Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
rockthelaw
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:53 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby rockthelaw » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:11 am

Foosters Galore wrote:I apologize if this has been addressed in the previous pages, but it seems that Fordahm has an extremely deep WL. Does anyone know how deep they typically reach, and do you folks think that the huge # of applicants everywhere means more people being pulled from WLs?


From what I understand, Fordham has a large waitlist because they pull deeply from it. The adcomm I talked to said that they accept a lot of people who ultimately matriculate to other schools, or simplly don't want to spend the money to attend Fordham and to live in NYC. The numbers he gave me showed that last year, there were between 400-500 people on the waitlist, and close to half got offers (not 100% sure on these numbers, though). Also, a number of people on the waitlist withdraw and opt for other schools as well. The adcomms should start to look at the waitlist after deposits are due on Apr. 15.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:14 am

rockthelaw wrote:
Foosters Galore wrote:I apologize if this has been addressed in the previous pages, but it seems that Fordahm has an extremely deep WL. Does anyone know how deep they typically reach, and do you folks think that the huge # of applicants everywhere means more people being pulled from WLs?


From what I understand, Fordham has a large waitlist because they pull deeply from it. The adcomm I talked to said that they accept a lot of people who ultimately matriculate to other schools, or simplly don't want to spend the money to attend Fordham and to live in NYC. The numbers he gave me showed that last year, there were between 400-500 people on the waitlist, and close to half got offers (not 100% sure on these numbers, though). Also, a number of people on the waitlist withdraw and opt for other schools as well. The adcomms should start to look at the waitlist after deposits are due on Apr. 15.


So I think I just put WashU over Cardozo. It's too freaking lovely and everyone has jobs lined up, summer and permanent. Praying Fordham comes through so I have an option that'll let me see my boyfriend once every blue moon.

tesoro
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:10 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby tesoro » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:51 am

sibley wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:
Foosters Galore wrote:I apologize if this has been addressed in the previous pages, but it seems that Fordahm has an extremely deep WL. Does anyone know how deep they typically reach, and do you folks think that the huge # of applicants everywhere means more people being pulled from WLs?


From what I understand, Fordham has a large waitlist because they pull deeply from it. The adcomm I talked to said that they accept a lot of people who ultimately matriculate to other schools, or simplly don't want to spend the money to attend Fordham and to live in NYC. The numbers he gave me showed that last year, there were between 400-500 people on the waitlist, and close to half got offers (not 100% sure on these numbers, though). Also, a number of people on the waitlist withdraw and opt for other schools as well. The adcomms should start to look at the waitlist after deposits are due on Apr. 15.


So I think I just put WashU over Cardozo. It's too freaking lovely and everyone has jobs lined up, summer and permanent. Praying Fordham comes through so I have an option that'll let me see my boyfriend once every blue moon.


WUSTL is beautiful. If you don't mind the midwest, it seems like a really fun place to be for school!

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:53 am

tesoro wrote:
sibley wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:
Foosters Galore wrote:I apologize if this has been addressed in the previous pages, but it seems that Fordahm has an extremely deep WL. Does anyone know how deep they typically reach, and do you folks think that the huge # of applicants everywhere means more people being pulled from WLs?


From what I understand, Fordham has a large waitlist because they pull deeply from it. The adcomm I talked to said that they accept a lot of people who ultimately matriculate to other schools, or simplly don't want to spend the money to attend Fordham and to live in NYC. The numbers he gave me showed that last year, there were between 400-500 people on the waitlist, and close to half got offers (not 100% sure on these numbers, though). Also, a number of people on the waitlist withdraw and opt for other schools as well. The adcomms should start to look at the waitlist after deposits are due on Apr. 15.


So I think I just put WashU over Cardozo. It's too freaking lovely and everyone has jobs lined up, summer and permanent. Praying Fordham comes through so I have an option that'll let me see my boyfriend once every blue moon.


