Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jl2032

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby jl2032 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:44 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
jl2032 wrote:We need to have a TLS get together during ASD.

We should all wear something specific to recognize each other.

I vote for the Groucho style fake glasses, mustache, eyebrow combo.

+1 down to meet up

but not down for wearing the glasses? Another idea is to walk around with our tls s/n taped to our shirts.

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:46 pm

jl2032 wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:

+1 down to meet up

but not down for wearing the glasses? Another idea is to walk around with our tls s/n taped to our shirts.

I'm gonna be the one walking around with not only a name tag but under it, it will have my gpa/lsat combo and where I plan to summer my 1l and 2l years!

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:47 pm

kaydish21 wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:Who's going to the event on Saturday?

I am surprised Fordham's SBA isn't throwing us a mixer or something after 5 with a lil bit of booze

100% agree with this!

I live down the street /know the area pretty well. We can def make our own get together afterwards.

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:48 pm

jl2032 wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:

+1 down to meet up

While the glasses ARE an excellent idea, a group of us met up off-campus beforehand for the January ASD. Please send pictures if you decide to do it your way ;-)

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:38 pm

um whoever said they are disorganized was spot on. I came home to a second scholarship letter from Fordham, this one in a different (smaller) amount. I am confused.

SAE

Postby SAE » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:43 pm

chutzpah wrote:um whoever said they are disorganized was spot on. I came home to a second scholarship letter from Fordham, this one in a different (smaller) amount. I am confused.

Just add them together and there you have it! :shock:

seattlite

Postby seattlite » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:48 pm

bjf wrote:
afghan007 wrote:any 1/29 completes heard yet?

Yup, I was complete 1/29 and got dinged today. Not surprised at all...

I was a 1/29 complete and got waitlisted a couple of days ago for the PT Evening Program per the status checker (still have not got paperwork about it yet). I was pretty happy about the waitlist...now if some of these waitlists could turn into acceptances, that would be awesome! :D

So, it seems like the complete dates don't seem to indicate a systematic result... :idea:

Best of luck to you all!

starsong

Postby starsong » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:50 pm

chutzpah wrote:um whoever said they are disorganized was spot on. I came home to a second scholarship letter from Fordham, this one in a different (smaller) amount. I am confused.

Maybe that's your financial aid grant?

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:58 pm

starsong wrote:

Don't think so. Exact same wording and I haven't put in the financial aid paperwork yet. I emailed the lady and will call in the morning. I wish I could just add them together or give one to one of you guys :D

starsong

Postby starsong » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:20 pm

chutzpah wrote:
starsong wrote:

Don't think so. Exact same wording and I haven't put in the financial aid paperwork yet. I emailed the lady and will call in the morning. I wish I could just add them together or give one to one of you guys :D

Seriously weird! Good luck with that.

tesoro

Postby tesoro » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:21 pm

Hey, I know a bunch of you guys went to an earlier ASD. What was the typical attendee dressed like? Is jeans/collarstandard for guys? Or something more involved?

Thanks!

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:31 pm

tesoro wrote:Hey, I know a bunch of you guys went to an earlier ASD. What was the typical attendee dressed like? Is jeans/collarstandard for guys? Or something more involved?

Thanks!

they said casual on the phone. nothing formal. Jeans and a button down (untucked) would be more than enough for the guys

samiam123

Postby samiam123 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:11 pm

fyi-

adcom is currently reviewing late january/ early february apps...sit tight boys (and girls)

Herb Watchfell

Postby Herb Watchfell » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:14 pm

samiam123 wrote:fyi-

adcom is currently reviewing late january/ early february apps...sit tight boys (and girls)

blatant anti-hermaphrodite trolling

Foosters Galore

Postby Foosters Galore » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:07 am

afghan007 wrote:any 1/29 completes heard yet?

Complete 1/29 and notice of being placed on the WL appeared on my status checker on 3/24. Nothing in the mail yet obviously.

jk11287

Postby jk11287 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:28 am

So, are we gonna have a partyyyy after ASD? Trying to decide which train to take home, the earlier or the later..

evilgenius

Postby evilgenius » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:07 am

Complete 1/29 and still nothing. :-(.

x3sarah

Postby x3sarah » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:36 pm

Really? I was complete on 11/2/09 and I'm still waitlisted. :|

fenderjsm88

Postby fenderjsm88 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:18 pm

So right before I was about to withdraw, I get a letter from Fordham giving me an automatically-renewable $7500/yr (22,500 total) merit scholarship. Unfortunately, this only brings the total cost of attendance down to around 180k, so I'm still gonna withdraw, freeing up my space/money to someone that needs/wants it. Good luck!

td6624

Postby td6624 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:36 pm

x3sarah wrote:

Really? I was complete on 11/2/09 and I'm still waitlisted. :|

They're reviewing apps of people who haven't gotten a decision yet.

evilgenius

Postby evilgenius » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:40 pm

Hey just wondering - does anyone know if Fordham provides scholarship $ to part-time admits?

