Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
starsong

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby starsong » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:29 pm

sibley wrote:btw, sorry hannah =(

+1. nax had a similar experience. No worries, though, Fordham is one hell of a school. It's going to be a great year. G'luck to everyone on the WL!

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:46 pm

i'm not sure if it hurt me, obviously. i just think it might have annoyed them. i really shouldn't have send TWO letters before getting a decision. i didn't have many meaningful updates.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:49 pm

hannah87 wrote:i'm not sure if it hurt me, obviously. i just think it might have annoyed them. i really shouldn't have send TWO letters before getting a decision. i didn't have many meaningful updates.

I suppose it's possible. I would hope they wouldn't do that to someone, as long as they were within reason.

And like Sibley, sorry to hear it.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:56 pm

I have a feeling the admissions process simply resembles this:

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:05 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
hannah87 wrote:i'm not sure if it hurt me, obviously. i just think it might have annoyed them. i really shouldn't have send TWO letters before getting a decision. i didn't have many meaningful updates.

I suppose it's possible. I would hope they wouldn't do that to someone, as long as they were within reason.

Any number of things could have happened. It's best not to speculate. Sorry about the reject, no matter what the case.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:27 pm

rockthelaw wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

Any number of things could have happened. It's best not to speculate. Sorry about the reject, no matter what the case.

thanks, guys :D . excited to go to fordham, in any case!

Columbia Law

Postby Columbia Law » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:12 pm

Congrats GOOSE...how did you hear?

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:33 pm

Dudes, it really is getting harder to wait!

eightdaysaweek

Postby eightdaysaweek » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:28 pm

been lurking on this board for a while... Accepted today FT via phone call just as i was about to lose hope.... dont give up everyone

badpixie

Postby badpixie » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:30 pm

eightdaysaweek wrote:been lurking on this board for a while... Accepted today FT via phone call just as i was about to lose hope.... dont give up everyone

Congratulations!! Do you mind sharing your stats and when you applied/went complete?

eightdaysaweek

Postby eightdaysaweek » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:58 pm

170, 3.4 from BC undergrad.... 2 years work experience and went complete on 2/22

musicfor18

Postby musicfor18 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:04 am

eightdaysaweek wrote:been lurking on this board for a while... Accepted today FT via phone call just as i was about to lose hope.... dont give up everyone

Same here. Accepted by phone call today. Complete 2/22.

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:05 am

Congrats to the new admits!

musicfor18

Postby musicfor18 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:08 am

Thanks! There was no mention of scholarship, though. The lady on the phone (who was very nice, by the way) said I'd get an email with more details, so I didn't bother asking her. The email didn't mention scholarship, though. Should I assume I didn't get any?

tesoro

Postby tesoro » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:17 am

musicfor18 wrote:Thanks! There was no mention of scholarship, though. The lady on the phone (who was very nice, by the way) said I'd get an email with more details, so I didn't bother asking her. The email didn't mention scholarship, though. Should I assume I didn't get any?

congrats! It's a safe assumption that you didn't get a scholarship. But if you're confused, don't be shy to address this directly with them - they're pretty forthright about whether or not you got one so there's no need to tiptoe around the issue.

musicfor18

Postby musicfor18 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:19 am

tesoro wrote:
musicfor18 wrote:Thanks! There was no mention of scholarship, though. The lady on the phone (who was very nice, by the way) said I'd get an email with more details, so I didn't bother asking her. The email didn't mention scholarship, though. Should I assume I didn't get any?

congrats! It's a safe assumption that you didn't get a scholarship. But if you're confused, don't be shy to address this directly with them - they're pretty forthright about whether or not you got one so there's no need to tiptoe around the issue.

Thanks. It would be helpful to know if previous admits were informed of scholarship at the time of admission or in a separate communication.

tesoro

Postby tesoro » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:34 am

musicfor18 wrote:
tesoro wrote:

Thanks. It would be helpful to know if previous admits were informed of scholarship at the time of admission or in a separate communication.

So hopefully I can help here, even though I did not receive a scholarship. I think mostly everyone was informed of scholarship in a separate communication, within 2 weeks of the initial one. It was usually by mail.

I'm just not sure that this applies to your situation, because it's after the first deposit date. Logic dictates that you'd be informed immediately so you could make a quick decision.

Also, just in case this helps, I e-mailed them directly asking about scholarships and was directly told (in a nice way) that I wasn't receiving one. This was to be expected because my numbers aren't anything to write home about. But, if you want to get this off your mind, if you write or call them tomorrow I think they would tell you about any awards or lack thereof without hesitation.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:26 am

Anyone see South Park last night? Might be my favorite episode ever.

and the beast

Postby and the beast » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:28 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Anyone see South Park last night? Might be my favorite episode ever.

the intervention one?

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:28 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Anyone see South Park last night? Might be my favorite episode ever.

Nope. Watched the Caps go down in glorious flames instead.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:30 am

and the beast wrote:

the intervention one?

Yes sir. I <3 Towelie. Cartman had a vintage rant, and having the campers mimic Looney Toons characters was GENIUS!

and the beast

Postby and the beast » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:33 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
and the beast wrote:

the intervention one?

Yes sir. I <3 Towelie. Cartman had a vintage rant, and having the campers mimic Looney Toons characters was GENIUS!

hahaha YES i was dying. i mean, the actual show Intervention is hilarious on its own, and when mixed with SP, it was amazing.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:47 am

and the beast wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
and the beast wrote:

the intervention one?

hahaha YES i was dying. i mean, the actual show Intervention is hilarious on its own, and when mixed with SP, it was amazing.

Mimsyyyyy!!!!!!!!!

x3sarah

Postby x3sarah » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:21 am

Hi guys,

I went to the admissions office today and spoke to Kristina Haff, the Assistant Director of Admissions. She said that as of right now, there will be minimal, if any movement on the waitlist. The waitlist may start moving in late May/early June, since June 1st is the deadline for the secondary deposits. Just letting you guys know.

and the beast

Postby and the beast » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:23 am

x3sarah wrote:Hi guys,

I went to the admissions office today and spoke to Kristina Haff, the Assistant Director of Admissions. She said that as of right now, there will be minimal, if any movement on the waitlist. The waitlist may start moving in late May/early June, since June 1st is the deadline for the secondary deposits. Just letting you guys know.

:(

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”