Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rockthelaw

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby rockthelaw » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:43 am

Aston2412 wrote:Hey all I just discovered the site yesterday and found out I'm in the same boat as all of you - waiting on Fordham!

I didn't go complete until 3/8 so I'm sure I've got awhile longer to wait.

Fordham was a bit of a reach for me (160 3.83) but I was hoping my double major (religious studies and political science), two years of varsity athletics and a past congressional internship might help.

Happy to be in good company if not happy to be stressing over what I'm doing 4 months from now.

Welcome. Sit back and get comfortable.

Mattalones

Postby Mattalones » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:56 pm

I am admitted but feel like I am in the wait room b/c the only information they have on me is that I have been admitted, but nothing else ... Not in their records otherwise :-/

They are currently trying to see if I actually exist ... certainly hope so. What a waist of life the past 20+ years would have been if it turns out that I don't even exist! :lol:

Here's to hope
--ImageRemoved--

SaintClarence27

Postby SaintClarence27 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:13 pm

I think next week you'll see big movement on the W/L.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:17 pm

SaintClarence27 wrote:I think next week you'll see big movement on the W/L.

I'll believe big movement when I actually see it.

richardhelms

Postby richardhelms » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:46 pm

Mattalones wrote:I am admitted but feel like I am in the wait room b/c the only information they have on me is that I have been admitted, but nothing else ... Not in their records otherwise :-/

They are currently trying to see if I actually exist ... certainly hope so. What a waist of life the past 20+ years would have been if it turns out that I don't even exist! :lol:

Here's to hope
--ImageRemoved--

Amen to hope.
Hope is what I feel when there is no ding from Fordham at the end of day.

Mattalones

Postby Mattalones » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:47 pm

richardhelms wrote:Amen to hope.
Hope is what I feel when there is no ding from Fordham at the end of day.

I'll keep hoping that they dont rescind their offer.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:02 pm

I'll keep hoping that my application didn't fall behind a radiator.

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:10 pm

Andy DuFresne had hope. "Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

That's for us older folks on here. Look it up, kids. :wink:

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:12 pm

tommytahoe wrote:Andy DuFresne had hope. "Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

Great. Let me put up a poster and grab a spoon - maybe I can DIG my way into Fordham.

starsong

Postby starsong » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:13 pm

nygrrrl wrote:I'll keep hoping that my application didn't fall behind a radiator.

Sorry for the ignorance, but you've been waiting months right? Have you asked them what's up?

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:17 pm

Last edited by nygrrrl on Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:19 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
tommytahoe wrote:Andy DuFresne had hope. "Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

Great. Let me put up a poster and grab a spoon - maybe I can DIG my way into Fordham.

Hilarious. Well, even if it takes you ten years to dig, at least you know your application will still be "Complete."

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:19 pm

tommytahoe wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:

Hilarious. Well, even if it takes you ten years to dig, at least you know your application will still be "Complete."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:33 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW0bb2wx ... r_embedded

we could all be watching this next spring...

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:35 pm

AWESOME H.E.P. Exactly the smile I needed.

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:37 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW0bb2wxH5Y&feature=player_embedded

we could all be watching this next spring...

Unreal.

SaintClarence27

Postby SaintClarence27 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:02 pm

I wish I could transfer my acceptance to one of you nice folks. As it is, I'm withdrawing today.

Aston2412

Postby Aston2412 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:55 pm

SaintClarence27 wrote:I wish I could transfer my acceptance to one of you nice folks. As it is, I'm withdrawing today.

Well in some way you're moving everyone still waiting up by 1 - thanks!

Everytime I look at LSN and see someone has withdrawn from Fordham I send them a telepathic thank-you.

Hey-O

Postby Hey-O » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:52 pm

I was admitted more than three weeks ago and nothing. I just them an email asking for info. Are they trying to weed people out by not sending them anything before deposit deadlines at other schools?

Mattalones

Postby Mattalones » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:36 pm

Hey-O wrote:I was admitted more than three weeks ago and nothing. I just them an email asking for info. Are they trying to weed people out by not sending them anything before deposit deadlines at other schools?

Same here. I am not sure if that makes sense, though. They only accept people who they actually want there. They would just reject or wait list if what you said were the case. I think that they are just swamped with all of the activity in admissions this year. Understandable, but annoying.

France121069

Postby France121069 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:58 pm

Ugh. Denied just now via status checker. Not surprised, though. Applied PT, 160, 3.4, really good softs, work experience etc. but oh well. No fun in any event but what can you do.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:16 pm

France121069 wrote:Ugh. Denied just now via status checker. Not surprised, though. Applied PT, 160, 3.4, really good softs, work experience etc. but oh well. No fun in any event but what can you do.

so sorry, France :shock: . where do you think you're headed?

France121069

Postby France121069 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:25 pm

hannah87 wrote:
France121069 wrote:Ugh. Denied just now via status checker. Not surprised, though. Applied PT, 160, 3.4, really good softs, work experience etc. but oh well. No fun in any event but what can you do.

Oh, dear. You all will make fun of me but I need to get used to saying it so here goes. NYLS. I got into Brooklyn but NYLS gave me $$$. I'm also not a traditional student as I am older, with an MBA (and the debt that goes along with it) and already work in a super small law firm doing exactly what I want to get a law degree to do and where they have offered both to SERIOUSLY accommodate my schedule AND to hire me as an attorney when I am done at school (NYLS is also my boss' alma matter). I know that NYLS doesn't have a good reputation for people who need a strong alumni or biglaw connection, but for me, it really doesn't matter. I need to get the degree and pass the bar when it's over. Fordham was a bit of a pipe dream but worth the shot. So, yea, NYLS (with my head mostly held high). :roll: :)

Hey-O

Postby Hey-O » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:31 pm

France121069 wrote:
hannah87 wrote:

Oh, dear. You all will make fun of me but I need to get used to saying it so here goes. NYLS. I got into Brooklyn but NYLS gave me $$$. I'm also not a traditional student as I am older, with an MBA (and the debt that goes along with it) and already work in a super small law firm doing exactly what I want to get a law degree to do and where they have offered both to SERIOUSLY accommodate my schedule AND to hire me as an attorney when I am done at school (NYLS is also my boss' alma matter). I know that NYLS doesn't have a good reputation for people who need a strong alumni or biglaw connection, but for me, it really doesn't matter. I need to get the degree and pass the bar when it's over. Fordham was a bit of a pipe dream but worth the shot. So, yea, NYLS (with my head mostly held high). :roll: :)

This sounds like a perfect situation for you. I think that people at TLS are too snobby. Too many of them base their self worth on where they got into law school. Congrats on the $$$. Also kudos for going to law school later in life.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:44 pm

France121069 wrote:Oh, dear. You all will make fun of me but I need to get used to saying it so here goes. NYLS. I got into Brooklyn but NYLS gave me $$$. I'm also not a traditional student as I am older, with an MBA (and the debt that goes along with it) and already work in a super small law firm doing exactly what I want to get a law degree to do and where they have offered both to SERIOUSLY accommodate my schedule AND to hire me as an attorney when I am done at school (NYLS is also my boss' alma matter). I know that NYLS doesn't have a good reputation for people who need a strong alumni or biglaw connection, but for me, it really doesn't matter. I need to get the degree and pass the bar when it's over. Fordham was a bit of a pipe dream but worth the shot. So, yea, NYLS (with my head mostly held high). :roll: :)

Well France, I don't see ANY reason to make fun of you - in fact, I'm envious!!!! You're going to have a great job with limited debt.... I think this sounds fantastic. CONGRATULATIONS and really, best of luck with everything!!!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”