Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Cardboardbox

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Cardboardbox » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:14 pm

and the beast wrote:
x3sarah wrote:Hi guys,

I went to the admissions office today and spoke to Kristina Haff, the Assistant Director of Admissions. She said that as of right now, there will be minimal, if any movement on the waitlist. The waitlist may start moving in late May/early June, since June 1st is the deadline for the secondary deposits. Just letting you guys know.

:(

+1 I would super sad face if I could. Here I was getting excited. I'm apartment hunting and everytime I find something close to Lincon Center and affordable I get uber excited. I want to make this dream a reality, get off the WL and get a place nearby! Ah well, we've been waiting long as it is, I guess what could another month hurt?

and the beast

Postby and the beast » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:25 pm

Cardboardbox wrote:
and the beast wrote:

I went to the admissions office today and spoke to Kristina Haff, the Assistant Director of Admissions. She said that as of right now, there will be minimal, if any movement on the waitlist. The waitlist may start moving in late May/early June, since June 1st is the deadline for the secondary deposits. Just letting you guys know.

+1 I would super sad face if I could. Here I was getting excited. I'm apartment hunting and everytime I find something close to Lincon Center and affordable I get uber excited. I want to make this dream a reality, get off the WL and get a place nearby! Ah well, we've been waiting long as it is, I guess what could another month hurt?

haha yeah. it's confusing though because there already HAS been waitlist movement, so why are they saying that there will only be minimal? Does that mean from now on? blah. where are you going to go if not admitted off the WL?

nymario

Postby nymario » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:29 pm

Also, I received an email from DB yesterday (in response to a LOCI) saying:

I will try to speed this up with the committee

It certainly gave me hope that more would be happening sooner rather than later.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:30 pm

and the beast wrote:
Cardboardbox wrote:
and the beast wrote:

haha yeah. it's confusing though because there already HAS been waitlist movement, so why are they saying that there will only be minimal? Does that mean from now on? blah. where are you going to go if not admitted off the WL?

Honestly? I'd take any admissions information posted here with a grain of salt. Seems as if different people get different answers... don't let it get you down!!!

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:39 pm

nygrrrl wrote:don't let it get you down!!!

Seriously kids.

I already have nightmares where I call my current job 'my career' and I wake up screaming in a cold sweat. Think happy thoughts.

Cardboardbox

Postby Cardboardbox » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:44 pm

and the beast wrote:
Cardboardbox wrote:
and the beast wrote:

It'll be Dozo for me, with a handsome scholarship. I'm very happy with it as a fall back, but my heart is set on Fordham.

Corinne

Postby Corinne » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:44 pm

I wonder if they can see how many times a day you check the status checker. If they can, they probably think I'm insane. Maybe they'll see how much my mental health is relying on some sort of communication. :D

Cardboardbox

Postby Cardboardbox » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:46 pm

even2flow wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:don't let it get you down!!!

Seriously kids.

I already have nightmares where I call my current job 'my career' and I wake up screaming in a cold sweat. Think happy thoughts.

Lol. Sitting at work mind-numbingly transfering information from paper into a spreadsheet is helping me keep my mind off things :P

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:53 pm

nygrrrl wrote:Honestly? I'd take any admissions information posted here with a grain of salt. Seems as if different people get different answers... don't let it get you down!!!

Yeah, for real. I'm convinced that adcomms at every school only know so much of their school's respective admissions picture, and instead of saying this to applicants, they only speak to their own incomplete knowledge.

Not worrying yet, just tired of waiting. I understand the process, but it's been 199 days since I submitted my app and yes, even though I'm on the waitlist, 200 days of waiting for a final answer is ridiculous. God, I hope this doesn't happen when I (in the distant but ever-approaching future) propose to my girlfriend.

"Will you marry me?"
"Well, Rock, you certainly are qualified to marry me, and your statements are strong and bold, however there are several other candidates I'm considering who have slightly better qualifications. If they decide to deposit only on the banquet hall but not the catering, then I'll call you back and we'll chat."

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:59 pm

rockthelaw wrote:Not worrying yet, just tired of waiting. I understand the process, but it's been 199 days since I submitted my app and yes, even though I'm on the waitlist, 200 days of waiting for a final answer is ridiculous. God, I hope this doesn't happen when I (in the distant but ever-approaching future) propose to my girlfriend.

