Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nygrrrl

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:40 pm

SAE wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:Ha ha Sqvirrel! OK...

...Uuup.... FLICK...down..... Uuup.... FLICK...down....
(Missed you, SAE!)

:mrgreen:

You're the one who's been MIA.

:mrgreen:

evilgenius

Postby evilgenius » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:35 pm

Just sent my LOCI and got an immediate response from Dean Brown. He mentioned that they will continue their practice of looking beyond the numbers and movement on the wait list will be happening from now into the late summer. It also sounds as though they still have some seats left in the evening division. Probably something everyone on here new already, but his quick response gave me hope. Guess I haven't given up on Fordham after all.

and the beast

Postby and the beast » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:39 pm

evilgenius wrote:Just sent my LOCI and got an immediate response from Dean Brown. He mentioned that they will continue their practice of looking beyond the numbers and movement on the wait list will be happening from now into the late summer. It also sounds as though they still have some seats left in the evening division. Probably something everyone on here new already, but his quick response gave me hope. Guess I haven't given up on Fordham after all.

did you mail it or send it to his email? did you address it to him or just to an adcomm in general?

evilgenius

Postby evilgenius » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:47 pm

and the beast wrote:
evilgenius wrote:Just sent my LOCI and got an immediate response from Dean Brown. He mentioned that they will continue their practice of looking beyond the numbers and movement on the wait list will be happening from now into the late summer. It also sounds as though they still have some seats left in the evening division. Probably something everyone on here new already, but his quick response gave me hope. Guess I haven't given up on Fordham after all.

did you mail it or send it to his email? did you address it to him or just to an adcomm in general?

I e-mailed it to him directly and cc'd the general admissions email address.

Edit: Uh-oh. Just realized that this post totally outed me to him if he's lurking.

and the beast

Postby and the beast » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:52 pm

evilgenius wrote:
and the beast wrote:

I e-mailed it to him directly and cc'd the general admissions email address.

Edit: Uh-oh. Just realized that this post totally outed me to him if he's lurking.

lol you didn't say anything wrong. Hey Dean Brown! Let us in.

colforbin

Postby colforbin » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:10 pm

Thanks, everyone. For what it's worth, my phone call came from "Unknown Number." 212 didn't even show up on my caller id.

Aston2412

Postby Aston2412 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:58 pm

Hey guys - just heard back from GW (thanks postal service!) and I made their waitlist!

I'm really excited because I was expecting a rejection since my numbers are obviously below theirs.

I guess I'll be sending a LOCI - I'm assuming there are guidelines for LOCIs on this forum somewhere. If anyone knows where exactly could you link me there?

Additionally this means I can basically stop waiting to hear from Temple, St. John's and Case Western - I'm inclined to take GW waitlist over acceptance to those schools. Fordham is the only school that would give me pause.

Cosmo Kramer

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:58 pm

sorry for givin you guys false hope last week, but just got the call. Does the price tag make anyone else on here go :shock:

Jacinda

Postby Jacinda » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:25 pm

When do waitlisted people hear back?

tesoro

Postby tesoro » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:38 pm

Aston2412 wrote:Hey guys - just heard back from GW (thanks postal service!) and I made their waitlist!

I'm really excited because I was expecting a rejection since my numbers are obviously below theirs.

I guess I'll be sending a LOCI - I'm assuming there are guidelines for LOCIs on this forum somewhere. If anyone knows where exactly could you link me there?

Additionally this means I can basically stop waiting to hear from Temple, St. John's and Case Western - I'm inclined to take GW waitlist over acceptance to those schools. Fordham is the only school that would give me pause.

You do realize that this doesn't make any sense whatsoever, right? Sorry to be blunt, but a waitlist is not an acceptance. You can't "take a waitlist" over an acceptance, it's literally impossible to do. There are no "moral victories," and odds are still high that at the end of the day you won't be accepted to GW. So you should be indeed waiting to hear about acceptances. In other words: If you lose the super bowl 40-39, you still lost the superbowl. I apologize for raining on your parade, but you're not there yet man. Hold out hope, obviously, and send in your LOCIs, but don't assume you're in.

As for the LOCI advice, i'm not sure where the thread is, but there's one dedicated to this. Either try search, or maybe someone has the link handy?

Good luck man, but make sure to stay on the ground. Also, this is the Fordham thread, not the GW thread.

