Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
goodolgil
Posts: 923
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby goodolgil » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:43 pm

169 3.85

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby NancyBotwin » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:44 pm

goodolgil wrote:There's actually very little ghetto in Queens aside from Jamaica,


I actually think that's where I was.

User avatar
pikalove
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:25 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby pikalove » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:44 pm

goodolgil wrote:169 3.85


completion date, pt/ft?

and Congrats, btw :D

User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby superflush » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:46 pm

goodolgil wrote:IN!


congrats. finally some action.
This thread was turning into ITT: We talk about nyc suburbs & nyc boroughs.

goodolgil
Posts: 923
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby goodolgil » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:48 pm

Went complete early in November, not sure of the exact date because it doesn't show up on the checker anymore.

EDIT: oh I was FT
Last edited by goodolgil on Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby tram988 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:48 pm

I am so happy I got in! I didn't know they were doing PT

User avatar
beebs
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby beebs » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:49 pm

beckstar wrote:queens is the ugly sister that keeps trying to make herself happen.


Haha!!! I am going to start using this in day-to-day conversation. I'm always looking for new ways to make fun on Queens.

PS - CONGRATS to the acceptance today! Anyone else?

User avatar
Joan Hollaway
Posts: 829
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Joan Hollaway » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:53 pm

superflush wrote:This thread was turning into ITT: We talk about nyc suburbs & nyc boroughs.


lol I'll never miss a chance to talk about how awesome Brooklyn is =)
Congrats goodolgil! I have very similar stats to you so hopeful i get mine soon...

goodolgil
Posts: 923
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby goodolgil » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:55 pm

I'm from Prospect Heights/Park Slope (2 blocks off of Flatbush, so technically the heights) but I've lived in Queens for the past year because of the cheap rent. I miss Brooklyn though. I can't even go back to the Park Slope area anymore because it's too far. Good thing (or bad thing, if you hate hipsters) Williamsburg is a stone's throw away.

User avatar
beebs
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby beebs » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:57 pm

goodolgil wrote:I'm from Prospect Heights/Park Slope (2 blocks off of Flatbush, so technically the heights) but I've lived in Queens for the past year because of the cheap rent. I miss Brooklyn though. I can't even go back to the Park Slope area anymore because it's too far. Good thing (or bad thing, if you hate hipsters) Williamsburg is a stone's throw away.


Love my 'burg.

User avatar
beebs
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby beebs » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:59 pm

goodolgil wrote:I'm from Prospect Heights/Park Slope (2 blocks off of Flatbush, so technically the heights) but I've lived in Queens for the past year because of the cheap rent. I miss Brooklyn though. I can't even go back to the Park Slope area anymore because it's too far. Good thing (or bad thing, if you hate hipsters) Williamsburg is a stone's throw away.


In all seriousness, should I go to Fordham (insert plea/song/haiku here), I'm going to stay in my neighborhood. I love Williamsburg, and I think it will be nice to get away from the law school crowd. Anyone have any thoughts about staying/moving around the school?

goodolgil
Posts: 923
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby goodolgil » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:02 pm

Yeah I'm with you. I really have no desire to move to the city (people who aren't from NY never understand this). But having quick library access is what's tempting.

User avatar
Joan Hollaway
Posts: 829
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Joan Hollaway » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:05 pm

I don't think Williamsburg would be too bad a commute. I did Bay Ridge to Flatiron in college which was like a 40 min commute and its wasn't horrible, but then again I always studied at home. If i end up at Fordham or NYU I'll probably end up moving to Park Slope or Williamsburg since I don't think a 20 min commute would prevent me from studying at the Library.

tesoro
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:10 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby tesoro » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:07 pm

beebs wrote:
goodolgil wrote:I'm from Prospect Heights/Park Slope (2 blocks off of Flatbush, so technically the heights) but I've lived in Queens for the past year because of the cheap rent. I miss Brooklyn though. I can't even go back to the Park Slope area anymore because it's too far. Good thing (or bad thing, if you hate hipsters) Williamsburg is a stone's throw away.


In all seriousness, should I go to Fordham (insert plea/song/haiku here), I'm going to stay in my neighborhood. I love Williamsburg, and I think it will be nice to get away from the law school crowd. Anyone have any thoughts about staying/moving around the school?