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:58 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
bryntax wrote:So I just now finished a tour at fordham and one at Cardozo. The difference was astounding. Everyone at Cardozo was so helpful and warm and met with me with no appointments. At fordham I was given the fastest worst tour of my life. The 3l was swearing constantly, telling us how the building sucked, that we shouldn't expect professors to be accessible, that the corporate law journal was the shittiest one. I was appalled that this guy was representing the school.

I am in central park right now, wishing operasoprano had given my tour :( this guy basically talked me out of fordham. If they can't get their students to sell their school, what does that say?

You have to look at these things with a big grain of salt. Every school will have people that love it and people that hate it. If this guy is a tour guide (it would seem odd to me for someone who seriously disliked the school to make the effort to be a tour guide), maybe he was just having a bad day / week and was overly stressed and let it affect the way he gave the tour. Let the research you've done on the programs guide you and talk to a variety of students. Don't let one guy totally sway your opinion.

I do understand where she's coming from, though. When I visited fordham, my tour guide was super nice but extremely stressed. Everyone I met was so frazzled, and this wasn't even midterms or finals. This isn't representative of the school, but I was a bit turned off by it whether that's irrational or not. Still, if her tour guide was saying that stuff, maybe he shouldn't have his job lol my fordham tour guide was decent but my georgetown tour guide knocked it out of the park. He answered every single obscure question and seemed so happy. That really does make you more comfortable on tour. They should really hire people that give that image because it does make you want to go there.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:01 pm

Kim617 wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
bryntax wrote:So I just now finished a tour at fordham and one at Cardozo. The difference was astounding. Everyone at Cardozo was so helpful and warm and met with me with no appointments. At fordham I was given the fastest worst tour of my life. The 3l was swearing constantly, telling us how the building sucked, that we shouldn't expect professors to be accessible, that the corporate law journal was the shittiest one. I was appalled that this guy was representing the school.

I am in central park right now, wishing operasoprano had given my tour :( this guy basically talked me out of fordham. If they can't get their students to sell their school, what does that say?

You have to look at these things with a big grain of salt. Every school will have people that love it and people that hate it. If this guy is a tour guide (it would seem odd to me for someone who seriously disliked the school to make the effort to be a tour guide), maybe he was just having a bad day / week and was overly stressed and let it affect the way he gave the tour. Let the research you've done on the programs guide you and talk to a variety of students. Don't let one guy totally sway your opinion.

I do understand where she's coming from, though. When I visited fordham, my tour guide was super nice but extremely stressed. Everyone I met was so frazzled, and this wasn't even midterms or finals. This isn't representative of the school, but I was a bit turned off by it whether that's irrational or not. Still, if her tour guide was saying that stuff, maybe he shouldn't have his job lol my fordham tour guide was decent but my georgetown tour guide knocked it out of the park. He answered every single obscure question and seemed so happy. That really does make you more comfortable on tour. They should really hire people that give that image because it does make you want to go there.

so you're 100% gtown now? sounds like you had a great experience!

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:07 pm

hannah87 wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

so you're 100% gtown now? sounds like you had a great experience!

Yep! I had the most amazing visit. Dean cornblatt was amazing and I got to chit chat with him a couple of times. I don't love the area that the school is in but I absolutely love the school. I just felt that we were treated so well and everyone went above and beyond. One of the directors of admissions overheard me and my mom talking about where to eat for dinner and she printed out menus and directions to some restaurants around the area and found us later on to give to us. It was just a great experience. It's not really fordham's fault that I didn't feel comfortable on the tour, it just wasn't a fit for me. Still love this thread, though :) am I kicked out?

Btw hannah, have you heard from nyu?!

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:11 pm

jk11287 wrote:So, are we gonna have a partyyyy after ASD? Trying to decide which train to take home, the earlier or the later..

dunno bout a party but i def wanna socialize with some of my potential classmates! doesn't seem like anyone else is interested :(

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”