Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
SaintClarence27

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby SaintClarence27 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:11 pm

Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:15 pm

SaintClarence27 wrote:
Kim617 wrote:Yep! I had the most amazing visit. Dean cornblatt was amazing and I got to chit chat with him a couple of times. I don't love the area that the school is in but I absolutely love the school. I just felt that we were treated so well and everyone went above and beyond. One of the directors of admissions overheard me and my mom talking about where to eat for dinner and she printed out menus and directions to some restaurants around the area and found us later on to give to us. It was just a great experience. It's not really fordham's fault that I didn't feel comfortable on the tour, it just wasn't a fit for me. Still love this thread, though :) am I kicked out?

Btw hannah, have you heard from nyu?!

I'm jealous. I was just rejected from G'Town today in what will go down in history as THE GREAT GEORGETOWN BLOODBATH OF '10!

lol yes it will. Not as bad as Fordham's, but a sneak attack so more damaging.

Waitingontheworld

Postby Waitingontheworld » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:28 pm

I'm waiting for Fordham but should I bother anticipating an acceptance? my stats are a 3.6/ivy/154 lsat. I see people with better stats getting rejected and I just got waitlisted to my safety school. Ugh. I'm so depressed. But happy for those who got in. Congrats guys!

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:29 pm

Waitingontheworld wrote:I'm waiting for Fordham but should I bother anticipating an acceptance? my stats are a 3.6/ivy/154 lsat. I see people with better stats getting rejected and I just got waitlisted to my safety school. Ugh. I'm so depressed. But happy for those who got in. Congrats guys!

O dude I am sorry. The Ivy status wont help u too much....but its a good gpa- evr consider retaking? you need about 9-10 more points to be competitive

x3sarah

Postby x3sarah » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:30 pm

td6624 wrote:
x3sarah wrote:
samiam123 wrote:fyi-

adcom is currently reviewing late january/ early february apps...sit tight boys (and girls)

Really? I was complete on 11/2/09 and I'm still waitlisted. :|

They're reviewing apps of people who haven't gotten a decision yet.

Lol. Right. I'm sorry, I didn't get enough sleep last night. However, I saw the TLS stats for Fordham and someone from the 2010 cycle got accepted off the waitlist. I guess I'm just anxious for a decision. Lol.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:39 pm

Kim617 wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
so you're 100% gtown now? sounds like you had a great experience!

Yep! I had the most amazing visit. Dean cornblatt was amazing and I got to chit chat with him a couple of times. I don't love the area that the school is in but I absolutely love the school. I just felt that we were treated so well and everyone went above and beyond. One of the directors of admissions overheard me and my mom talking about where to eat for dinner and she printed out menus and directions to some restaurants around the area and found us later on to give to us. It was just a great experience. It's not really fordham's fault that I didn't feel comfortable on the tour, it just wasn't a fit for me. Still love this thread, though :) am I kicked out?

that's so awesome!!! i kinda wish i'd applied there, too. BUT, i visited Fordham last night to sit in on a class (with the lovely OperaSoprano, no less!) and I got a very good vibe.

no word yet from NYU. there's been a small wave of rejections this week, which i seem to have dodged. WL, here i come!

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:43 pm

hannah87 wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
hannah87 wrote:

Yep! I had the most amazing visit. Dean cornblatt was amazing and I got to chit chat with him a couple of times. I don't love the area that the school is in but I absolutely love the school. I just felt that we were treated so well and everyone went above and beyond. One of the directors of admissions overheard me and my mom talking about where to eat for dinner and she printed out menus and directions to some restaurants around the area and found us later on to give to us. It was just a great experience. It's not really fordham's fault that I didn't feel comfortable on the tour, it just wasn't a fit for me. Still love this thread, though :) am I kicked out?

that's so awesome!!! i kinda wish i'd applied there, too. BUT, i visited Fordham last night to sit in on a class (with the lovely OperaSoprano, no less!) and I got a very good vibe.

no word yet from NYU. there's been a small wave of rejections this week, which i seem to have dodged. WL, here i come!

:cry:

I wanna do that!

I tried to walk into the building to "scope" things out and the mean lady wouldn't let me in. In hindsight I understand why, but this is a far cry from wustl where anyone can walk in....nyc bureaucracy ftl....but the location does rock- columbus circle and central park are just sooo close.

Waitingontheworld

Postby Waitingontheworld » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:45 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
Waitingontheworld wrote:I'm waiting for Fordham but should I bother anticipating an acceptance? my stats are a 3.6/ivy/154 lsat. I see people with better stats getting rejected and I just got waitlisted to my safety school. Ugh. I'm so depressed. But happy for those who got in. Congrats guys!

O dude I am sorry. The Ivy status wont help u too much....but its a good gpa- evr consider retaking? you need about 9-10 more points to be competitive

thanks. ill def. retake it if I don't get in anywhere. I didn't have any money to take a Kaplan course, and I was doing internships so I never had time to study for the LSATs. Now I'm hitting myself thinking maybe I should have just studied and not done internships. I also applied late. But right now I am just going to go ahead throw myself a pity party. :cry:

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:52 pm

Waitingontheworld wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:

thanks. ill def. retake it if I don't get in anywhere. I didn't have any money to take a Kaplan course, and I was doing internships so I never had time to study for the LSATs. Now I'm hitting myself thinking maybe I should have just studied and not done internships. I also applied late. But right now I am just going to go ahead throw myself a pity party. :cry:

high lsat >>>>> than all the internships in the world

Interminable_Waiting

Postby Interminable_Waiting » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:54 pm

It sounds like you really need to retake. Read some of the LSAT Prep threads to get a sense of how much people study for this. Don't go to Kaplan though.

