Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
avatard
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:30 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby avatard » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:45 pm

Yeah, you're right. The calculus is straightforward...

I am just succumbing to foolish prestige whoring. When I was 18, I didn't give a shit about anything and applied to 1 school, the big state university. Now I'm stuck on the east coast and no one gives a shit about my school or that I see the light now.

I guess I'll accept being happy with Brooklyn, do what I can, and then think about floating a transfer app at Fordham/NYU/CLS to see what happens.

I just can not afford shitty 1L grades.

User avatar
NU_Jet55
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby NU_Jet55 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:49 pm

Complete 2/2/10...No news today...Bad news?

User avatar
SaintClarence27
Posts: 700
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:48 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby SaintClarence27 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:50 pm

.
Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
NU_Jet55
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby NU_Jet55 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:57 pm

SaintClarence27 wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:Complete 2/2/10...No news today...Bad news?


You have the same completion date as I did. Did you apply just FT? The status checker worked before I got the email.


I only applied FT...

User avatar
SaintClarence27
Posts: 700
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:48 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby SaintClarence27 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:17 pm

.
Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
NU_Jet55
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby NU_Jet55 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:19 pm

SaintClarence27 wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:
SaintClarence27 wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:Complete 2/2/10...No news today...Bad news?


You have the same completion date as I did. Did you apply just FT? The status checker worked before I got the email.


I only applied FT...


I don't know that it's bad news, and unfortunately, you'll have to wait a few days with Passover.


Awesome.


Also, Easter.

joecane
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:47 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby joecane » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:44 pm

I got accepted today!!!!!! Received email mid-afternoon.

User avatar
chutzpah
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:16 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby chutzpah » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:48 pm

SaintClarence27 wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:
SaintClarence27 wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:Complete 2/2/10...No news today...Bad news?


You have the same completion date as I did. Did you apply just FT? The status checker worked before I got the email.


I only applied FT...


I don't know that it's bad news, and unfortunately, you'll have to wait a few days with Passover.


huh? its passover now and people got decisions, right?

User avatar
SaintClarence27
Posts: 700
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:48 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby SaintClarence27 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:57 pm

.
Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:57 pm

I'm terrible. I totally forgot it was passover.

joecane
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:47 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby joecane » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:58 pm

SaintClarence27 wrote:
chutzpah wrote:
SaintClarence27 wrote:
I don't know that it's bad news, and unfortunately, you'll have to wait a few days with Passover.


huh? its passover now and people got decisions, right?


The acceptance email I got this afternoon said they were going to be closed until Tuesday, so I wouldn't receive my login info email until Tuesday.


The acceptance email I received today said the same thing but about an hour later I received an email with my login info.

User avatar
danidancer
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:46 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby danidancer » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:11 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:Awesome.


Also, Easter.


It's a Jesuit school - TITCR. Tomorrow is Holy Thursday, then Good Friday, etc. Passover is just coincidental.

User avatar
SaintClarence27
Posts: 700
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:48 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby SaintClarence27 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:13 pm

.
Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby hannah87 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:21 pm

SaintClarence27 wrote:
danidancer wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:Awesome.


Also, Easter.


It's a Jesuit school - TITCR. Tomorrow is Holy Thursday, then Good Friday, etc. Passover is just coincidental.


It's New York City. Passover is never coincidental. Passover was specifically mentioned in the email sent to me.


go Passover!

starsong
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby starsong » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:42 pm

hannah87 wrote:go Passover!

+1!

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:43 pm

another reason to pick fordham over wash u... 15% jewish population to 1% jewish.

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby chicoalto0649 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:44 pm

sibley wrote:another reason to pick fordham over wash u... 15% jewish population to 1% jewish.



Fordham offered Kosher meals at the ASD.

starsong
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby starsong » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:48 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
sibley wrote:another reason to pick fordham over wash u... 15% jewish population to 1% jewish.



Fordham offered Kosher meals at the ASD.

15%? Kosher meals? nice to hear we're adequately represented!

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:49 pm

starsong wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:
sibley wrote:another reason to pick fordham over wash u... 15% jewish population to 1% jewish.



Fordham offered Kosher meals at the ASD.

15%? Kosher meals? nice to hear we're adequately represented!



oh, my percentages were for the cities as a whole. I think schools have to have larger percentages than that. at my undergrad they told everyone it was 27% to not scare away the christian kids, lol. we all knew it was really like 40%.

starsong
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby starsong » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:06 pm

sibley wrote:
starsong wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:
sibley wrote:another reason to pick fordham over wash u... 15% jewish population to 1% jewish.



Fordham offered Kosher meals at the ASD.

15%? Kosher meals? nice to hear we're adequately represented!



oh, my percentages were for the cities as a whole. I think schools have to have larger percentages than that. at my undergrad they told everyone it was 27% to not scare away the christian kids, lol. we all knew it was really like 40%.

haha classic.

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Kim617 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:30 pm

sibley wrote:another reason to pick fordham over wash u... 15% jewish population to 1% jewish.

not just jewish, but a lot were orthodox. i never saw so many yarmulkes in one place (i've never been in temple, i'm a catholic!).

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby keg411 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:38 pm

I don't know about the Law School, but WUSTL's undergrad is pretty Jewish. So I don't think it's much of a problem (although maybe not as high of a percentage as Fordham's; it is the NYC).

Anyway, if they're still reviewing Jan/early Feb files I'll probably get my rejection in June at this rate :lol: (although I suppose I could add it to my growing list of WL's and at this point I don't even know if Fordham is worth 210k).

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: paradise Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:29 am

I saw this thread change and I laughed.

User avatar
rockthelaw
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:53 am

Re: paradise Waiting Room

Postby rockthelaw » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:44 am

Yeah, definitely lol'd.

User avatar
jl2032
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: paradise Waiting Room

Postby jl2032 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:48 am

rockthelaw wrote:Yeah, definitely your attempt at humor is the most laughable thing about your post; sadly, it is not that laughable'd.


lol




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chasima, mccracal, Pomegranate27, taxman14 and 19 guests