WUSTL is beautiful. If you don't mind the midwest, it seems like a really fun place to be for school!


that's the issue. I mind the midwest. I've always been a little stuck up about locations, but... the issue is I can't see my boyfriend if I go there without taking a layover and both of us having to buy flights. if I'm at school in NYC I'll see him every break at no expense.

User avatar
SaintClarence27
Posts: 700
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:48 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby SaintClarence27 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:10 am

.
Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:11 am

SaintClarence27 wrote:
sibley wrote:
that's the issue. I mind the midwest. I've always been a little stuck up about locations, but... the issue is I can't see my boyfriend if I go there without taking a layover and both of us having to buy flights. if I'm at school in NYC I'll see him every break at no expense.


Southwest. STL to Buffalo $69 each way (that's what she said). Have him drive to Buffalo to pick you up! It's not as great as Indy, but the STL airport is nice.


2 hour drive plus flight =(

User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Emma. » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:12 am

sibley wrote:
SaintClarence27 wrote:
sibley wrote:
that's the issue. I mind the midwest. I've always been a little stuck up about locations, but... the issue is I can't see my boyfriend if I go there without taking a layover and both of us having to buy flights. if I'm at school in NYC I'll see him every break at no expense.


Southwest. STL to Buffalo $69 each way (that's what she said). Have him drive to Buffalo to pick you up! It's not as great as Indy, but the STL airport is nice.


2 hour drive plus flight =(


To see the guy you love? Doesn't seem that bad! :wink:

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:13 am

emrose wrote:
sibley wrote:
SaintClarence27 wrote:
sibley wrote:
that's the issue. I mind the midwest. I've always been a little stuck up about locations, but... the issue is I can't see my boyfriend if I go there without taking a layover and both of us having to buy flights. if I'm at school in NYC I'll see him every break at no expense.


Southwest. STL to Buffalo $69 each way (that's what she said). Have him drive to Buffalo to pick you up! It's not as great as Indy, but the STL airport is nice.


2 hour drive plus flight =(


To see the guy you love? Doesn't seem that bad! :wink:


it's not that bad... it's just going to make it that much more unlikely that I'll never see him

edit: lady I work with is being told that she has a midwest accent. she's an idiot. it's northern cities vowel shift and anyone from the great lakes has it. she just told the woman on the phone "I have a complete talent for picking up everything" and now the person on the phone is getting a story about where her parents are from and where her children are living. none of which are the midwest.

User avatar
rockthelaw
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:53 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby rockthelaw » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:37 am

SaintClarence27 wrote:
sibley wrote:
that's the issue. I mind the midwest. I've always been a little stuck up about locations, but... the issue is I can't see my boyfriend if I go there without taking a layover and both of us having to buy flights. if I'm at school in NYC I'll see him every break at no expense.


Southwest. STL to Buffalo $69 each way (that's what she said). Have him drive to Buffalo to pick you up! It's not as great as Indy, but the STL airport is nice.


Nice.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:38 am

rockthelaw wrote:
SaintClarence27 wrote:
sibley wrote:
that's the issue. I mind the midwest. I've always been a little stuck up about locations, but... the issue is I can't see my boyfriend if I go there without taking a layover and both of us having to buy flights. if I'm at school in NYC I'll see him every break at no expense.


Southwest. STL to Buffalo $69 each way (that's what she said). Have him drive to Buffalo to pick you up! It's not as great as Indy, but the STL airport is nice.


Nice.


lol... maybe he means his girlfriend? otherwise I don't get the joke.

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:39 am

rockthelaw wrote:
SaintClarence27 wrote:
sibley wrote:
that's the issue. I mind the midwest. I've always been a little stuck up about locations, but... the issue is I can't see my boyfriend if I go there without taking a layover and both of us having to buy flights. if I'm at school in NYC I'll see him every break at no expense.


Southwest. STL to Buffalo $69 each way (that's what she said). Have him drive to Buffalo to pick you up! It's not as great as Indy, but the STL airport is nice.


