Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
even2flow

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:37 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:This is very interesting. I am older than my boyfriend and often get referred to as a cougar. I'll be sure to correct people now, informing them that I am, in fact, a puma.

You're welcome. If the age difference is significant, though, you still robbed the cradle.

nymario

Postby nymario » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:39 pm

even2flow wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:This is very interesting. I am older than my boyfriend and often get referred to as a cougar. I'll be sure to correct people now, informing them that I am, in fact, a puma.

You're welcome. If the age difference is significant, though, you still robbed the cradle.

or as billy idol would say:
rocked the cradle....of love

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:41 pm

even2flow wrote:

Ha, it's really not. In fact, as of yesterday and until late May, we are only 1 number year apart. I think people are just more shocked when women date younger men.

nymario wrote:or as billy idol would say:
rocked the cradle....of love.

Wouldn't Bret Michaels say that?

Aston2412

Postby Aston2412 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:45 pm

even2flow wrote:I wish I knew, my guess is one of the following:

- The trendy bars that I can't get in to
- The weight room in the gym, just kinda hanging out.
- Coffee shops in down town type areas.

I obviously fail at finding them, otherwise you guys probably never would have met me because I would be doing everything in my power to trick a successful woman into marrying me.

Sometimes I wish I could fake a pregnancy.

If Glee has taught us anything it's that faking a pregnancy will not work out.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:50 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
Ha, it's really not. In fact, as of yesterday and until late May, we are only 1 number year apart. I think people are just more shocked when women date younger men.

Cradle robber. 8)

Aston2412 wrote:If Glee has taught us anything it's that faking a pregnancy will not work out.

I've never seen Glee, but if The Simpsons has taught me anything it's that my Get-Rich-Quick schemes never fail.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:58 pm

even2flow wrote:I've never seen Glee, but if The Simpsons has taught me anything it's that my Get-Rich-Quick schemes never fail.

I've got a contact in the grease business, are you in???

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:01 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
even2flow wrote:I've never seen Glee, but if The Simpsons has taught me anything it's that my Get-Rich-Quick schemes never fail.

I like the cut of your gib Senor Pennypacker.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:03 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

If I could get YouTube here I'd find the clip where he walks into the fast food place and goes "Kid, you must be a gold mine. Look at all that grease."

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:06 pm

even2flow wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

If I could get YouTube here I'd find the clip where he walks into the fast food place and goes "Kid, you must be a gold mine. Look at all that grease."

Grease is money? Woo hoo, my arteries are filled with yellow gold!

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:08 pm

even2flow wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

Ask and you shall receive

http://www.movieweb.com/tv/TEKqYLPRIu0z ... sligR3Kiji

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:12 pm

I can't watch it at work, no adobe flash player :(

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:19 pm

even2flow wrote:I can't watch it at work, no adobe flash player :(

Does your job at least have some sort of retirement grease program?

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:22 pm

I was gonna quote a line, but I couldn't pick one so I googled it and then read all of these and laughed.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0701149/quotes

Aston2412

Postby Aston2412 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:13 pm

Dunno if this works for anyone else but Gamestop has Starcraft 2 beta keys with pre-order of the game.

It's how I'm gonna try to distract myself until I hear.

badpixie

Postby badpixie » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:29 pm

Aston2412 wrote:Dunno if this works for anyone else but Gamestop has Starcraft 2 beta keys with pre-order of the game.

It's how I'm gonna try to distract myself until I hear.

There's not enough distraction in the world. I am in the middle of Disney World, and still obsessively checking email and refreshing status checkers all day long.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:34 pm

badpixie wrote:There's not enough distraction in the world. I am in the middle of Disney World, and still obsessively checking email and refreshing status checkers all day long.

I'm so jealous.

adav

Postby adav » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:45 pm

Has anybody heard from the waitlist for the full time program yet?

xokel87

Postby xokel87 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:00 pm

Last edited by xokel87 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

and the beast

Postby and the beast » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:02 pm

xokel87 wrote:Does anyone here happen to know how Catholic/conservative Fordham is? I read an older TLS thread 'how jesuit is fordham' earlier, and people said not to worry, that most Catholic schools are fine. However.. I go to an unnamed Catholic school, and I find it incredibly stifling. I hope the NYC atmosphere evens it out? Anyone know?

I don't really know, but I do know that there are more religious jews at fordham than cardozo.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:04 pm

and the beast wrote:
xokel87 wrote:Does anyone here happen to know how Catholic/conservative Fordham is? I read an older TLS thread 'how jesuit is fordham' earlier, and people said not to worry, that most Catholic schools are fine. However.. I go to an unnamed Catholic school, and I find it incredibly stifling. I hope the NYC atmosphere evens it out? Anyone know?

I don't really know, but I do know that there are more religious jews at fordham than cardozo.

haha, +1. saw more yarmulkes there than cardozo.

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:08 pm

hannah87 wrote:
and the beast wrote:

at least theres no prohibition on non-kosher food at Fordham

:roll: at religion

http://abovethelaw.com/2009/10/one-3ls-anti-kosher-crusade-at-cardozo/

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:14 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
and the beast wrote:

at least theres no prohibition on non-kosher food at Fordham

:roll: at religion

http://abovethelaw.com/2009/10/one-3ls-anti-kosher-crusade-at-cardozo/

ehh, that's a bit strange, but when i clicked the link, i thought it was going to say that students aren't allowed to eat non-kosher (not "unkosher") food on campus. i also think the student was overreacting just a tad?

xokel87

Postby xokel87 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:40 pm

Last edited by xokel87 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:44 pm

You guys have to read this...start with the posts by darkknightbegins somewhere around a quarter down the page...

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=105026&start=450

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:45 pm

xokel87 wrote:Hannah87 (I want to call you Hannah but I have no idea if that's your actual name) I read you put down $$ at Fordham - have you looked where you're living at all? I'm just online looking at apartments now. Have you/has anyone seen the Fordham ones? I heard they're underwhelming??

haha, Hannah is my name. i'm very creative when it comes to usernames, as you can tell.

I currently have an apartment in brooklyn, so i will be staying here for the time being. i also heard that the Fordham housing is underwhelming, but have not seen it myself. are you looking on craigslist?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”