Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Jacinda

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Jacinda » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:53 pm

Does anyone know if Fordham grants deferrals?

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:21 am

Jacinda wrote:Does anyone know if Fordham grants deferrals?

Yes. My friend got in last yer and was granted a deferral for their pt program. Not sure what the process is tho.

Jacinda

Postby Jacinda » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:42 am

chicoalto0649 wrote:

Yes. My friend got in last yer and was granted a deferral for their pt program. Not sure what the process is tho.

That's nice! Was it hard? Like I mean are they strict about it?

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:00 am

Jacinda wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:

I honestly have no clue...just know she got one. She spent the deferral year doing basically nothing so its not like she did teach for america or something compelling like that.

kdechol

Postby kdechol » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:09 am

i had my heart set on moving to NY, these darn east coast schools have been silent. at this point, i'm looking at a scholarship from U of I, but I would seriously consider Fordham (despite the lower rank) if they would just let me know already. i haven't heard from NYU (just waiting for a rejection letter) or cardozo (when faced with a T25, i'll take u of i). fordham really really needs to come through....

can't see myself living in bumblefuck, illinois

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:24 am

Another week! Hope everyone's staying positive.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:33 am

My computer at work now has access to sound and my Rhapsody account.

Today is win.

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:45 am

even2flow wrote:My computer at work now has access to sound and my Rhapsody account.

Today is win.

You should have told me this ages ago. When I worked at the nazi foreclosure law firm I learned how to get around this. We would have fixed you.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:49 am

I honestly never tried it until the other day because I had my ipod, but my boredom took on a whole new level on Friday. It was more of a hardware issue than a network blocking since the computer I use most at work is more or less half of a computer that I use to VPN to a real computer at my desk.

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:50 am

even2flow wrote:I honestly never tried it until the other day because I had my ipod, but my boredom took on a whole new level on Friday. It was more of a hardware issue than a network blocking since the computer I use most at work is more or less half of a computer that I use to VPN to a real computer at my desk.

Yeah that was my situation as well. a dummy computer. annoying and I don't see the point, but whatever.
so did you have to figure out how to flow the real computer's sound to the fake one? it's just one little click in the sub-login window!

tesoro

Postby tesoro » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:09 am

Jacinda wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:

They seem accomodating. I might need to defer at the eleventh hour and DB told me it could be done if necessary. My reasons are highly persuasive, though.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:13 am

sibley wrote:
even2flow wrote:I honestly never tried it until the other day because I had my ipod, but my boredom took on a whole new level on Friday. It was more of a hardware issue than a network blocking since the computer I use most at work is more or less half of a computer that I use to VPN to a real computer at my desk.

Yeah that was my situation as well. a dummy computer. annoying and I don't see the point, but whatever.
so did you have to figure out how to flow the real computer's sound to the fake one? it's just one little click in the sub-login window!

Ha nothing that complicated, I just had to remove the sound output from my real computer and bring in a set of speakers for the fake computer. The only thing that sucks is that the network sucks, so every few songs it starts to skip or crashes out and has to re-sign itself back in to keep going.

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:34 am

So, I haven't been frequenting this thread for some time —expecting a waitlist. Does anybody here know if there is an absolute deadline by which Fordham thinks it will have decisions? Example: UNC says everyone knows by May 1st.
Will I have a JD before I hear a response?

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:36 am

tommytahoe wrote:So, I haven't been frequenting this thread for some time —expecting a waitlist. Does anybody here know if there is an absolute deadline by which Fordham thinks it will have decisions? Example: UNC says everyone knows by May 1st.

Applicants whose files become complete (i.e., their LSDAS report is received by the Admissions Office) prior to February 1st should be notified of the admission decision on or before May 1st.

Applicants whose files become complete after February 1st cannot be assured of receiving a decision prior to the end of May.

Long story short, there is no concrete, specified date.

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:44 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
tommytahoe wrote:So, I haven't been frequenting this thread for some time —expecting a waitlist. Does anybody here know if there is an absolute deadline by which Fordham thinks it will have decisions? Example: UNC says everyone knows by May 1st.

Applicants whose files become complete (i.e., their LSDAS report is received by the Admissions Office) prior to February 1st should be notified of the admission decision on or before May 1st.

Applicants whose files become complete after February 1st cannot be assured of receiving a decision prior to the end of May.

Got it. Thanks HEP. Complete 01/12 here, so I guess i get my WL letter this week... They do mail them, correct?

