Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ryguy

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby ryguy » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:38 pm

newyorklaw23 wrote:
ryguy wrote:
newyorklaw23 wrote:I still haven't heard a peep from Fordham about financial aid. Schools can't expect you to be able to accurately weigh a decision if you don't know how much it will cost you!

They will let you know the costs, AFTER you put your deposit down. They say to let them know you are serious. What???

I DID put a deposit down haha! It's like they're encouraging multiple deposits, b/c at a school so expensive(esp for it's ranking and due to it's location) it's hard to make a decision without being able to take cost into account.

I agree totally. All other schools are up front on ALL the costs.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:53 pm

rockthelaw wrote:
If we both get into Fordham, we should spend a weekend watching Cops Season 5.

Hah, we can buy a couple thirties of Natty Lite, and a few boxes of Elio's pizza, then when our significant others (in your case your legitimate SO, and in my case, my Mom) ask what we're doing we can tell them 'studying for Crim Law' but we'll actually just be laughing because who tries to drive backwards down the highway in their underwear?

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:58 pm

even2flow wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:
If we both get into Fordham, we should spend a weekend watching Cops Season 5.

Hah, we can buy a couple thirties of Natty Lite, and a few boxes of Elio's pizza, then when our significant others (in your case your legitimate SO, and in my case, my Mom) ask what we're doing we can tell them 'studying for Crim Law' but we'll actually just be laughing because who tries to drive backwards down the highway in their underwear?

Oh spring weekend '07....

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:01 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Oh spring weekend '07....

Did you include that addendum on your app? Or at least the video segment? If that doesn't net you a full ride, I dunno what would. Bonus points if you did it because you got ripped off while buying crack.

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:03 pm

even2flow wrote:

Did you include that addendum on your app? Or at least the video segment? If that doesn't net you a full ride, I dunno what would. Bonus points if you did it because you got ripped off while buying crack.

And an automatic invitation to law review if you did it while on crack.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:05 pm

rockthelaw wrote:
even2flow wrote:

And an automatic invitation to law review if you did it while on crack.

Ripped off? Please. It was happy hour, not amateur hour.

badpixie

Postby badpixie » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:06 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
even2flow wrote:Dear Fordham,

I'm willing to pay full tuition. Love is blind to debt.

<3
NYGrrrl

Ftfm

*sigh*. And this is why I don't expect to be joining you folks in the Fall. For me, it goes something like this:

Dear Fordham,

Love is blind. I don't care that your facilities aren't as bright and shiny as some others. I love you for what is inside.

But I'm not going into $200k of debt for anything that I can't live in, so please show your love for me in return by wooing me with a bright shiny scholly.

kisses,
PIxie

colforbin

Postby colforbin » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:14 pm

Accepted off the WL today for PT via phone call. 164/3.7 In addition to being above the medians, I think my visits got me in. I have emailed and met with one of the associate deans a few times, most recently two Fridays ago. However, I did not send an official LOCI (the plan was to wait until I receive my final grades which will push up my gpa a little more).

So anyway, there is some movement going on.

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:16 pm

colforbin wrote:Accepted off the WL today for PT via phone call. 164/3.7 In addition to being above the medians, I think my visits got me in. I have emailed and met with one of the associate deans a few times, most recently two Fridays ago. However, I did not send an official LOCI (the plan was to wait until I receive my final grades which will push up my gpa a little more).

Congrats. Also, love your username.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:20 pm

*checks phone, sees it's on and has no missed calls. cries softly so no one at work will make fun*

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:27 pm

colforbin wrote:Accepted off the WL today for PT via phone call. 164/3.7 In addition to being above the medians, I think my visits got me in. I have emailed and met with one of the associate deans a few times, most recently two Fridays ago. However, I did not send an official LOCI (the plan was to wait until I receive my final grades which will push up my gpa a little more).

Has your status checker changed?

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:35 pm

*looks up from torts casebook to offer congrats, and offer hope to others in this thread that this will be the week!*

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:36 pm

My manners are awful.

Congrats! :mrgreen:

and the beast

Postby and the beast » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:39 pm

congratulations!!! I am so happy for you! Sorry if you can feel my hot flashes of jealousy from DC to where ever you are....

Aston2412

Postby Aston2412 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:42 pm

^

This.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:48 pm

even2flow wrote:*checks phone, sees it's on and has no missed calls. cries softly so no one at work will make fun*

Fordhamorbust

Postby Fordhamorbust » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:58 pm

Have any of you sent in LOCIs? If so, what have your responses been like?

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:13 pm

<3
e2f

PS - how was everyone's weekend?

I was really excited for Sunday because I had a whole list of things I was gonna get done, then my friend called and asked if I wanted to go to the Sox game, so I eschewed the idea of being productive in favor of getting drunk on a Sunday afternoon.

Edit - does my desperation make me less attractive?

Hey, so if I were to send a LOCI that clearly says I am ready to pay full tuition, does that mean they expect me not to be granted any need-based grants? I am 37, nearly broke, and have an EFC of zero. I wouldn't be surprised if schools offer me $20,000 - $25,000 in need-based grants (for total of 3 years of course), but I don't want to wipe out that possibility by saying, "I'll pay full sticker!"

Clive1

Postby Clive1 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:15 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
even2flow wrote:*checks phone, sees it's on and has no missed calls. cries softly so no one at work will make fun*

i'm willing to bet there's a lot of this going on, though this is heartening news. and congrats colforbin btw!

SAE

Postby SAE » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:27 pm

Just got a phone call from an unknown 212 number. Turned out it had nothing to do with Fordham. Heart's still pounding.. FML

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:28 pm

Clive1 wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:

i'm willing to bet there's a lot of this going on, though this is heartening news. and congrats colforbin btw!

Yes, that was awful of me - CONGRATULATIONS, colforbin!!!! (Sorry man, it's been a long cycle and the rain made me lose my head for a second there!)

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:30 pm

for old time's sake..

Up...Flick...Down...

and the beast

Postby and the beast » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:31 pm

SAE wrote:Just got a phone call from an unknown 212 number. Turned out it had nothing to do with Fordham. Heart's still pounding.. FML

oh my god this is the worst.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:33 pm

Ha ha Sqvirrel! OK...

...Uuup.... FLICK...down..... Uuup.... FLICK...down....
(Missed you, SAE!)

SAE

Postby SAE » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:38 pm

nygrrrl wrote:Ha ha Sqvirrel! OK...

...Uuup.... FLICK...down..... Uuup.... FLICK...down....
(Missed you, SAE!)

:mrgreen:

You're the one who's been MIA.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”