SaintClarence27

Postby SaintClarence27 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:00 pm

Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matteliszt

Postby Matteliszt » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:14 pm

Did someone actually get in off the WL already?

tesoro

Postby tesoro » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:13 am

If you guys are vocal tomorrow about grabbing drinks after ASD, you'll probably end up hanging out with me (and not even know it). I'm sure a fair amount of people will be down :)

Very excited. Also, met with someone at admissions today. The booklets are being printed next week and should be mailed shortly thereafter. Sort of cutting it close to the deposit date, but still exciting. I thumbed through last year's book and it really does have everything we need-

See y'all in the A.M.

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:21 am

See you guys soon!

This is what I look like in case anyone is trying to find me :D

deleted

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:44 am

hannah87 wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
hannah87 wrote:

I so wish I could make the fordham asw today! I didn't love it on my tour but I feel like an asw is so much more fun :) to be honest, I think you just know if a school fits or not, ya know? I'm glad you liked the class from fordham, but I still think you'll make nyu! There's gotta be a reason they're holding onto you this long!

Jacinda

Postby Jacinda » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:37 pm

I'm on hold at Columbia with a 3.5/163 and URM. Does anyone think I have a chance there, or should I just hope Fordham comes through?

SaintClarence27

Postby SaintClarence27 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:56 pm

Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jacinda

Postby Jacinda » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:12 pm

SaintClarence27 wrote:
Jacinda wrote:I'm on hold at Columbia with a 3.5/163 and URM. Does anyone think I have a chance there, or should I just hope Fordham comes through?

I think you have a chance at Columbia, and I would honestly be SHOCKED if Fordham didn't come through.

O, my I hate this waiting process! I emailed reshalls at Fordham asking if their dorms are accessible. They bounced my email to disability services, who asked me to start getting accommodation paperwork going? Does that mean anything, or is he just super on top of things? Does anyone know if Columbia peeps are really cutthroat? Fordham peeps seem friendly. Last year I went to a welcome thing for AU, and the people were kinda rude. Like I'd go over to a group, and they just ignored me. How's the atmosphere at Fordham?

Herb Watchfell

Postby Herb Watchfell » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:35 pm

Jacinda wrote:I'm on hold at Columbia with a 3.5/163 and URM. Does anyone think I have a chance there, or should I just hope Fordham comes through?

It depends on what type of URM, but you have a decent shot at Columbia and a very, very good (almost guaranteed) shot at Fordham. I too would be shocked if they hand you a ding-a-ling.

Jacinda

Postby Jacinda » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:46 pm

Herb Watchfell wrote:

It depends on what type of URM, but you have a decent shot at Columbia and a very, very good (almost guaranteed) shot at Fordham. I too would be shocked if they hand you a ding-a-ling.

rofl ding-a-ling! Nice way to change it! I'm a Chinese disabled women.

sibley

Postby sibley » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:49 pm

Matteliszt wrote:Did someone actually get in off the WL already?

really? are they actually going to take people off of the WL this summer? did they in the past? what about in this nutso cycle? I haven't done my LOCI yet. I'd better.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:51 pm

Jacinda wrote:
Herb Watchfell wrote:

i didn't know that chinese counted as a URM. or is it because it's coupled with the disability? sorry if that's a dumb question, i'm genuinely curious.

sibley

Postby sibley » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:53 pm

Kim617 wrote:
Jacinda wrote:
Herb Watchfell wrote:

i didn't know that chinese counted as a URM. or is it because it's coupled with the disability? sorry if that's a dumb question, i'm genuinely curious.

being Chinese definitely doesn't count as URM. Someone Buzz'd me about an "Asian Dissuasion" amongst admissions offices...funny title, no?
http://www.good.is/post/is-there-an-asi ... admissions

Jacinda

Postby Jacinda » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:05 pm

Kim617 wrote:
Jacinda wrote:
Herb Watchfell wrote:

I think it's because it's coupled with the disability and woman. I went to Berkeley. You know how there's like a bazillion Asians/Chinese. There were only three disabled Chinese women. There were Chinese disabled men but women are rare. It's part of the culture - lock your disabled girl child up and don't educate her.

sibley

Postby sibley » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:08 pm

Jacinda wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
Jacinda wrote:
Herb Watchfell wrote:It depends on what type of URM, but you have a decent shot at Columbia and a very, very good (almost guaranteed) shot at Fordham. I too would be shocked if they hand you a ding-a-ling.

I think it's because it's coupled with the disability and woman. I went to Berkeley. You know how there's like a bazillion Asians/Chinese. There were only three disabled Chinese women. There were Chinese disabled men but women are rare. It's part of the culture - lock your disabled girl child up and don't educate her.

unfortunately I don't think adcomms delve that deeply into it.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”