Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rockthelaw

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby rockthelaw » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:41 am

nymario wrote:http://lawschoolnumbers.com/flowylime
Fordham University F WL, Accepted A EA PT 10-09-09 10-09-09 10-15-09 12-14-09 13 hours

Interesting.

I remember flowylime posting a while back. I think what happened was that she was supposed to receive an acceptance, was miscoded, and then the admissions office fixed the coding. So, she probably isn't technically a waitlist-to-accept.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:43 am

rockthelaw wrote:
Fordham University F WL, Accepted A EA PT 10-09-09 10-09-09 10-15-09 12-14-09 13 hours

Interesting.

I remember flowylime posting a while back. I think what happened was that she was supposed to receive an acceptance, was miscoded, and then the admissions office fixed the coding. So, she probably isn't technically a waitlist-to-accept.

I believe Rock is correct, and I think there were one or two others that had similar stories.

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:46 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:

Interesting.

I believe Rock is correct, and I think there were one or two others that had similar stories.

Oh I know I'm right, HEP.

tamlyric

Postby tamlyric » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:47 am

Good luck to all still waiting! Hopefully the wait ends today. :D

Even if another wait on the list of waiters begins...

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:51 am

rockthelaw wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:

Interesting.

Wow, shots fired!

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:53 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

Wow, shots fired!

:D

Be warned.

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:59 am

I'll be off TLS most of the day, but I just wanted to wish everyone in this thread, especially my dear Nygrrrl, the very best of luck. It's almost a year to the day since I got in, and it should be time.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:02 am

OperaSoprano wrote:I'll be off TLS most of the day, but I just wanted to wish everyone in this thread, especially my dear Nygrrrl, the very best of luck. It's almost a year to the day since I got in, and it should be time.

+1

And Rock, just scheduled an 8:30 tee time on Friday morning. Take that!

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:08 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:I'll be off TLS most of the day, but I just wanted to wish everyone in this thread, especially my dear Nygrrrl, the very best of luck. It's almost a year to the day since I got in, and it should be time.

+1

HEP FTW.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:21 am

rockthelaw wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

+1

HEP FTW.

+1
and thank you Opera for all of your support, advice and information this cycle! It's almost over! wheeeee

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:40 am

OperaSoprano wrote:It's almost a year to the day since I got in, and it should be time.

+10000

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:42 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:And Rock, just scheduled an 8:30 tee time on Friday morning. Take that!

I'm going to see Jack's Mannequin on Friday, wooo? I've never really heard them but my friend said they're good, playing RI, we have no plans on getting back or anywhere to crash, but I'm always up for an adventure.

Ugh, I don't want to be at work today. After subsisting entirely on PBR, whiskey, and bar food for the last 72 hours my body is very angry at me right now. Hopefully the news today is good.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:45 am

even2flow wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:And Rock, just scheduled an 8:30 tee time on Friday morning. Take that!

I'm going to see Jack's Mannequin on Friday, wooo? I've never really heard them but my friend said they're good, playing RI, we have no plans on getting back or anywhere to crash, but I'm always up for an adventure.

Ugh, I don't want to be at work today. After subsisting entirely on PBR, whiskey, and bar food for the last 72 hours my body is very angry at me right now. Hopefully the news today is good.

I've never seen them but a bunch of my Boston friends are big fans. What are your favorite places to go in Boston? When I'm up there, we usually end up at either the Cask or Kitty O'sheas cause we have friends that work there (even though I don't really like Kittys). I went to this place called the Middle East a few weeks back, it was a real hipster scene but still a good time.

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:45 am

even2flow wrote:

My sister loves that band. I think they attract a primarily teenage crowd, so if you're into that kinda thing, you're in luck.

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:49 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:I went to this place called the Middle East a few weeks back, it was a real hipster scene but still a good time.

My buddy went to see a show there about two years ago, got too drunk and missed the show, ended up in a fist fight outside with his roommate (who was also blackout drunk), after which another friend dumped them in a cab. He and the roommate only remember the fist fight because the helping friend recounted the story to them the next day.