"Will you marry me?"
"Well, Rock, you certainly are qualified to marry me, and your statements are strong and bold, however there are several other candidates I'm considering who have slightly better qualifications. If they decide to deposit only on the banquet hall but not the catering, then I'll call you back and we'll chat."

HOLY COW, Sqvirrel! I didn't realize it had been that long, for you. I'm only at 164 - I'm a PIKER!!!

and the beast

Postby and the beast » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:04 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:Not worrying yet, just tired of waiting. I understand the process, but it's been 199 days since I submitted my app and yes, even though I'm on the waitlist, 200 days of waiting for a final answer is ridiculous. God, I hope this doesn't happen when I (in the distant but ever-approaching future) propose to my girlfriend.

"Will you marry me?"

HOLY COW, Sqvirrel! I didn't realize it had been that long, for you. I'm only at 164 - I'm a PIKER!!!

haha. i'm at 181. this is the worst.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:04 pm

Well, rock, it's better than my current dating situation, where girls at the bar just hand me a pre-typed letter that simply says:

'Dear Applicant,

rofl.

I hope this doesn't discourage your future endeavors in mating.

Regards'

The annoying part is that they don't even sign it.

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:11 pm

even2flow wrote:Well, rock, it's better than my current dating situation, where girls at the bar just hand me a pre-typed letter that simply says:

'Dear Applicant,

rofl.

I hope this doesn't discourage your future endeavors in mating.

Regards'

The annoying part is that they don't even sign it.

Is it on basic white stock printer paper, or scented pink paper?

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:21 pm

Basic white, I'm assuming all girls everywhere hand these things out in mass quantities. One even had the Kinko's receipt stapled to it still.

Corinne

Postby Corinne » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:24 pm

even2flow wrote:Basic white, I'm assuming all girls everywhere hand these things out in mass quantities. One even had the Kinko's receipt stapled to it still.

I have them printed up on business cards. They're cheap in bulk.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:30 pm

Corinne wrote:
even2flow wrote:Basic white, I'm assuming all girls everywhere hand these things out in mass quantities. One even had the Kinko's receipt stapled to it still.

I've heard you can get them for free online, you just have to pay for shipping.

That being said...wanna hang out?

Corinne

Postby Corinne » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:42 pm

even2flow wrote:
Corinne wrote:

Wow, thanks for the tip! I thought we already had plans to hang out in the good part of NJ on your birthday? :D

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:52 pm

Corinne wrote:
even2flow wrote:
Corinne wrote:

Wow, thanks for the tip! I thought we already had plans to hang out in the good part of NJ on your birthday? :D

If I show up and you just hand me a business card that has 'rofl' written on it, I'm going to be very dissapointed. Also, since it's my bday, you're buying, right?

Corinne

Postby Corinne » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:57 pm

even2flow wrote:If I show up and you just hand me a business card that has 'rofl' written on it, I'm going to be very dissapointed. Also, since it's my bday, you're buying, right?

Blast, you foiled my plans! Where's your sense of humor? Sure, I'm buying, but then we're going to the bar of my choice.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:58 pm

If 'bar' ends up being a rag soaked with chloroform and I wake up in an alley in the 'good' part of Jerz with my wallet missing, I'm going to be dissapointed.

Corinne

Postby Corinne » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:01 pm

:( I was under the impression you wanted the full Jersey experience...

Oh well, I guess we'll just have to go to the one I work at. I don't like the place, but I don't pay there either! Who else is coming to this birthday party?

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:10 pm

Corinne wrote::( I was under the impression you wanted the full Jersey experience...

Oh well, I guess we'll just have to go to the one I work at. I don't like the place, but I don't pay there either! Who else is coming to this birthday party?

My guess is eventually the police...
Last edited by H. E. Pennypacker on Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:11 pm

and the beast wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:

"Will you marry me?"

haha. i'm at 181. this is the worst.

everyone who is still waiting should make a paper chain with their amount of days. then you can all connect them together and use it to cover the admissions office. someone should tell them what it means, though. otherwise the point is lost.

Corinne

Postby Corinne » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:24 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
Corinne wrote::( I was under the impression you wanted the full Jersey experience...

My guess is eventually the police...

Hahaha well played.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:59 pm

sibley wrote:TP the admissions office.

Got it.

Corinne wrote:Hahaha well played.

Honestly, it's not a party unless the cops show up. But I'd prefer not to be dead. I have 'dreams' and 'aspirations' and--who am I kidding. No I don't. I gave up on my dreams, this party sounds like a great idea.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”