Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
monkey85

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby monkey85 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:11 am

Did not send in my 1st security deposit = I am not going to Fordham. Hope my seat goes to one of you!

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:13 am

timertimer61 wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
timertimer61 wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:I talked to admissions today, and wanted to reconfirm that the PT class will be 80 people this year.

wait on my acceptance letter from october, it says that there will be about 160 entering evening students for fall of 2010...so did they cut it down to 80 midway into the admissions process?

They must have. They didn't say anything to us. I pride myself on knowing what's going on, and I only knew rumors myself, so I decided to do something about that. My guess is that the decision can't be more than a few months old.

do you think they will change the policy in switching pt to ft at all?

I don't know, honestly. I would recommend asking DB directly.

iiifly

Postby iiifly » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:58 am

Oh Great. So what I understand from here is that a 3.5 and a 159 now definitely has a snowball's chance in hell on for the PT program...

Bearcat

Postby Bearcat » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:30 pm

So I was waiting on Fordham PT with my 169/2.43 with hopes of getting in. I should reassess my situation and give up Fordham for this cycle and the next year as well? I was planning on keeping my job and applying extra early next cycle but now I'm not even sure if that's a good plan. Any ideas?

OneKnight

Postby OneKnight » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:43 pm

Withdrew with 5K/year. Good luck everyone!

lawskan

Postby lawskan » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:11 am

Hi,

Does anyone know if they send you an e-mail when you get rejected? I just checked my status checker and it says I'm rejected, decision date 4/16, but no e-mail. I've heard of people getting inadvertent rejections/scholarships from Fordham especially. I'm kinda surprised to get a flat out rejection (165, 3.9) not even a waitlist, and not sure if this is a mistake?? Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

If true, seems like they're really pissed about the new US news rankings and are tightening up.

complete 2/8, for FT fwiw

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:19 am

lawskan wrote:Hi,

Does anyone know if they send you an e-mail when you get rejected? I just checked my status checker and it says I'm rejected, decision date 4/16, but no e-mail. I've heard of people getting inadvertent rejections/scholarships from Fordham especially. I'm kinda surprised to get a flat out rejection (165, 3.9) not even a waitlist, and not sure if this is a mistake?? Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

If true, seems like they're really pissed about the new US news rankings and are tightening up.

complete 2/8, for FT fwiw

Wow!
Is there anything (and I don't mean to be presumptuous here) that makes your app. look distinctly unappealing? I mean, did you write an arrogant and/or flat-out dull PS or something? LoL

Hmmm. I'm 163, 3.8, so if yours is true, my goose is cooked, garnished, served and digested.

lawskan

Postby lawskan » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:32 am

Nope, very nice PS with great softs, 2 yrs work experience, etc.... got in everywhere else which is the weirdest part. I'm hoping it's a mistake but I guess I won't find out until Monday.....

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:01 am

lawskan wrote:Nope, very nice PS with great softs, 2 yrs work experience, etc.... got in everywhere else which is the weirdest part. I'm hoping it's a mistake but I guess I won't find out until Monday.....

Ouch. Must be a mistake, or else they've gone mad over there.

Cosmo Kramer

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:47 pm

samiam123 wrote:
Cosmo Kramer wrote:to my fellow late applicants, fordham says there is a big batch of responses coming out around monday or tuesday so be on the lookout

thanks for that info, when are you complete since?

went complete march 1, which I believe is the deadline and I was told I should have a response so I'm guessing everyone will hear by then.

badpixie

Postby badpixie » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:20 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
Zapatero wrote:Am I the only person who went complete in November and has yet to hear anything at all?

:: sneaks in. looks around. takes deep breath. ::
Me. 22 weeks, no decision whatsoever.
:: runs away ::

So good to see you NYGrrrl!! Still waiting to hear something here too. Hope next week brings good news to all of us still waiting!

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:35 pm

badpixie wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
Zapatero wrote:Am I the only person who went complete in November and has yet to hear anything at all?

So good to see you NYGrrrl!! Still waiting to hear something here too. Hope next week brings good news to all of us still waiting!

You too, Pixie!! I think we'll hear a lot this week... gulp. Will be hoping for all of us, as well!!!

sibley

Postby sibley » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:40 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
badpixie wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:

You too, Pixie!! I think we'll hear a lot this week... gulp. Will be hoping for all of us, as well!!!

good luck, my frenemy =)

lawschoolprospect1

Postby lawschoolprospect1 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:44 pm

I'm confused. Didn't the LSAT 25-75% go up this year from last year? Why would this result in taking measures to boost LSATs?

pilawpcv

Postby pilawpcv » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:15 am

If one applies for the day program, does the admissions office every call/email and offer a part time position instead? I'm trying to decide which one I would apply to, and I'm sort of hoping I could hedge my bets :-)

Also, can you do a dual degree if you're in the evening programs?

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:40 am

pilawpcv wrote:
Also, can you do a dual degree if you're in the evening programs?

Yes, I believe so. I'm pretty sure you can do almost everything the FT students can do (study abroad, law review, etc.)

evilgenius

Postby evilgenius » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:53 am

Decision Status: Your file has been waitlisted.

I'm so happy to hear something, but the waitlist is my worst nightmare. It's like purgatory. No worse - its like being on 'Lost'.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:59 am

evilgenius wrote:Decision Status: Your file has been waitlisted.

I'm so happy to hear something, but the waitlist is my worst nightmare. It's like purgatory. No worse - its like being on 'Lost'.

Sorry to hear that Evil! FT/PT?

evilgenius

Postby evilgenius » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:07 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

PT. And it's fine. I'm actually very grateful that Fordham seriously considered my application. With my #'s, I really didn't expect them to. Almost every school that I applied to was a reach and I was accepted by most of them. I'm a little nervous about going back to school, but the results of this cycle (even the Fordham waitlist) have helped boost my confidence a little.

ODBCP

Postby ODBCP » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:42 am

evilgenius wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

PT. And it's fine. I'm actually very grateful that Fordham seriously considered my application. With my #'s, I really didn't expect them to. Almost every school that I applied to was a reach and I was accepted by most of them. I'm a little nervous about going back to school, but the results of this cycle (even the Fordham waitlist) have helped boost my confidence a little.

Care to PM stats? I've been hanging in limbo with Fordham PT for a few months and it's getting a little anxious. Thanks.

richardhelms

Postby richardhelms » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:42 am

Cosmo Kramer wrote:
samiam123 wrote:
Cosmo Kramer wrote:to my fellow late applicants, fordham says there is a big batch of responses coming out around monday or tuesday so be on the lookout

thanks for that info, when are you complete since?

went complete march 1, which I believe is the deadline and I was told I should have a response so I'm guessing everyone will hear by then.

Also went complete March 1. Wishing everyone luck this week.

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:35 pm

Anything? Anyone?

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:40 pm

rockthelaw wrote:Anything? Anyone?

My fantasy baseball team (The Bushwood Country Clubbers) is in first place. This appears to be the only news out there today.

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:46 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

My fantasy baseball team (The Bushwood Country Clubbers) is in first place. This appears to be the only news out there today.

That's yesterday's news. I saw that on the ESPN ticker last night.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:49 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

That's yesterday's news. I saw that on the ESPN ticker last night.

True, I just wanted to brag.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”