He claims he was only drinking from 9:45-11:45. I'm not sure if I'm impressed at the speed at which he arrived at Blackout City, or horrified.

When I went to that bar a few years ago, I had a good (though much more sober) time.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:52 am

rockthelaw wrote: I'm not sure if I'm impressed at the speed at which he arrived at Blackout City, or horrified.

We've all been known to hop on the express train to Blackout City at least once.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:12 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:I've never seen them but a bunch of my Boston friends are big fans. What are your favorite places to go in Boston? When I'm up there, we usually end up at either the Cask or Kitty O'sheas cause we have friends that work there (even though I don't really like Kittys). I went to this place called the Middle East a few weeks back, it was a real hipster scene but still a good time.

In this post I determine that spend too much time at bars:

Favorite bars kinda change though. I mostly hang out in Allston/Brighton which is a huge hipster scene. I tend to frequent Our House. Great Scott is a cool hipster bar that has tons of live music come through there. The BU student bars are near there too (973, White Horse). Sunset Grill is right next door to that and they have a stupidly large number of beers on tap and in bottles. Next time you go to Boston you HAVE to try that.

I've been trying to venture out more by going down to Boylston St. where there's a bunch of good bars pretty much all along it, like Pour House, and I was at...Cactus Club (I think is the name) this weekend. Fantastic margaritas and I fell in love with the bartender. If you find your way to The Alley (by the movie theatre) theres a few bars tucked away that are...interesting. The Liquor Store (one of the bars) has a mechanical bull, so if you're feelin pervy you can watch girls ride it, but the drinks will cost you your first born child. At most of these bars its a good female/male ratio, but the dudes tend to get a bit aggressive. There's another called Seawater cafe (I think? it's right across the alley) which is a little bit more normal, and usually have some live music downstairs.

I went to a bar called The Prohibited on sat, which is sposed to resemble a speakeasy, including the moving bookshelf of a door you need to use to get in. That was pretty cool but there was no crowd that night.

Then there's downtown, like the Kitty O'Shea's, but that's kinda similar to The Liquor Store, loud music, crowded bar, have to wear shoes (no sandals). Places like that aren't really my scene. Ned Divine's is a good time down there. They break it up so once half is a live band and the other is loud club music. Other than that I don't frequent down there cause when you get out of the bar at 2 AM you're gonna fight tooth and nail for a cab, and could be stranded for hoooours.

I saw a show at Middle East a few years ago. It was pretty cool, I've been meaning to try to make it back, but I don't recognize most of teh bands over there and Cambridge can be a pain to get to from my apt.

There's more on like Tremont St. that I haven't really been to, but I'm gonna try to soon.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:15 am

rockthelaw wrote:I think they attract a primarily teenage crowd, so if you're into that kinda thing, you're in luck.

Ugh, dammit. Oh well, I've only been to RI like twice, I'll just use this as an excuse to see somewhere new.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:28 am

even2flow wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:I've never seen them but a bunch of my Boston friends are big fans. What are your favorite places to go in Boston? When I'm up there, we usually end up at either the Cask or Kitty O'sheas cause we have friends that work there (even though I don't really like Kittys). I went to this place called the Middle East a few weeks back, it was a real hipster scene but still a good time.

Favorite bars kinda change though. I mostly hang out in Allston/Brighton which is a huge hipster scene. I tend to frequent Our House. Great Scott is a cool hipster bar that has tons of live music come through there. The BU student bars are near there too (973, White Horse). Sunset Grill is right next door to that and they have a stupidly large number of beers on tap and in bottles. Next time you go to Boston you HAVE to try that.

I've been trying to venture out more by going down to Boylston St. where there's a bunch of good bars pretty much all along it, like Pour House, and I was at...Cactus Club (I think is the name) this weekend. Fantastic margaritas and I fell in love with the bartender. If you find your way to The Alley (by the movie theatre) theres a few bars tucked away that are...interesting. The Liquor Store (one of the bars) has a mechanical bull, so if you're feelin pervy you can watch girls ride it, but the drinks will cost you your first born child. At most of these bars its a good female/male ratio, but the dudes tend to get a bit aggressive. There's another called Seawater cafe (I think? it's right across the alley) which is a little bit more normal, and usually have some live music downstairs.

