Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
ryguy
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:13 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby ryguy » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:41 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:Deposit sent.

Barring any waitlist miracles ill be in the city next year.

Did you receive your financial aid pkg. before you sent in your depsoit?

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby chicoalto0649 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:42 pm

ryguy wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:Deposit sent.

Barring any waitlist miracles ill be in the city next year.

Did you receive your financial aid pkg. before you sent in your depsoit?


No. I did not receive a package.

User avatar
ryguy
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:13 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby ryguy » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:44 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
ryguy wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:Deposit sent.

Barring any waitlist miracles ill be in the city next year.

Did you receive your financial aid pkg. before you sent in your depsoit?


No. I did not receive a package.

So, you are not concerned with the COA?

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby chicoalto0649 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:45 pm

ryguy wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:
ryguy wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:Deposit sent.

Barring any waitlist miracles ill be in the city next year.

Did you receive your financial aid pkg. before you sent in your depsoit?


No. I did not receive a package.

So, you are not concerned with the COA?


PM

User avatar
jl2032
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby jl2032 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:46 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
ryguy wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:Deposit sent.

Barring any waitlist miracles ill be in the city next year.

Did you receive your financial aid pkg. before you sent in your depsoit?


No. I did not receive a package.



They had called me last Monday to ask for some extra information since they wanted to "turn this around very quickly", and I sent them the info right away. I just wrote them to say I need to see it before I send in my deposit.

I don't expect to get much.

User avatar
ryguy
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:13 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby ryguy » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Even when you "get money" you should know the COA, I think.

User avatar
jl2032
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby jl2032 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:56 pm

ryguy wrote:Even when you "get money" you should know the COA, I think.


+1

The amounts you're allowed to borrow, the expected tuition, loan fees, books, etc. It should all be sent to us BEFORE we put down a deposit.

User avatar
danidancer
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:46 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby danidancer » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:58 pm

jl2032 wrote:
ryguy wrote:Even when you "get money" you should know the COA, I think.


+1

The amounts you're allowed to borrow, the expected tuition, loan fees, books, etc. It should all be sent to us BEFORE we put down a deposit.


At the financial aid breakout during the ASD they said they expect 10-11 tuition to be 46ish and the full COA to be around 72ish. They should be setting the official cost soon.

User avatar
NervousInKC
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:45 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby NervousInKC » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:59 pm

Does the status go straight from complete to DR? Or is there an Under Eval stage?

Sorry if this has already been answered, I had a little trouble finding the answer in the thread.

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby chicoalto0649 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:02 pm

NervousInKC wrote:Does the status go straight from complete to DR? Or is there an Under Eval stage?

Sorry if this has already been answered, I had a little trouble finding the answer in the thread.


Complete------> decision

nothing in between and ur status checker will change to reveal the decison

User avatar
NervousInKC
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:45 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby NervousInKC » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:19 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
NervousInKC wrote:Does the status go straight from complete to DR? Or is there an Under Eval stage?

Sorry if this has already been answered, I had a little trouble finding the answer in the thread.


Complete------> decision

nothing in between and ur status checker will change to reveal the decison


Thanks so much! Hopefully I hear soon :)

User avatar
ryguy
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:13 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby ryguy » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:33 pm

danidancer wrote:
jl2032 wrote:
ryguy wrote:Even when you "get money" you should know the COA, I think.


+1

The amounts you're allowed to borrow, the expected tuition, loan fees, books, etc. It should all be sent to us BEFORE we put down a deposit.


At the financial aid breakout during the ASD they said they expect 10-11 tuition to be 46ish and the full COA to be around 72ish. They should be setting the official cost soon.

"ish" figures make me nervous. I just want to know how much the COA is end of story, before I put a deposit down.

User avatar
OperaSoprano
Posts: 4410
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby OperaSoprano » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:49 pm

ryguy wrote:
danidancer wrote:
jl2032 wrote:
ryguy wrote:Even when you "get money" you should know the COA, I think.


+1

The amounts you're allowed to borrow, the expected tuition, loan fees, books, etc. It should all be sent to us BEFORE we put down a deposit.


At the financial aid breakout during the ASD they said they expect 10-11 tuition to be 46ish and the full COA to be around 72ish. They should be setting the official cost soon.

"ish" figures make me nervous. I just want to know how much the COA is end of story, before I put a deposit down.


