Fordham Waiting Room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
goodolgil

Silver

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Post by goodolgil » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:43 pm

169 3.85

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:44 pm

goodolgil wrote:There's actually very little ghetto in Queens aside from Jamaica,
I actually think that's where I was.

pikalove

Bronze

Post by pikalove » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:44 pm

goodolgil wrote:169 3.85
completion date, pt/ft?

and Congrats, btw :D

superflush

Silver

Post by superflush » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:46 pm

goodolgil wrote:IN!
congrats. finally some action.
This thread was turning into ITT: We talk about nyc suburbs & nyc boroughs.

goodolgil

Silver

Post by goodolgil » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:48 pm

Went complete early in November, not sure of the exact date because it doesn't show up on the checker anymore.

EDIT: oh I was FT
Last edited by goodolgil on Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:48 pm

I am so happy I got in! I didn't know they were doing PT

beebs

Bronze

Post by beebs » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:49 pm

beckstar wrote:queens is the ugly sister that keeps trying to make herself happen.
Haha!!! I am going to start using this in day-to-day conversation. I'm always looking for new ways to make fun on Queens.

PS - CONGRATS to the acceptance today! Anyone else?

Joan Hollaway

Silver

Post by Joan Hollaway » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:53 pm

superflush wrote:This thread was turning into ITT: We talk about nyc suburbs & nyc boroughs.
lol I'll never miss a chance to talk about how awesome Brooklyn is =)
Congrats goodolgil! I have very similar stats to you so hopeful i get mine soon...

goodolgil

Silver

Post by goodolgil » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:55 pm

I'm from Prospect Heights/Park Slope (2 blocks off of Flatbush, so technically the heights) but I've lived in Queens for the past year because of the cheap rent. I miss Brooklyn though. I can't even go back to the Park Slope area anymore because it's too far. Good thing (or bad thing, if you hate hipsters) Williamsburg is a stone's throw away.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

beebs

Bronze

Post by beebs » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:57 pm

goodolgil wrote:I'm from Prospect Heights/Park Slope (2 blocks off of Flatbush, so technically the heights) but I've lived in Queens for the past year because of the cheap rent. I miss Brooklyn though. I can't even go back to the Park Slope area anymore because it's too far. Good thing (or bad thing, if you hate hipsters) Williamsburg is a stone's throw away.
Love my 'burg.

beebs

Bronze

Post by beebs » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:59 pm

goodolgil wrote:I'm from Prospect Heights/Park Slope (2 blocks off of Flatbush, so technically the heights) but I've lived in Queens for the past year because of the cheap rent. I miss Brooklyn though. I can't even go back to the Park Slope area anymore because it's too far. Good thing (or bad thing, if you hate hipsters) Williamsburg is a stone's throw away.
In all seriousness, should I go to Fordham (insert plea/song/haiku here), I'm going to stay in my neighborhood. I love Williamsburg, and I think it will be nice to get away from the law school crowd. Anyone have any thoughts about staying/moving around the school?

goodolgil

Silver

Post by goodolgil » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:02 pm

Yeah I'm with you. I really have no desire to move to the city (people who aren't from NY never understand this). But having quick library access is what's tempting.

Joan Hollaway

Silver

Post by Joan Hollaway » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:05 pm

I don't think Williamsburg would be too bad a commute. I did Bay Ridge to Flatiron in college which was like a 40 min commute and its wasn't horrible, but then again I always studied at home. If i end up at Fordham or NYU I'll probably end up moving to Park Slope or Williamsburg since I don't think a 20 min commute would prevent me from studying at the Library.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

tesoro

Bronze

Post by tesoro » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:07 pm

beebs wrote:
In all seriousness, should I go to Fordham (insert plea/song/haiku here), I'm going to stay in my neighborhood. I love Williamsburg, and I think it will be nice to get away from the law school crowd. Anyone have any thoughts about staying/moving around the school?
Should I attend (likely if I get some money from them), I intend to live in the UWS. The reason being I will be an evening student working full time, and I feel that my only prayer of a social life during the week would be to live in the city and be able to hang out after classes occasionally. Granted, I don't think most other PT students have this problem because they likely arent in their early 20's and single.

jasonportwood

New

Post by jasonportwood » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:20 pm

Hey,

Joining the local gossip. I've been living in NY since the glory days of 2007 and currently live in rural Manhattan (Inwood) and work in Chelsea. Since my preference is to stay in the city, I'm trying to figure out this whole location thing also.

Although it would be nice, I don't think I need to live right near campus, and kinda think there is value in some separation, but I would like something shorter than my current commute. So NYU would probably mean something on the L in Brooklyn, Fordham would probably be my same neighborhood, and Columbia would actually mean, of all places, Morningside Heights (since real estate is relatively not bad). Too many options right now to ponder...

beebs

Bronze

Post by beebs » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:24 pm

jasonportwood wrote:Hey,

Joining the local gossip. I've been living in NY since the glory days of 2007 and currently live in rural Manhattan (Inwood) and work in Chelsea. Since my preference is to stay in the city, I'm trying to figure out this whole location thing also.

Although it would be nice, I don't think I need to live right near campus, and kinda think there is value in some separation, but I would like something shorter than my current commute. So NYU would probably mean something on the L in Brooklyn, Fordham would probably be my same neighborhood, and Columbia would actually mean, of all places, Morningside Heights (since real estate is relatively not bad). Too many options right now to ponder...
I find much joy in speculation.

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:45 pm

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:47 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
tram988 wrote:IN VIA STATUS CHECKER!! PT
Congratulations!
Would you mind posting your #s? You're the first person I know of who's been accepted to the PT program.
absolutely...pm'd....I noticed that as well...there is no other person on LSN to my knowledge right now who was accepted PT. Am I the first? An honor I must say.

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:50 pm

tram988 wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
Congratulations!
Would you mind posting your #s? You're the first person I know of who's been accepted to the PT program.
absolutely...pm'd....I noticed that as well...there is no other person on LSN to my knowledge right now who was accepted PT. Am I the first? An honor I must say.
Um... meluvmuzic was accepted PT on 11/6 with 166/3.15

so was Tesoro on 11/6 with a 165/3.52

nymets123

New

Post by nymets123 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:54 pm

tram988 wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
Congratulations!
Tram would you mind PMing me your stats as well?

also Congrats!

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:56 pm

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:58 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
tram988 wrote: absolutely...pm'd....I noticed that as well...there is no other person on LSN to my knowledge right now who was accepted PT. Am I the first? An honor I must say.

Didn't realize they were PT.
There is a search function on LSN. You can do a search based only on PT. There was a 3rd person accepted PT as well almost over a month ago.

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:02 pm

finalaspects wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
tram988 wrote: absolutely...pm'd....I noticed that as well...there is no other person on LSN to my knowledge right now who was accepted PT. Am I the first? An honor I must say.

Didn't realize they were PT.
There is a search function on LSN. You can do a search based only on PT. There was a 3rd person accepted PT as well almost over a month ago.
Ha oh well! At least I was accepted.

Core

Silver

Post by Core » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:04 pm

In at Fordham via online status checker just now! Stats and dates on LSN.

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:06 pm

Core wrote:In at Fordham via online status checker just now! Stats and dates on LSN.
Congrats :)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”