Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
even2flow

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:04 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
even2flow wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:Love 30 Rock -- but I think Community is the best show in that line-up.

Why do you have a monkey?

It's an animal that looks like a dude. Why don't I have ten of them?

Bahahaha yeah that was great.

I'm sad I didn't give that show a chance until recently. New shows make me nervous because I don't want to really like it then have it get cancelled.

I have issues with commitment.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:08 am

even2flow wrote:I'm sad I didn't give that show a chance until recently. New shows make me nervous because I don't want to really like it then have it get cancelled.

LOL - my sister doesn't like new shows because she feels she's made a commitment to her current shows and doesn't want to be conflicted.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:11 am

even2flow wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
even2flow wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:Love 30 Rock -- but I think Community is the best show in that line-up.

Bahahaha yeah that was great.

I'm sad I didn't give that show a chance until recently. New shows make me nervous because I don't want to really like it then have it get cancelled.

You are just one big bag of crazy, huh?

and the beast

Postby and the beast » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:12 am

even2flow wrote:

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g308/ ... b20000.gif

I am a robot. I am programmed to love this backpack.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:14 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

Hahaha, 300 something pages later and you're just NOW putting this together? :mrgreen:

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:15 am

nygrrrl wrote:
even2flow wrote:I'm sad I didn't give that show a chance until recently. New shows make me nervous because I don't want to really like it then have it get cancelled.

LOL - my sister doesn't like new shows because she feels she's made a commitment to her current shows and doesn't want to be conflicted.

I used to feel the same way, but my current shows haven't been doing it for me anymore, so I've been having to seek validation from new and exciting ones.

Or ones that have been around the block a few times, like Lost.

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:17 am

and the beast wrote:
even2flow wrote:

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g308/ ... b20000.gif

I am a robot. I am programmed to love this backpack.

Personally, I loved the "worst interview ever" and "I have to go feed a banana to Annie's boobs."

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:30 am

even2flow wrote:

Is that like hooking up with an ex?

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:30 am

even2flow wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

Hahaha, 300 something pages later and you're just NOW putting this together? :mrgreen:

:lol:

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:33 am

nygrrrl wrote:
even2flow wrote:

Ha, that is a pretty astute description of how you feel when watching Lost.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:36 am

LaurenGayle wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
even2flow wrote:

Right? And then there's that odd, disjointed feeling when it's over... are you glad? sad? confused?

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:38 am

nygrrrl wrote:
even2flow wrote:

Nah, that's like getting back into the Simpsons. This is more like 'That's an impressively revealing outfit you're wearing for this time of year. You love tanning on warm days? That's so cool, you're so different than other people I meet. Tell me about your crazy cats.'

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:38 am

nygrrrl wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
even2flow wrote:

Right? And then there's that odd, disjointed feeling when it's over... are you glad? sad? confused?

The credited is 'used, and I wanna tell all my friends about it'

Bailarina08

Postby Bailarina08 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:40 am

LaurenGayle wrote:Also, I was looking at the forms that we have to turn in for Fordham. The one, that is due no later than July 6th, seems to fully commit us to the school, including tuition. Now, I'm on both Columbia and NYU's waitlists and, as much as I love Fordham, would have to choose either of those schools if they let me in. Does returning this form mean that, even if C or N let me the week before schools starts, I would still be responsible for Fordham's tuition (and, thus, have to attend)?

I can't tell. Something else says you can get #$200 of your deposit back if you withdraw by August 1st, so I am thinking they wouldn't hold you responsible for tuition.

That being said, it's not like they can rescind your acceptance. Maybe you should call and ask. (And let me know what they say.)

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:44 am

even2flow wrote:The credited is 'used, and I wanna tell all my friends about it'

LITERALLY LOL

andreea7

Postby andreea7 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:57 am

tommytahoe wrote:
even2flow wrote:Dear Fordham,

I'm willing to pay full tuition. Love is blind to debt.

<3
e2f

PS - how was everyone's weekend?

I was really excited for Sunday because I had a whole list of things I was gonna get done, then my friend called and asked if I wanted to go to the Sox game, so I eschewed the idea of being productive in favor of getting drunk on a Sunday afternoon.

Edit - does my desperation make me less attractive?

