Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
SaintClarence27

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby SaintClarence27 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:03 am

Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:05 am

SaintClarence27 wrote:
sibley wrote:
even2flow wrote:
sibley wrote:I spend 95% of my day online. Today I brought a book.

Rebel. Was it Twilight?

It's called Sarah's Key... about the Vel' d'Hiv Jewish roundup in Paris

My g/f is reading "We Need to Talk about Kevin." I have no interest. I have to be in the right mood to read something depressing. That said, my favorite book is "A Prayer for Owen Meany."

I wiki'd and they both sound terrible. I like historical fiction or YA fairytale types =P
I was on a 1900s children's book kick. listed to a lot of audio books of E Nesbitt.

SaintClarence27

Postby SaintClarence27 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:08 am

Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:11 am

SaintClarence27 wrote:
sibley wrote:
SaintClarence27 wrote:My g/f is reading "We Need to Talk about Kevin." I have no interest. I have to be in the right mood to read something depressing. That said, my favorite book is "A Prayer for Owen Meany."

I wiki'd and they both sound terrible. I like historical fiction or YA fairytale types =P
I was on a 1900s children's book kick. listed to a lot of audio books of E Nesbitt.

A Prayer for Owen Meany is the best book ever written. Try it. For serious.

meh. not big on religious fanatics, canadians, or 40 year old virgins

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:14 am

I'd probably try "Owen Meany," but "We Need to Talk About Kevin" sounds extremely unappealing. Sibley, is "Sarah's Key" good? I need to be in a very specific mood to read Holocaust stories.

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:17 am

hannah87 wrote:I'd probably try "Owen Meany," but "We Need to Talk About Kevin" sounds extremely unappealing. Sibley, is "Sarah's Key" good? I need to be in a very specific mood to read Holocaust stories.

It mostly takes place in 2007. There's only a bit about the girl Sarah and her immediate story, the rest is about an American reporter married to a frenchman and living in Paris... her personal drama (which is obnoxious) and her quest to find out more about Sarah (which is fun). You seem to get the full story of the french camps but in a 2nd hand, less personal way. there's only one part that's really tragic (plus the parts that lead up to it where her parents realize and are upset but... it's a lesser evil)... I say read it. it's alright.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:19 am

sibley wrote:
hannah87 wrote:I'd probably try "Owen Meany," but "We Need to Talk About Kevin" sounds extremely unappealing. Sibley, is "Sarah's Key" good? I need to be in a very specific mood to read Holocaust stories.

It mostly takes place in 2007. There's only a bit about the girl Sarah and her immediate story, the rest is about an American reporter married to a frenchman and living in Paris... her personal drama (which is obnoxious) and her quest to find out more about Sarah (which is fun). You seem to get the full story of the french camps but in a 2nd hand, less personal way. there's only one part that's really tragic (plus the parts that lead up to it where her parents realize and are upset but... it's a lesser evil)... I say read it. it's alright.

thanks! I'll let you know if I pick it up.

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:21 am

hannah87 wrote:
sibley wrote:

thanks! I'll let you know if I pick it up.

it was a ny times best seller, also. I'm a little bit harsh on my review of books a lot of the time.

SaintClarence27

Postby SaintClarence27 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:34 am

Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:37 am

you know how I'm struggling with school choices because of ranking v. relationship?
well I think the song Omaha by Counting Crows just suggested I do something...

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:38 am

sibley wrote:you know how I'm struggling with school choices because of ranking v. relationship?

"somewhere in middle america"?

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:40 am

hannah87 wrote:
sibley wrote:you know how I'm struggling with school choices because of ranking v. relationship?

yeah and then they say if you get right to the heart of matters it's the heart that matters more... and they think I'd better turn my ticket in and get my money back at the door.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:40 am

sibley wrote:
hannah87 wrote:

yeah and then they say if you get right to the heart of matters it's the heart that matters more... and they think I'd better turn my ticket in and get my money back at the door.

so...cardozo (or fordham, hopefully)?

