Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
even2flow

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:35 pm

Madison. I've never been.

SAE

Postby SAE » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:35 pm

Corinne wrote:
even2flow wrote:I'd call about that.

So, although I still haven't heard from Fordham, my company has decided to send me on a week long conference in June to sunny New Jersey. On my birthday.

Yay?

Where in New Jersey?

Does it really matter? :mrgreen:

Cardboardbox

Postby Cardboardbox » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:35 pm

even2flow wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:Complete 2/5, still nothing.

Also, I emailed them two weeks ago today and asked them to change my address because they didn't have the right one. Also, still nothing: no response and same incorrect address on my status checker.

I'd call about that.

So, although I still haven't heard from Fordham, my company has decided to send me on a week long conference in June to sunny New Jersey. On my birthday.

Yay?

A co-worker of mine was telling me about this t-shirt he has that reads "New Jersey, The Best Country in the World"...that's all I really have to add, aside from the fact that that totally sucks =(

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:36 pm

Is there anything to do, or should I bring the entirety of Lost on DVD again?

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:37 pm

Also just realized I'll be turning 25 over the course of this conference. That's a depressing way to realize you're a quarter century old and have failed at most of your dreams.

Corinne

Postby Corinne » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:39 pm

rockthelaw wrote:
Corinne wrote:

Yay?

Where in New Jersey?

Haha, clearly a very important question.

Believe me, it is a VERY important question. Every county in New Jersey is very different. I live in Southern Bergen County, 10 minutes from NYC and I love it here. I've never been to Madison specifically, but things are very different out there. You're only about 45 minutes from the good part of New Jersey out there haha

SAE

Postby SAE » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:40 pm

even2flow wrote:Also just realized I'll be turning 25 over the course of this conference. That's a depressing way to realize you're a quarter century old and have failed at most of your dreams.

Well, there's always the ultimate solution:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -jobs.html

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:41 pm

Corinne wrote:
Believe me, it is a VERY important question. Every county in New Jersey is very different. I live in Southern Bergen County, 10 minutes from NYC and I love it here. I've never been to Madison specifically, but things are very different out there. You're only about 45 minutes from the good part of New Jersey out there haha

Hah, good, I can get in the car and drive to the good part every day.

I have a couple very close friends from Bergen County (they went to Bergen Catholic) and love it.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:43 pm

SAE wrote:
even2flow wrote:Also just realized I'll be turning 25 over the course of this conference. That's a depressing way to realize you're a quarter century old and have failed at most of your dreams.

Well, there's always the ultimate solution:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -jobs.html

Wow.

Corinne

Postby Corinne » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:45 pm

even2flow wrote:
Corinne wrote:

I have a couple very close friends from Bergen County (they went to Bergen Catholic) and love it.

Ah, Bergen Catholic. I was a public school kid myself, but I know a few kids from town that went there. In my opinion, the private schools were always more for the Northern Bergen residents. Northern Bergen County is ridiculously wealthy, and I go to a small public college up there. Down here is where the party is. :)

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:48 pm

I called and was told they only correspond re:addresses via e-mail.

Aston2412

Postby Aston2412 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:33 pm

If one forgot something reasonably important that might strengthen an application would it be worth contacting admissions to make them aware of it?

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:35 pm

Aston2412 wrote:If one forgot something reasonably important that might strengthen an application would it be worth contacting admissions to make them aware of it?

yes- an admissions officer specifically told me that information like that is very helpful, and should be emailed to admissions.

Aston2412

Postby Aston2412 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:55 pm

This is helpful. Thank you for following up with us.

Best of luck!

^

The response I got after submitting the information I forgot. I'm gonna say it's a good thing (even though I realize it's probably a neutral response, I'm gonna choose to consciously positively skew it)!

Hey-O

Postby Hey-O » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:04 pm

Don't sweat it. I'm 27. On my birthday I was bemoaning my lack of success to my younger brother (who just turned 23). Then he said, at least you're not divorced. Which is how I learned he was getting divorced after only two years. Yeah, better no dreams then a failed marriage at 23. He won the suckiest twenties award.

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:14 pm

Hey-O wrote:

Don't sweat it. I'm 27. On my birthday I was bemoaning my lack of success to my younger brother (who just turned 23). Then he said, at least you're not divorced. Which is how I learned he was getting divorced after only two years. Yeah, better no dreams then a failed marriage at 23. He won the suckiest twenties award.

That sucks -- same thing happened to my cousin. Better divorced at 23 with (hopefully) no kids than divorced at 35 with a few kids in tow.

Also, I used to think "What am I doing with my life?" when I'd think about how my football team's quarterback was only a year older than me and had two superbowl rings. But then he started getting accused of assault. I think I've made better choices.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:20 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
Hey-O wrote:

That sucks -- same thing happened to my cousin. Better divorced at 23 with (hopefully) no kids than divorced at 35 with a few kids in tow.

Also, I used to think "What am I doing with my life?" when I'd think about how my football team's quarterback was only a year older than me and had two superbowl rings. But then he started getting accused of assault. I think I've made better choices.

Ben Roethelisberger - Throwin' picks, Assaultin' chicks

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:38 pm

HEP! How was the golf?

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:41 pm

nygrrrl wrote:HEP! How was the golf?

It was extremely windy and I fell apart after the 13th hole. Still better than work.

badpixie

Postby badpixie » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:54 pm

even2flow wrote:
Corinne wrote:

Bergen County here too - northern part of the County (but definitely not the ridiculously wealthy part). I grew up about a mile & a half from Bergen Catholic.

sibley

Postby sibley » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:54 am

Oy guys I just got this letter from Brooklyn (bc I withdrew, asking me to reconsider my decision and give Brooklyn another look) upping my scholarship to 2k OVER full tuition, plus 5k living expenses or guaranteed housing for all 3 years. They're messing with my head.

fitzgerald86

Postby fitzgerald86 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:19 am

sibley wrote:Oy guys I just got this letter from Brooklyn (bc I withdrew, asking me to reconsider my decision and give Brooklyn another look) upping my scholarship to 2k OVER full tuition, plus 5k living expenses or guaranteed housing for all 3 years. They're messing with my head.

What is your current plan, if not off Fordham WL? GW?

sibley

Postby sibley » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:20 am

fitzgerald86 wrote:
sibley wrote:Oy guys I just got this letter from Brooklyn (bc I withdrew, asking me to reconsider my decision and give Brooklyn another look) upping my scholarship to 2k OVER full tuition, plus 5k living expenses or guaranteed housing for all 3 years. They're messing with my head.

My current plan IS GW. If in off Fordham WL then I will consider them.

fitzgerald86

Postby fitzgerald86 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:22 am

sibley wrote:
fitzgerald86 wrote:

Brooklyn's offer is pretty tantalizing, but I'd still go with GW since it's a much stronger school and you don't seem too tied to staying in NYC. . .

sibley

Postby sibley » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:28 am

fitzgerald86 wrote:
sibley wrote:
fitzgerald86 wrote:

Brooklyn's offer is pretty tantalizing, but I'd still go with GW since it's a much stronger school and you don't seem too tied to staying in NYC. . .

That's what I'm thinking too. But holy crap, only having like 30k or less of debt when I'm done would be amazing. Plus my 30k from undergrad, of course. I like NYC because my boyfriend is from Westchester, but DC to NYC is easy for when we're on school breaks, and DC to ROC isn't quite as easy as NYC to ROC but it's still very doable for during the school year. Much more doable than WashU would have been... screw them and their 11k scholarship, even though they were very beautiful and wooed me very nicely.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”