Fordham Waiting Room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ryguy

Bronze

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Post by ryguy » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:41 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:Deposit sent.

Barring any waitlist miracles ill be in the city next year.
Did you receive your financial aid pkg. before you sent in your depsoit?

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:42 pm

ryguy wrote:

No. I did not receive a package.

ryguy

Bronze

Post by ryguy » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:44 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
ryguy wrote:

So, you are not concerned with the COA?

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:45 pm

ryguy wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:
ryguy wrote:

So, you are not concerned with the COA?
PM

jl2032

Bronze

Post by jl2032 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:46 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
ryguy wrote:

They had called me last Monday to ask for some extra information since they wanted to "turn this around very quickly", and I sent them the info right away. I just wrote them to say I need to see it before I send in my deposit.

I don't expect to get much.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ryguy

Bronze

Post by ryguy » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Even when you "get money" you should know the COA, I think.

jl2032

Bronze

Post by jl2032 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:56 pm

ryguy wrote:Even when you "get money" you should know the COA, I think.
+1

The amounts you're allowed to borrow, the expected tuition, loan fees, books, etc. It should all be sent to us BEFORE we put down a deposit.

danidancer

Silver

Post by danidancer » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:58 pm

jl2032 wrote:
+1

The amounts you're allowed to borrow, the expected tuition, loan fees, books, etc. It should all be sent to us BEFORE we put down a deposit.
At the financial aid breakout during the ASD they said they expect 10-11 tuition to be 46ish and the full COA to be around 72ish. They should be setting the official cost soon.

NervousInKC

Bronze

Post by NervousInKC » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:59 pm

Does the status go straight from complete to DR? Or is there an Under Eval stage?

Sorry if this has already been answered, I had a little trouble finding the answer in the thread.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:02 pm

NervousInKC wrote:Does the status go straight from complete to DR? Or is there an Under Eval stage?

Sorry if this has already been answered, I had a little trouble finding the answer in the thread.
Complete------> decision

nothing in between and ur status checker will change to reveal the decison

NervousInKC

Bronze

Post by NervousInKC » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:19 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
NervousInKC wrote:Does the status go straight from complete to DR? Or is there an Under Eval stage?

Complete------> decision

nothing in between and ur status checker will change to reveal the decison
Thanks so much! Hopefully I hear soon :)

ryguy

Bronze

Post by ryguy » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:33 pm

danidancer wrote:
jl2032 wrote:
+1

At the financial aid breakout during the ASD they said they expect 10-11 tuition to be 46ish and the full COA to be around 72ish. They should be setting the official cost soon.
"ish" figures make me nervous. I just want to know how much the COA is end of story, before I put a deposit down.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:49 pm

ryguy wrote:
danidancer wrote:
jl2032 wrote:
+1

"ish" figures make me nervous. I just want to know how much the COA is end of story, before I put a deposit down.
Most schools won't have it finalized before summer. I remember the exact circumstances of ours, because Columbia's posted a few days later, and then we had a battle with them on TLS. It was the silliest thing, but I thought they disliked us offline, and I had to be talked out of this notion by some very bemused CLS students. In sum, we'll probably all find out in May or June.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Foosters Galore

Bronze

Post by Foosters Galore » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:05 pm

My status checker informed me of my waitlist status on 3/24, and under the mailings section it stated that the Waitlist was sent out in the mail on 3/24. Its now 4/5 and no such letter has arrived. I was going to wait till I got the letter to send in an LOCI just in case. Should I just go ahead and send it in without receiving the letter?

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:07 pm

Foosters Galore wrote:My status checker informed me of my waitlist status on 3/24, and under the mailings section it stated that the Waitlist was sent out in the mail on 3/24. Its now 4/5 and no such letter has arrived. I was going to wait till I got the letter to send in an LOCI just in case. Should I just go ahead and send it in without receiving the letter?
yeah go ahead. tell them your preferences and send them the LOCI. that's what I did after I mailed the letter I got, just because. the person I emailed told me she'd make note of my preferences.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:08 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
ryguy wrote:
danidancer wrote:
jl2032 wrote:
+1

Most schools won't have it finalized before summer. I remember the exact circumstances of ours, because Columbia's posted a few days later, and then we had a battle with them on TLS. It was the silliest thing, but I thought they disliked us offline, and I had to be talked out of this notion by some very bemused CLS students. In sum, we'll probably all find out in May or June.
I like that OS has drama. I'm going to take over her early-USNews rankings postings and earn myself a pink username.

musicfor18

Silver

Post by musicfor18 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:29 am

Anyone have any idea where they are with decisions at this point? I've been complete since 2/22. Are they still looking at January apps?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:37 am

sibley wrote:earn myself a pink username.
around 8 or 9 last night I felt a cold shudder. I came online this morning and realized why :wink:

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:46 am

even2flow wrote:
sibley wrote:earn myself a pink username.
around 8 or 9 last night I felt a cold shudder. I came online this morning and realized why :wink:
=P

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:00 am

Well couldn't have asked for a better opening day. The weather was great, the Mets won, there was baseball on from 1pm to midnight. Probably my favorite day of the year.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:20 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Well couldn't have asked for a better opening day. The weather was great, the Mets won, there was baseball on from 1pm to midnight. Probably my favorite day of the year.

anddd it's raining.

pet peeve: squashed worms.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Bailarina08

New

Post by Bailarina08 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:34 am

musicfor18 wrote:Anyone have any idea where they are with decisions at this point? I've been complete since 2/22. Are they still looking at January apps?
I think something on the application said that applicants who submit after Feb 1 shouldn't expect to hear until after the end of May. I could be wrong though.

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:43 am

Bailarina08 wrote:
musicfor18 wrote:Anyone have any idea where they are with decisions at this point? I've been complete since 2/22. Are they still looking at January apps?
I think something on the application said that applicants who submit after Feb 1 shouldn't expect to hear until after the end of May. I could be wrong though.
I just went back and looked over my app / the instructions section, I didn't see anything to that effect. Maybe it's on the website somewhere.

evilgenius

Bronze

Post by evilgenius » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:43 am

I've been complete since 1/14 and still no responses, so I'm guessing they are still finishing up January apps.

nymario

Bronze

Post by nymario » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:55 am

evilgenius wrote:
I've been complete since 1/14 and still no responses, so I'm guessing they are still finishing up January apps.
I was complete 1/12 and WL 3/11, for whatever that's worth.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”