Aston2412

Postby Aston2412 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:35 am

tesoro wrote:You do realize that this doesn't make any sense whatsoever, right? Sorry to be blunt, but a waitlist is not an acceptance. You can't "take a waitlist" over an acceptance, it's literally impossible to do. There are no "moral victories," and odds are still high that at the end of the day you won't be accepted to GW. So you should be indeed waiting to hear about acceptances. In other words: If you lose the super bowl 40-39, you still lost the superbowl. I apologize for raining on your parade, but you're not there yet man. Hold out hope, obviously, and send in your LOCIs, but don't assume you're in.

As for the LOCI advice, i'm not sure where the thread is, but there's one dedicated to this. Either try search, or maybe someone has the link handy?

Good luck man, but make sure to stay on the ground. Also, this is the Fordham thread, not the GW thread.

Sorry - I didn't mean to imply that I was "in." What I meant to say was that the prospect of attending Temple, Case Western or St. John's didn't really appeal to me and so that I would not be terribly upset if I held out for GW and wound up having to make alternative plans for next year. That said if I'm accepted will I make a seat deposit? Probably, but I will have a lot of thinking to do before I accept it. Even if I had been flat out rejected from both Fordham and GW and accepted to those schools there was a chance that I would simply retake the LSAT in the summer and apply again for next year.

I also failed to mention the fortune cookie I got a few days ago that said, "You will be offered the dream of a lifetime. Say yes!" Obviously I can't base my life on a fortune cookie, but it's fun to be optimistic - especially since I was expecting a rejection from GW.

Additionally, I'm posting this in the Fordham waiting thread because, while waiting on Fordham, people have been discussing various things like where to get a beer, the nature of fashion law and what other schools they are hearing from in the interim.

tesoro

Postby tesoro » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:47 am

Aston2412 wrote:
tesoro wrote:You do realize that this doesn't make any sense whatsoever, right? Sorry to be blunt, but a waitlist is not an acceptance. You can't "take a waitlist" over an acceptance, it's literally impossible to do. There are no "moral victories," and odds are still high that at the end of the day you won't be accepted to GW. So you should be indeed waiting to hear about acceptances. In other words: If you lose the super bowl 40-39, you still lost the superbowl. I apologize for raining on your parade, but you're not there yet man. Hold out hope, obviously, and send in your LOCIs, but don't assume you're in.

Sorry - I didn't mean to imply that I was "in." What I meant to say was that the prospect of attending Temple, Case Western or St. John's didn't really appeal to me and so that I would not be terribly upset if I held out for GW and wound up having to make alternative plans for next year. That said if I'm accepted will I make a seat deposit? Probably, but I will have a lot of thinking to do before I accept it. Even if I had been flat out rejected from both Fordham and GW and accepted to those schools there was a chance that I would simply retake the LSAT in the summer and apply again for next year.

I also failed to mention the fortune cookie I got a few days ago that said, "You will be offered the dream of a lifetime. Say yes!" Obviously I can't base my life on a fortune cookie, but it's fun to be optimistic - especially since I was expecting a rejection from GW.

Additionally, I'm posting this in the Fordham waiting thread because, while waiting on Fordham, people have been discussing various things like where to get a beer, the nature of fashion law and what other schools they are hearing from in the interim.

Ha okay. Well I hope your fortune comes true :). Sorry I read your post out of context of the rest of it, good luck-

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:49 am

So although this is totally unrelated not only to Fordham but Law School in general, I was watching 30Rock from last week and Liz Lemon getting excited (by exclaiming "Nerds!" no less) because the the Buffalo Chicken Shake is back might be the funniest moment in television. Classic Liz.

Tesoro I hope it was ok I posted this :wink:

tesoro

Postby tesoro » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:57 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:So although this is totally unrelated not only to Fordham but Law School in general, I was watching 30Rock from last week and Liz Lemon getting excited (by exclaiming "Nerds!" no less) because the the Buffalo Chicken Shake is back might be the funniest moment in television. Classic Liz.

Tesoro I hope it was ok I posted this :wink:

Hey let's not get all uppity at me now. Long post about being super excited to be waitlisted at GW and apparently throwing all other applications out the window, with a very short "maybe, maybe fordham might give me pause" =/= discussing randomness in a waiting room thread. I legitimately thought he was in the wrong thread. I am not the police!