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:42 am

hannah87 wrote:
sibley wrote:
hannah87 wrote:

so...cardozo (or fordham, hopefully)?

oh I don't know. how nuts would I be if I listened to a song? and yesterday someone at work gave me advice that basically quoted that song Listen to your Heart by Roxette... but she meant the opposite. she meant "he's a boy. you're 22"... blah.

starsong

Postby starsong » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:43 am

You're actually struggling with ranking vs. relationship? A ranking is a number, a relationship is more precious than anything in the world. FWIW, I'm happily giving up Berkeley for Fordham b/c NYC works better for my wife and I....it's not even a question. Ignore all the idiots on TLS that tell you otherwise.

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:46 am

sibley wrote:
oh I don't know. how nuts would I be if I listened to a song? and yesterday someone at work gave me advice that basically quoted that song Listen to your Heart by Roxette... but she meant the opposite. she meant "he's a boy. you're 22"... blah.

In the spirit of complete transparency, I applied to schools within a three state radius. Have I been planning on moving in with my boyfriend at the end of the summer the whole time? Yes. I couldn't have left him again (we were long distance for 9 months and it was awful). If this guy is worth it and you'd be miserable without him, that will translate into your ability to do well in law school far away.

And I am the least romantic person I know.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:47 am

starsong wrote:

You're actually struggling with ranking vs. relationship? A ranking is a number, a relationship is more precious than anything in the world. FWIW, I'm happily giving up Berkeley for Fordham b/c NYC works better for my wife and I....it's not even a question. Ignore all the idiots on TLS that tell you otherwise.

I agree. Though I am forcing my husband to go to UVA ASW with me to try and convince him to move there with me. Still, I would never ever move there alone and leave him in NYC.

Remember, though, that sibley isn't married so that changes things a little. But not that much, because love is love :) .

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:49 am

starsong wrote:

I know... tls lately has been messing with me. I've been thinking- what would I do if I had never come on here and never been influenced in this way? But I need to have a relationship talk with my boyfriend again...
we talk about permanency but he doesn't want to get married until he's older (he's still got at least one year of undergrad left) so we've never talked about that. but I need to have some sort of discussion about it because if we end up breaking up and I pick, say Fordham at sticker over WashU with an 11k scholarship, or Cardozo with 30k and stips over WashU 11k no stips... and both Fordham and Cardozo as regional schools... and then maybe I want to move out of the region....

but also, everyone at washu was noncompetitive and happy and had jobs.. cardozo was all "MEH!" and no jobs, and from what I hear fordham is "stepping stone to columbia????"...

and wherever I go I'll be away from him. but if I'm away from him in NYC that's easy - because he lives in Westchester and will be there for breaks. if I'm away from him in St Louis that's hard.

starsong

Postby starsong » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:52 am

hannah87 wrote:I agree. Though I am forcing my husband to go to UVA ASW with me to try and convince him to move there with me. Still, I would never ever move there alone and leave him in NYC.

Remember, though, that sibley isn't married so that changes things a little. But not that much, because love is love :) .

Wow, brave soul willing to move to the South! Grew up there, wouldn't go below northern Virginia for a million dollars... :-)

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:53 am

starsong wrote:
hannah87 wrote:I agree. Though I am forcing my husband to go to UVA ASW with me to try and convince him to move there with me. Still, I would never ever move there alone and leave him in NYC.

Wow, brave soul willing to move to the South! Grew up there, wouldn't go below northern Virginia for a million dollars... :-)

haha, i'm all talk. i've never lived outside of long island/brooklyn.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:53 am

hannah87 wrote:Remember, though, that sibley isn't married so that changes things a little.

More than a little.

Sibs, think about where you wanna be in 5 yrs, and what you want to be doing.

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:53 am

starsong wrote:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm from Queens and went to UVA for undergrad and it was awesome. WAHOOWAH!

starsong

Postby starsong » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:59 am

chutzpah wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm from Queens and went to UVA for undergrad and it was awesome. WAHOOWAH!

Yeah but you probably enjoy nice sugary-sweet people. I can't stand 'em, have to be around the mean insulting types.

H. E. Pennypacker

Re: paradise Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:42 am

even2flow wrote:Ah, Friday.

What's going on for the weekend kids?

54 holes of golf / beers / ladies 8)

even2flow

Re: paradise Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:45 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
even2flow wrote:Ah, Friday.

What's going on for the weekend kids?

54 holes of golf / beers / ladies 8)

Where the hell is this, and why wasn't I invited?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”