Should I attend (likely if I get some money from them), I intend to live in the UWS. The reason being I will be an evening student working full time, and I feel that my only prayer of a social life during the week would be to live in the city and be able to hang out after classes occasionally. Granted, I don't think most other PT students have this problem because they likely arent in their early 20's and single.

jasonportwood
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:45 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby jasonportwood » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:20 pm

Hey,

Joining the local gossip. I've been living in NY since the glory days of 2007 and currently live in rural Manhattan (Inwood) and work in Chelsea. Since my preference is to stay in the city, I'm trying to figure out this whole location thing also.

Although it would be nice, I don't think I need to live right near campus, and kinda think there is value in some separation, but I would like something shorter than my current commute. So NYU would probably mean something on the L in Brooklyn, Fordham would probably be my same neighborhood, and Columbia would actually mean, of all places, Morningside Heights (since real estate is relatively not bad). Too many options right now to ponder...

User avatar
beebs
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby beebs » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:24 pm

jasonportwood wrote:Hey,

Joining the local gossip. I've been living in NY since the glory days of 2007 and currently live in rural Manhattan (Inwood) and work in Chelsea. Since my preference is to stay in the city, I'm trying to figure out this whole location thing also.

Although it would be nice, I don't think I need to live right near campus, and kinda think there is value in some separation, but I would like something shorter than my current commute. So NYU would probably mean something on the L in Brooklyn, Fordham would probably be my same neighborhood, and Columbia would actually mean, of all places, Morningside Heights (since real estate is relatively not bad). Too many options right now to ponder...


I find much joy in speculation.

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:45 pm

.

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby tram988 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:47 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
tram988 wrote:IN VIA STATUS CHECKER!! PT

Congratulations!
Would you mind posting your #s? You're the first person I know of who's been accepted to the PT program.

absolutely...pm'd....I noticed that as well...there is no other person on LSN to my knowledge right now who was accepted PT. Am I the first? An honor I must say.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby finalaspects » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:50 pm

tram988 wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
tram988 wrote:IN VIA STATUS CHECKER!! PT

Congratulations!
Would you mind posting your #s? You're the first person I know of who's been accepted to the PT program.

absolutely...pm'd....I noticed that as well...there is no other person on LSN to my knowledge right now who was accepted PT. Am I the first? An honor I must say.


Um... meluvmuzic was accepted PT on 11/6 with 166/3.15

so was Tesoro on 11/6 with a 165/3.52

nymets123
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:19 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nymets123 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:54 pm

tram988 wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
tram988 wrote:IN VIA STATUS CHECKER!! PT

Congratulations!
Would you mind posting your #s? You're the first person I know of who's been accepted to the PT program.

absolutely...pm'd....I noticed that as well...there is no other person on LSN to my knowledge right now who was accepted PT. Am I the first? An honor I must say.


Tram would you mind PMing me your stats as well?

also Congrats!

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:56 pm

.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby finalaspects » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:58 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
tram988 wrote:absolutely...pm'd....I noticed that as well...there is no other person on LSN to my knowledge right now who was accepted PT. Am I the first? An honor I must say.


Um... meluvmuzic was accepted PT on 11/6 with 166/3.15

so was Tesoro on 11/6 with a 165/3.52

Didn't realize they were PT.


There is a search function on LSN. You can do a search based only on PT. There was a 3rd person accepted PT as well almost over a month ago.

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby tram988 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:02 pm

finalaspects wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
tram988 wrote:absolutely...pm'd....I noticed that as well...there is no other person on LSN to my knowledge right now who was accepted PT. Am I the first? An honor I must say.


Um... meluvmuzic was accepted PT on 11/6 with 166/3.15

so was Tesoro on 11/6 with a 165/3.52

Didn't realize they were PT.


There is a search function on LSN. You can do a search based only on PT. There was a 3rd person accepted PT as well almost over a month ago.


Ha oh well! At least I was accepted.

User avatar
Core
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Core » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:04 pm

In at Fordham via online status checker just now! Stats and dates on LSN.

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby tram988 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:06 pm

Core wrote:In at Fordham via online status checker just now! Stats and dates on LSN.


Congrats :)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aquinas, christinaxcarrie, espnjman, fortunecookie1, Giro423, Google Adsense [Bot], NavyNuke and 21 guests