Also, 30Rock is growing on me. Probably the best "New York" show since Seinfeld (sex in the city be damned).

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:02 am

tesoro wrote:Also, 30Rock is growing on me. Probably the best "New York" show since Seinfeld (sex in the city be damned).

It's a stealthy show. One night, you're flipping channels... there it is. You stop, you watch, suddenly you're laughing so hard there are tears in your eyes.

Mr. Smith

Postby Mr. Smith » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:05 am

nygrrrl wrote:
tesoro wrote:Also, 30Rock is growing on me. Probably the best "New York" show since Seinfeld (sex in the city be damned).

It's a stealthy show. One night, you're flipping channels... there it is. You stop, you watch, suddenly you're laughing so hard there are tears in your eyes.

Saw NY ITT. Ran here to say:

Hai

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:25 am

Mr. Smith wrote:
Saw NY ITT. Ran here to say:

Hai

Good morning, Mr Smith! How I miss you. Still owe you an email... will get on that! Happy Tuesday! :mrgreen:

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:26 am

tesoro wrote:
Also, 30Rock is growing on me. Probably the best "New York" show since Seinfeld (sex in the city be damned).

I definitely have recently developed an appreciation for it too. Although sometimes I'm embarassed to say I watch it since I assume people will judge me like I just said I watch Ally McBeal. I usually try to cover it up by telling them I'm watching UFC, not wishing I was dating Liz Lemon, or wishing I was Alec Baldwin's character.

Also, her rant at the dodgeball game about the kind of guy she wants to date literally describes exactly me. Not sure if that makes me:

a) a weirdo
b) the most desirable man on earth

and the beast

Postby and the beast » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:32 am

even2flow wrote:
tesoro wrote:

I definitely have recently developed an appreciation for it too. Although sometimes I'm embarassed to say I watch it since I assume people will judge me like I just said I watch Ally McBeal.

hahahah there is nothing wrong with ally mcbeal! I named my dog after her! she's allie mcbeagle.

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:43 am

Love 30 Rock -- but I think Community is the best show in that line-up.

Also, I was looking at the forms that we have to turn in for Fordham. The one, that is due no later than July 6th, seems to fully commit us to the school, including tuition. Now, I'm on both Columbia and NYU's waitlists and, as much as I love Fordham, would have to choose either of those schools if they let me in. Does returning this form mean that, even if C or N let me the week before schools starts, I would still be responsible for Fordham's tuition (and, thus, have to attend)?

Corinne

Postby Corinne » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:44 am

SAE wrote:Just got a phone call from an unknown 212 number. Turned out it had nothing to do with Fordham. Heart's still pounding.. FML

A friend of mine called me from his office phone in NYC, also a 212 number. I spent the whole call explaining to him that it was not okay for him to call from there. Of course, he had to pick today to leave his cell phone home...

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:48 am

LaurenGayle wrote:Love 30 Rock -- but I think Community is the best show in that line-up.

Also, I was looking at the forms that we have to turn in for Fordham. The one, that is due no later than July 6th, seems to fully commit us to the school, including tuition. Now, I'm on both Columbia and NYU's waitlists and, as much as I love Fordham, would have to choose either of those schools if they let me in. Does returning this form mean that, even if C or N let me the week before schools starts, I would still be responsible for Fordham's tuition (and, thus, have to attend)?

Community is good (I'm partial to Annie in particular, or Mrs Campbell if you're a fan of Mad Men), but it's no 30Rock. Liz Lemon, Frank, Jack, they trump all!

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:48 am

Corinne wrote:
SAE wrote:Just got a phone call from an unknown 212 number. Turned out it had nothing to do with Fordham. Heart's still pounding.. FML

A friend of mine called me from his office phone in NYC, also a 212 number. I spent the whole call explaining to him that it was not okay for him to call from there. Of course, he had to pick today to leave his cell phone home...

I'm in DC, so I get a lot of 202 phone calls. Way too similar to 212.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:56 am

LaurenGayle wrote:Love 30 Rock -- but I think Community is the best show in that line-up.

Why do you have a monkey?

It's an animal that looks like a dude. Why don't I have ten of them?

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:00 am

even2flow wrote:

Why do you have a monkey?

It's an animal that looks like a dude. Why don't I have ten of them?

Bahahaha yeah that was great.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”