Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Burger in a can

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Burger in a can » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:14 pm

jk11287 wrote:I just called Fordham to make sure there wasn't a problem with my app or anything, and basically got a very stern lecture about what rolling admissions mean, but I was told that they are going to make their Dec. 15 deadline for EA candidates.

Yikes! This is why I'm afraid to call schools- I know I will be that one last call that finally just pisses them off!

jk11287

Postby jk11287 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:15 pm

I know, but I really felt like I had a valid complaint, plus I'm really impatient :-)

brewinbruin

Postby brewinbruin » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:24 pm

oh Fordham, oh Fordham!
i come from where there is much sun,
please invite me and I'll bring you some,
we will have much fun.

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:25 pm

jk11287 wrote:I know, but I really felt like I had a valid complaint, plus I'm really impatient :-)

Oh, I wasn't implying that you didn't have a good reason to call- I was just trying to explain that I am a giant wuss. :)

RubyDoomsday

Postby RubyDoomsday » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:28 pm

I never call schools once applications are complete, it's not worth them being angry with me. Especially I wouldn't call Fordham since it is a reach school and my dream school and I would always assume if I did not get in that that one call killed me....I know, it is illogical, but that is my feeling.

Boro88

Postby Boro88 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:32 pm

Calling Fordham is always useless... If you have a genuine concern you really have to ask to speak to the higher-ups. I had trouble with my financial aid package this year because they said they couldn't prove my citizenship (I've been attending there for 4 years) and they didn't help me for more than a month until I finally was allowed to speak to a director. No one would even explain what the problem was.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:33 pm

Boro88

Postby Boro88 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:35 pm

I sure hope to get in as well. How long have you been waiting?

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:41 pm

Boro88

Postby Boro88 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:45 pm

I went to Fordham undergrad hoping to up my chances that they will take their own for Grad school. It is a great place to be and I have never regretted coming here except for the horrific commute I have.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:48 pm

Last edited by nygrrrl on Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

beebs

Postby beebs » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:15 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:OK we seem to be getting a little stressed and negative here, so I'm gonna go ahead and shift things a little. I'm relatively new to this forum and only started thinking about law school in late July of this year. I graduated in 2007, and since then worked in pro baseball as an umpire in the minor leagues. I'm also a long suffering Jets fan, love classic rock, HBO shows, and Howard Stern. I'm also a Gemini.

:shock: Like Sex and the City???? :shock:

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:17 pm

Nooooooooo

Curb, True Blood, Bored to Death, Flight of the Conchords, Eastbound and Down

No one else in the sharing mood today???

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:25 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:True Blood

:mrgreen:

"Sookie, I am vampire." :lol: I love the way he talks.

monkey85

Postby monkey85 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:29 pm

Fordham, in New York
With the Christmas season near,
Give my present soon!

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:31 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:

Show gets better with every episode.

RubyDoomsday

Postby RubyDoomsday » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:40 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:

AGREED and they really know how to do cliffhangers! Although my favourite HBO show is Big Love....it is easily the finest show I have ever watched.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Never seen that one. Maybe I'll throw it on my netflix list.

And how could I forget Entourage too! Although I thought it was pretty weak this past season.

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:45 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:

OK, so I've watched the second half of the second season of True Blood, and I just couldn't understand it at all. Something about a 1000-year-old pyschochick who inspires Bachnalian lust in the townspeople and they make a giant tower of meat and Sookie is more powerful than she is but not really and oh hey look the dog-man-animal-shifter guy is what she wants and she can't die but wait she can so haha we win...maybe I'm being too cynical and need to watch the first part of the series.

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:46 pm

rockthelaw wrote:
OK, so I've watched the second half of the second season of True Blood, and I just couldn't understand it at all. Something about a 1000-year-old pyschochick who inspires Bachnalian lust in the townspeople and they make a giant tower of meat and Sookie is more powerful than she is but not really and oh hey look the dog-man-animal-shifter guy is what she wants and she can't die but wait she can so haha we win...maybe I'm being too cynical and need to watch the first part of the series.

Yes.

RubyDoomsday

Postby RubyDoomsday » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:49 pm

Big Love moves slowly, sort of like Deadwood, where you are watching the performances more than a plot...however the plot plays out well over the first two seasons. Season three is a bit of a mess, some great moments, really agressive writing, however with the writers strike they ended up with several of the kids going through big growth spurts and really trying to deal with that. The three women playing the wives (Jeanne Tripplehorn, Chloe Sevighny, and Ginnifer Goodwin) act their asses off and it really is an ensamble piece.

Never seen Entourage...too much like what I want to actually do with my life :)

beckstar

Postby beckstar » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:51 pm

californication

RubyDoomsday

Postby RubyDoomsday » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:52 pm

rockthelaw wrote:OK, so I've watched the second half of the second season of True Blood, and I just couldn't understand it at all. Something about a 1000-year-old pyschochick who inspires Bachnalian lust in the townspeople and they make a giant tower of meat and Sookie is more powerful than she is but not really and oh hey look the dog-man-animal-shifter guy is what she wants and she can't die but wait she can so haha we win...maybe I'm being too cynical and need to watch the first part of the series.

You really cannot pick up in the middle, too much of what the series is in the second season is based upon the world Alan Ball/Charlene Harris created in the first. It would be like picking up in the middle of the second season of Dexter....

beebs

Postby beebs » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:53 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Never seen that one. Maybe I'll throw it on my netflix list.

And how could I forget Entourage too! Although I thought it was pretty weak this past season.

I think of the TV shows I watch as commitments. Relationships, if you will. I vow to watch them weekly, be it on TV, the internet, or DVR.

Every week I show up for Entourage, and this past season, things changed. Week after week I'd feel nothing more than disappointment. So I started cheating with network shows like 30 Rock and Glee. What can I say? If Entourage wants to try harder, and promise to entertain me more, I'll consider getting back together.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:56 pm

That's a great way of putting it. Entourage has to earn back my respect now.

However, as far as new network shows go, Modern Family is the best this year, by far.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”