Hey, so if I were to send a LOCI that clearly says I am ready to pay full tuition, does that mean they expect me not to be granted any need-based grants? I am 37, nearly broke, and have an EFC of zero. I wouldn't be surprised if schools offer me $20,000 - $25,000 in need-based grants (for total of 3 years of course), but I don't want to wipe out that possibility by saying, "I'll pay full sticker!"

I think with your numbers and background you shouldn't have to say something like that. I believe it is kind of assumed that if you really want to go there you are aware of the financial commitment required. Just show them how much you want them.

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:04 am

Bailarina08 wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:Also, I was looking at the forms that we have to turn in for Fordham. The one, that is due no later than July 6th, seems to fully commit us to the school, including tuition. Now, I'm on both Columbia and NYU's waitlists and, as much as I love Fordham, would have to choose either of those schools if they let me in. Does returning this form mean that, even if C or N let me the week before schools starts, I would still be responsible for Fordham's tuition (and, thus, have to attend)?

I can't tell. Something else says you can get #$200 of your deposit back if you withdraw by August 1st, so I am thinking they wouldn't hold you responsible for tuition.

That being said, it's not like they can rescind your acceptance. Maybe you should call and ask. (And let me know what they say.)

Haha, I will definitely ask and get confirmation in the coming weeks. I will let you know when I do :-)

richardhelms

Postby richardhelms » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:23 pm

Hey folks - just want to wish all of you the best of luck who are still waiting. I officially accepted my offer from LSE today for finance - so I am definitely off to London! :-D I will be saying goodbye to TLS until next cycle.

HEP, NYGrrrl, and to the rest of you who have been waiting for what seems like years, I'm sure - my fingers are especially crossed for you! Good luck.

goosey

Postby goosey » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:52 pm

officially withdrew.

officially officially.

::sob::

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:00 pm

goosey wrote:officially withdrew.

officially officially.

:waving goodbye:

brooklyn heights is a killer neighborhood tho (assuming youre going to BLS)

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:04 pm

officially officially.

Good luck! At least you got a sweet deal at Brooklyn, right?

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:12 pm

officially officially.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:| :| :| :( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry:

Cardboardbox

Postby Cardboardbox » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:23 pm

Congrats to colforbin! Finally some movement (maybe FT soon too? hopefully? :D)

Man, I really need to catch up on my shows. It's criminal the amount of work and tests I have as a graduating senior! I miss How I Met Your Mother, I used to keep up with it well but stopped somewhere at the start of Season 5. I'm extremely excited that me and my best friend will be moving in before LS (he's a huge HIMYM fan too). We fully intend on purchasing swords for the wall...and an English telephone booth.

Speaking of which, everyone (and by everyone I mean my GF and my family lol) thinks it's a bad idea to be moving in with my friend who's not going to LS because he won't understand the pressure and it won't create an environment conducive to doing well in LS. I can see where they are coming from but I feel like he'd understand and give me space. Is that me being optimistic? :(

Oh and before I forget, how come no one has mentioned Glee yet?!

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:34 pm

Cardboardbox wrote:
Speaking of which, everyone (and by everyone I mean my GF and my family lol) thinks it's a bad idea to be moving in with my friend who's not going to LS because he won't understand the pressure and it won't create an environment conducive to doing well in LS. I can see where they are coming from but I feel like he'd understand and give me space. Is that me being optimistic? :(

Trust me when I say moving in with someone who isn't studying law will be to your mental benefit later. Last thing you're gonna want when you get home at midnight after studying Torts all day is to talk Crim Law with your roomate. You're gonna wanna talk about hot bartenders and why the Sox have been sucking. Or even someone who can sit there and play PS3 with you for like an hour before you go to bed and get back into teh swing of law at 6 AM the next morning.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:39 pm

even2flow wrote:
Cardboardbox wrote:

Trust me when I say moving in with someone who isn't studying law will be to your mental benefit later. Last thing you're gonna want when you get home at midnight after studying Torts all day is to talk Crim Law with your roomate. You're gonna wanna talk about hot bartenders and why the Sox have been sucking. Or even someone who can sit there and play PS3 with you for like an hour before you go to bed and get back into teh swing of law at 6 AM the next morning.

I really like the way you think, E2F

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”