Most schools won't have it finalized before summer. I remember the exact circumstances of ours, because Columbia's posted a few days later, and then we had a battle with them on TLS. It was the silliest thing, but I thought they disliked us offline, and I had to be talked out of this notion by some very bemused CLS students. In sum, we'll probably all find out in May or June.

Foosters Galore
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:15 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Foosters Galore » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:05 pm

My status checker informed me of my waitlist status on 3/24, and under the mailings section it stated that the Waitlist was sent out in the mail on 3/24. Its now 4/5 and no such letter has arrived. I was going to wait till I got the letter to send in an LOCI just in case. Should I just go ahead and send it in without receiving the letter?

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:07 pm

Foosters Galore wrote:My status checker informed me of my waitlist status on 3/24, and under the mailings section it stated that the Waitlist was sent out in the mail on 3/24. Its now 4/5 and no such letter has arrived. I was going to wait till I got the letter to send in an LOCI just in case. Should I just go ahead and send it in without receiving the letter?


yeah go ahead. tell them your preferences and send them the LOCI. that's what I did after I mailed the letter I got, just because. the person I emailed told me she'd make note of my preferences.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:08 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
ryguy wrote:
danidancer wrote:
jl2032 wrote:
+1

The amounts you're allowed to borrow, the expected tuition, loan fees, books, etc. It should all be sent to us BEFORE we put down a deposit.


At the financial aid breakout during the ASD they said they expect 10-11 tuition to be 46ish and the full COA to be around 72ish. They should be setting the official cost soon.

"ish" figures make me nervous. I just want to know how much the COA is end of story, before I put a deposit down.


Most schools won't have it finalized before summer. I remember the exact circumstances of ours, because Columbia's posted a few days later, and then we had a battle with them on TLS. It was the silliest thing, but I thought they disliked us offline, and I had to be talked out of this notion by some very bemused CLS students. In sum, we'll probably all find out in May or June.


I like that OS has drama. I'm going to take over her early-USNews rankings postings and earn myself a pink username.

musicfor18
Posts: 692
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:15 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby musicfor18 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:29 am

Anyone have any idea where they are with decisions at this point? I've been complete since 2/22. Are they still looking at January apps?

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:37 am

sibley wrote:earn myself a pink username.

around 8 or 9 last night I felt a cold shudder. I came online this morning and realized why :wink:

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:46 am

even2flow wrote:
sibley wrote:earn myself a pink username.

around 8 or 9 last night I felt a cold shudder. I came online this morning and realized why :wink:


=P

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:00 am

Well couldn't have asked for a better opening day. The weather was great, the Mets won, there was baseball on from 1pm to midnight. Probably my favorite day of the year.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:20 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Well couldn't have asked for a better opening day. The weather was great, the Mets won, there was baseball on from 1pm to midnight. Probably my favorite day of the year.



anddd it's raining.

pet peeve: squashed worms.

Bailarina08
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:34 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Bailarina08 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:34 am

musicfor18 wrote:Anyone have any idea where they are with decisions at this point? I've been complete since 2/22. Are they still looking at January apps?


I think something on the application said that applicants who submit after Feb 1 shouldn't expect to hear until after the end of May. I could be wrong though.

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:43 am

Bailarina08 wrote:
musicfor18 wrote:Anyone have any idea where they are with decisions at this point? I've been complete since 2/22. Are they still looking at January apps?


I think something on the application said that applicants who submit after Feb 1 shouldn't expect to hear until after the end of May. I could be wrong though.


I just went back and looked over my app / the instructions section, I didn't see anything to that effect. Maybe it's on the website somewhere.

User avatar
evilgenius
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:18 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby evilgenius » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:43 am

musicfor18 wrote:Anyone have any idea where they are with decisions at this point? I've been complete since 2/22. Are they still looking at January apps?


I've been complete since 1/14 and still no responses, so I'm guessing they are still finishing up January apps.

nymario
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nymario » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:55 am

evilgenius wrote:
musicfor18 wrote:Anyone have any idea where they are with decisions at this point? I've been complete since 2/22. Are they still looking at January apps?


I've been complete since 1/14 and still no responses, so I'm guessing they are still finishing up January apps.


I was complete 1/12 and WL 3/11, for whatever that's worth.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: arthrod, dala77, siyuanff and 3 guests