I went to a bar called The Prohibited on sat, which is sposed to resemble a speakeasy, including the moving bookshelf of a door you need to use to get in. That was pretty cool but there was no crowd that night.

Then there's downtown, like the Kitty O'Shea's, but that's kinda similar to The Liquor Store, loud music, crowded bar, have to wear shoes (no sandals). Places like that aren't really my scene. Ned Divine's is a good time down there. They break it up so once half is a live band and the other is loud club music. Other than that I don't frequent down there cause when you get out of the bar at 2 AM you're gonna fight tooth and nail for a cab, and could be stranded for hoooours.

I saw a show at Middle East a few years ago. It was pretty cool, I've been meaning to try to make it back, but I don't recognize most of teh bands over there and Cambridge can be a pain to get to from my apt.

There's more on like Tremont St. that I haven't really been to, but I'm gonna try to soon.

I've been to the White Horse, a buddy of mine used to live right down the street from there. And you're right, Cactus Club has great margaritas. I will definitely try to check out the Sunset Grill, I love trying new beers. I've been to the Beer Works a few times, but it's usually too crowded.

Bailarina08

Postby Bailarina08 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:30 am

even2flow wrote:

I don't know what you're looking for, but the crowd at Liquor Store is really skeevy IMO. Gypsy Bar is nicer, and the cover is half the price. Middlesex in Cambridge is a really good time too.

fitzgerald86

Postby fitzgerald86 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:30 am

Thank you for your Boston bar advice even2flow. . . am a Bostonian but haven't been back in years. Will be there at BC Law if I don't manage to get off the Fordham waitlist. . .

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:34 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote: I've been to the Beer Works a few times, but it's usually too crowded.

Ohhh yeah I love Beer Works. Jillian's is right down the st. and has a bowling alley, pool tables, etc. It's also a good time.

Bailarina08 wrote:I don't know what you're looking for, but the crowd at Liquor Store is really skeevy IMO. Gypsy Bar is nicer, and the cover is half the price. Middlesex in Cambridge is a really good time too.

Yeah, I meant to more heavily imply that the Liquor Store crowd is creepy, guess that didn't come across as much as I'd like.

fitzgerald86 wrote:Thank you for your Boston bar advice even2flow. . . am a Bostonian but haven't been back in years. Will be there at BC Law if I don't manage to get off the Fordham waitlist. . .

No worries. I'm on the BC waitlist, and am still no decision from Fordham, so I may be sticking around Boston :mrgreen:

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:36 am

even2flow wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote: I've been to the Beer Works a few times, but it's usually too crowded.

Ohhh yeah I love Beer Works. Jillian's is right down the st. and has a bowling alley, pool tables, etc. It's also a good time.

Bailarina08 wrote:I don't know what you're looking for, but the crowd at Liquor Store is really skeevy IMO. Gypsy Bar is nicer, and the cover is half the price. Middlesex in Cambridge is a really good time too.

Yeah, I meant to more heavily imply that the Liquor Store crowd is creepy, guess that didn't come across as much as I'd like.

fitzgerald86 wrote:Thank you for your Boston bar advice even2flow. . . am a Bostonian but haven't been back in years. Will be there at BC Law if I don't manage to get off the Fordham waitlist. . .

No worries. I'm on the BC waitlist, and am still no decision from Fordham, so I may be sticking around Boston :mrgreen:

What's the big piano bar? Jake Ivory's? We had a school thing there my senior year, it was a pretty good time. They had cheap buckets of beer and piano bars in general are awesome.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:05 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:What's the big piano bar? Jake Ivory's? We had a school thing there my senior year, it was a pretty good time. They had cheap buckets of beer and piano bars in general are awesome.

Oh yeah I haven't been there in years. I'm pretty sure they closed it though.

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:58 pm

So, we've generally seen Fordham updates in the early to mid afternoon time. Maybe there'll be some today...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”