Nice.


Ditto.

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby chicoalto0649 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:41 am

SaintClarence27 wrote:
sibley wrote:
that's the issue. I mind the midwest. I've always been a little stuck up about locations, but... the issue is I can't see my boyfriend if I go there without taking a layover and both of us having to buy flights. if I'm at school in NYC I'll see him every break at no expense.


Southwest. STL to Buffalo $69 each way (that's what she said). Have him drive to Buffalo to pick you up! It's not as great as Indy, but the STL airport is nice.



Whoa, whoa, whoa. I'm from buffalo and my parents still live here....southwest flies direct to stl from buff?

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:42 am

Fordham won't let me sit in on a class if I'm on the waitlist. ugh. I don't really think it's worth going out there to visit/meet with dean brown/kristina haff if I can't see a class.

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby chicoalto0649 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:44 am

sibley wrote:Fordham won't let me sit in on a class if I'm on the waitlist. ugh. I don't really think it's worth going out there to visit/meet with dean brown/kristina haff if I can't see a class.


They won't even let you into the building unless you have an appointment...you've never seen Fordham? Wow, will be a shock after visiting wustl...

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:45 am

chicoalto0649 wrote:
sibley wrote:Fordham won't let me sit in on a class if I'm on the waitlist. ugh. I don't really think it's worth going out there to visit/meet with dean brown/kristina haff if I can't see a class.


They won't even let you into the building unless you have an appointment...you've never seen Fordham? Wow, will be a shock after visiting wustl...


I've seen Fordham. they let you in without an appointment, you just go to the admissions office and ask for a map. the map acts as your pass.

User avatar
kaydish21
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby kaydish21 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:16 am

Just to give a little hope to those waiting for aid, I just got a letter from Fordham with 10k/year guaranteed which basically pulls Fordham way ahead of Cardozo. I might try leveraging more but I'm happy with that amount considering Dean Brown told me on the ASD that they had basically given all the merit based scholarships out already.

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby chicoalto0649 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:19 am

kaydish21 wrote:Just to give a little hope to those waiting for aid, I just got a letter from Fordham with 10k/year guaranteed which basically pulls Fordham way ahead of Cardozo. I might try leveraging more but I'm happy with that amount considering Dean Brown told me on the ASD that they had basically given all the merit based scholarships out already.


Was that merit or need based

User avatar
SaintClarence27
Posts: 700
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:48 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby SaintClarence27 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:47 pm

.
Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SaintClarence27
Posts: 700
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:48 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby SaintClarence27 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:48 pm

.
Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:51 pm

SaintClarence27 wrote:
sibley wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:
SaintClarence27 wrote:
Southwest. STL to Buffalo $69 each way (that's what she said). Have him drive to Buffalo to pick you up! It's not as great as Indy, but the STL airport is nice.


Nice.


lol... maybe he means his girlfriend? otherwise I don't get the joke.


Come on! 69 EACH WAY??? It was begging for it.


oh =) right =)

scc430
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby scc430 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:08 pm

I think most people on this thread already know their status but for any 1/29 complete ppl....in via status checker today! Check your statuses!

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:09 pm

scc430 wrote:I think most people on this thread already know their status but for any 1/29 complete ppl....in via status checker today! Check your statuses!


congrats =)! what are your stats?

User avatar
SaintClarence27
Posts: 700
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:48 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby SaintClarence27 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:25 pm

.
Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:35 pm

SaintClarence27 wrote:
scc430 wrote:I think most people on this thread already know their status but for any 1/29 complete ppl....in via status checker today! Check your statuses!


So, in theory, I should know in a week (2/5 complete).


theory v. practice....

saint c aren't you supposed to be at wash u today??

User avatar
SaintClarence27
Posts: 700
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:48 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby SaintClarence27 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:49 pm

.
Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot], spursforever and 10 guests