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:47 am

tommytahoe wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

Got it. Thanks HEP. Complete 01/12 here, so I guess i get my WL letter this week... They do mail them, correct?

Yes, but it will change on your status checker beforehand.

Steve Zissou

Postby Steve Zissou » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:52 pm

sibley wrote:
fitzgerald86 wrote:
sibley wrote:
fitzgerald86 wrote:What is your current plan, if not off Fordham WL? GW?

My current plan IS GW. If in off Fordham WL then I will consider them.

Brooklyn's offer is pretty tantalizing, but I'd still go with GW since it's a much stronger school and you don't seem too tied to staying in NYC. . .

That's what I'm thinking too. But holy crap, only having like 30k or less of debt when I'm done would be amazing. Plus my 30k from undergrad, of course. I like NYC because my boyfriend is from Westchester, but DC to NYC is easy for when we're on school breaks...

Ah, I'm stuck in NYC, with numbers that got me waitlisted at Fordham and the same offer at Brooklyn. Fordham just doesn't give out very much money*, so even if I get in off the waitlist I'm 99% certain that it's still Brooklyn $$$+$ for me.

*Long term I think this going to hurt Fordham's rankings... they just can't afford and/or won't buy LSAT and GPA scores. Just go to Law School Numbers, rank applicants by LSAT, and look at the numbers that pop up. Or ask current students. Disclaimer: Rankings aren't everything, blah blah blah, Fordham will cut it's PT in half, yadda yadda, I will be at BLS, blah blah who cares I'm just bored at work, blah, etc.
Last edited by Steve Zissou on Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

newyorklaw23

Postby newyorklaw23 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:59 pm

I still haven't heard a peep from Fordham about financial aid. Schools can't expect you to be able to accurately weigh a decision if you don't know how much it will cost you!

ryguy

Postby ryguy » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:07 pm

newyorklaw23 wrote:I still haven't heard a peep from Fordham about financial aid. Schools can't expect you to be able to accurately weigh a decision if you don't know how much it will cost you!

They will let you know the costs, AFTER you put your deposit down. They say to let them know you are serious. What???

newyorklaw23

Postby newyorklaw23 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:15 pm

ryguy wrote:
newyorklaw23 wrote:I still haven't heard a peep from Fordham about financial aid. Schools can't expect you to be able to accurately weigh a decision if you don't know how much it will cost you!

They will let you know the costs, AFTER you put your deposit down. They say to let them know you are serious. What???

I DID put a deposit down haha! It's like they're encouraging multiple deposits, b/c at a school so expensive(esp for it's ranking and due to it's location) it's hard to make a decision without being able to take cost into account.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:17 pm

Dear Fordham,

I'm willing to pay full tuition. Love is blind to debt.

<3
e2f

PS - how was everyone's weekend?

I was really excited for Sunday because I had a whole list of things I was gonna get done, then my friend called and asked if I wanted to go to the Sox game, so I eschewed the idea of being productive in favor of getting drunk on a Sunday afternoon.

Edit - does my desperation make me less attractive?

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:21 pm

even2flow wrote:Dear Fordham,

I'm willing to pay full tuition. Love is blind to debt.

<3
e2f

PS - how was everyone's weekend?

I was really excited for Sunday because I had a whole list of things I was gonna get done, then my friend called and asked if I wanted to go to the Sox game, so I eschewed the idea of being productive in favor of getting drunk on a Sunday afternoon.

Dear Fordham,

If you got e2f's letter, make a copy, scratch out e2f, and write "rtl." Please include this copy in my file. Thanks!

I had a great weekend watching the Caps lose game 5. Hopefully game 6 ends in similar fashion.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:33 pm

Last edited by nygrrrl on Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:36 pm

rockthelaw wrote:
Dear Fordham,

If you got e2f's letter, make a copy, scratch out e2f, and write "rtl." Please include this copy in my file. Thanks!

I had a great weekend watching the Caps lose game 5. Hopefully game 6 ends in similar fashion.

I initially read that and thought you had said "I spent the weekend watching Cops season 5" and I was like "Dude, you're my hero."

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:38 pm

even2flow wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:
Dear Fordham,

I initially read that and thought you had said "I spent the weekend watching Cops season 5" and I was like "Dude, you're my hero."

If we both get into Fordham, we should spend a weekend watching Cops Season 5.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”