people from highschool or middle school that I haven't spoken to since we were in school together.

It's synced up to my gmail/google acct, so it downloaded my entire calendar and contacts, and I now have the ability to post on TLS while sitting in traffic on my way home every day.

Win.

I've had the HTC Eris since November, and it's fantastic! The only thing I dislike is the battery life, but it is definitely the best phone I've ever had. It sounds like the Incredible is even better so when upgrade time comes around perhaps I'll go for that.

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:34 am

I love how conversations about cell phones never actually focus on the phone function, aside from the "invade Facebook and download numbers" aspects.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:35 am

even2flow wrote: [blahblahamazingnessofphoneincurringenvyfromall]
Win.

Wow. I was going to get the Droid. Rethinking....

Cardboardbox

Postby Cardboardbox » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:39 am

rockthelaw wrote:I love how conversations about cell phones never actually focus on the phone function, aside from the "invade Facebook and download numbers" aspects.

Haha yea! I see my phone more as a mobile gaming system with the added benefits of having useful applications and a phone feature for kicks XD (which is probably why I invested the $13 into the iPhone specific RPG by Square Enix (Chaos Rings, it's amazing if you're a RPG/SE/Final Fantasy nerd like me))

Cardboardbox

Postby Cardboardbox » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:41 am

and e2f that sounds really cool, especially the camera feature, that's something I really wanted in a phone, I like that the 3Gs has a focus feature which makes for great shots that don't come out blurry but I'd kill to have an 8 megapixel in my phone

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:35 pm

rockthelaw wrote:I love how conversations about cell phones never actually focus on the phone function, aside from the "invade Facebook and download numbers" aspects.

I'm sorry what do you use your phone for aside from that? :mrgreen:

Also, did you miss this:
even2flow wrote:I now have the ability to post on TLS while sitting in traffic on my way home every day.

Priorities ftw.

nyg, you can get the droid for $50 now if you renew your plan. If you're looking to get a ton of apps, you may wanna get the incredible tho, since the droid's OS is now outdated (2.0.1 vs. 2.1) and I don't think they're upgrading, on the other hand the incredible doesn't have a hard keyboard, so it really depends on what you like and what you wanna use it for.

Cardboardbox wrote:iPhone specific RPG by Square Enix (Chaos Rings, it's amazing if you're a RPG/SE/Final Fantasy nerd like me))

1. Is it any good?
2. Can I get away with playing it at work?

Cardboardbox

Postby Cardboardbox » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:52 pm

Cardboardbox wrote:iPhone specific RPG by Square Enix (Chaos Rings, it's amazing if you're a RPG/SE/Final Fantasy nerd like me))

1. Is it any good?
2. Can I get away with playing it at work?[/quote]

1. Yes, it's amazing. I'm wondering at it's length since it's only about 250 something megs big but I guess I shouldn't complain for a game on a phone lol. But graphics wise it's kind of like FF7 and all the characters have portraits (that change with Emotions too :P) when they talk. As always with SE games, the music is really good and the environments are detailed. Difficulty wise the game has been a breeze so far though because of the elemental system (basically rock/paper/scissors). I like having some challenge so this has been kind of dissappointing. They also have a neat strategy system where you can attack as a pair or solo and also you learn new techniques by equipping "genes". Oh, there are also two sets of characters you can play so two story lines which is neat as well. So far I'm still on my first and I've played a total of over 4 hours so we'll see.

2. Yea probably. If you can wear headphones I would to take advantage of the music in the game. You can also save at any point in time so that makes things alot simpler as well.

Are you able to get alot of the same apps that are on the iPhone on the HTC? If you can then I'd def. suggest getting Angry Birds, I've devoted mass hours of my life (while commuting :P) to that game, so addicting, so fun.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:57 pm

No angry birds :( but I'll check it out on my iTouch tonight or tomorrow, along with this other FF-type game.

FF7 is my favorite game ever. I think I played that through like 4 times, start to finish (devoting hundreds, upon hundreds of hours to that game). I beat all the Elements, got each character to like max health and everything.

This is also why I didn't have my fist girlfriend til I was like...what, 17? I was a late bloomer.

Cardboardbox

Postby Cardboardbox » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:03 pm

even2flow wrote:No angry birds :( but I'll check it out on my iTouch tonight or tomorrow, along with this other FF-type game.

FF7 is my favorite game ever. I think I played that through like 4 times, start to finish (devoting hundreds, upon hundreds of hours to that game). I beat all the Elements, got each character to like max health and everything.

This is also why I didn't have my fist girlfriend til I was like...what, 17? I was a late bloomer.

Lol, you should have gone to an all boys religious private school like me for 14 years prior to college, I didn't have my first gf till I was 21 (and yes I realize my attempt to one-up you is about something I shouldn't be proud of at all haha)

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:16 pm

Cardboardbox wrote:
Lol, you should have gone to an all boys religious private school like me for 14 years prior to college, I didn't have my first gf till I was 21 (and yes I realize my attempt to one-up you is about something I shouldn't be proud of at all haha)

Oh, I did go to an all boys religious high school. It nurtured all my negative attitudes and beliefs and is pretty much the reason I am the awful person I am today. Actually college helped a lot with that too, so I guess I can't pin it entirely on being surrounded by dudes all day.

Best part of the day was when the girls from the college would walk by, cause a bunch of them interned at the school. In retrospect I feel so bad for those girls, back then, I thought it was aaaaaaaaawesome.

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:58 pm

Are there any good watering holes around fordham?

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:01 pm

even2flow wrote:
Cardboardbox wrote:

Oh, I did go to an all boys religious high school. It nurtured all my negative attitudes and beliefs and is pretty much the reason I am the awful person I am today. Actually college helped a lot with that too, so I guess I can't pin it entirely on being surrounded by dudes all day.

Best part of the day was when the girls from the college would walk by, cause a bunch of them interned at the school. In retrospect I feel so bad for those girls, back then, I thought it was aaaaaaaaawesome.

Ha, I went to an all boys Jesuit high school. One thing I remember clearly was the complete lack of respect most guys had for the female teachers, and each other.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:17 pm

rockthelaw wrote:Ha, I went to an all boys Jesuit high school. One thing I remember clearly was the complete lack of respect most guys had for the female teachers, and each other.

Hahah my high school was Jesuit too. I remember we had an English teacher and in her class someone would randomly yell out 'rollercoaster!' and everyone would throw their hands up and scream. She was beyond caring for a very long time. The best was the young fresh out of college teachers. We were always super nice to them, and then at lunch would scheme over ways we would try to convince them to sleep with us. Obviously it never, ever worked.

jl2032

Postby jl2032 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:24 pm

CLS just gave me some cash, so Fordham spot will soon open up...

PT spot by the way.

Columbia Law

Postby Columbia Law » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:57 pm

A friend of my brother just in off of the waitlist PT. 166/3.7.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”