Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Kim617

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Kim617 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:47 pm

sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:so... minority births are supposed to outweigh white births in 2010. does that make me an urm now? =) =)

...sorry kim. i couldn't comment on the admitted students event because I was waitlisted. hmph. hope you all have fun though!

haha no i think you'll be an ORM (over represented minority) :wink:

oh my GOD I was totally going to edit my post to say that instead! we're like... meant to be. marry me? it's legal in dc now I hear =)

hahaha yeah seriously get out of my head... your boyfriend might get jealous.

Foosters Galore

Postby Foosters Galore » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:36 am

Hello everyone! Checked my status today and i have officially been waitlisted. I have not been following this thread bc I never thought I had much of a chance at Fordham, and in all honesty I'm pretty sure I still don't. Anyway, nice to be a part of the unstoppable force that is this 270+ page behemoth.

jk11287

Postby jk11287 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:51 am

So, randomly, after I was told by certain people at Fordham that I didn't have what it takes to be a law student, I was admitted off the WL. I think I'm going to this thing on Saturday, anyone else? I'm still leaning towards GW though...

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:57 am

jk11287 wrote:So, randomly, after I was told by certain people at Fordham that I didn't have what it takes to be a law student, I was admitted off the WL. I think I'm going to this thing on Saturday, anyone else? I'm still leaning towards GW though...

Wow, WL movement! How did you hear? Did you write a LOCI?

Congrats!

jk11287

Postby jk11287 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:06 am

beef wellington wrote:
jk11287 wrote:So, randomly, after I was told by certain people at Fordham that I didn't have what it takes to be a law student, I was admitted off the WL. I think I'm going to this thing on Saturday, anyone else? I'm still leaning towards GW though...

Congrats!

Thanks. Um, I dont know, I probably shouldn't have said "waitlist" because I don't know if it was official. I was an early action candidate who never heard back after Dec. 15 so I called Dean Brown and was informed that my application was being held because they were concerned abotu some dropped classes, etc. He said if I wrote a letter explaning the inconsistencies on my transcript, they would reconsider, but for now it was "waitlisted." Anyway, I was pretty mad about it and I didn't write anything because I had already gotten into GW and was planning on going there...and then randomly I got an email saying I had been accepted.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:10 am

Could you perhaps elaborate a little more on that?

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:33 am

jk11287 wrote:
beef wellington wrote:

Congrats!

Thanks. Um, I dont know, I probably shouldn't have said "waitlist" because I don't know if it was official. I was an early action candidate who never heard back after Dec. 15 so I called Dean Brown and was informed that my application was being held because they were concerned abotu some dropped classes, etc. He said if I wrote a letter explaning the inconsistencies on my transcript, they would reconsider, but for now it was "waitlisted." Anyway, I was pretty mad about it and I didn't write anything because I had already gotten into GW and was planning on going there...and then randomly I got an email saying I had been accepted.

So, your status checker never said you were waitlisted? And, you never got the waitlist form via snail mail?

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:37 am

Who's going to the event on Saturday?

I am surprised Fordham's SBA isn't throwing us a mixer or something after 5 with a lil bit of booze

Always Credited

Postby Always Credited » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:43 pm

Will be at Fordham ASD.

Looking for nancy, nygirrrl, forza, emrose, ect....get at me homies.

Edit: oh yeah, and Foch. Need Foch.

jl2032

Postby jl2032 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:50 pm

We need to have a TLS get together during ASD.

We should all wear something specific to recognize each other.

I vote for the Groucho style fake glasses, mustache, eyebrow combo.

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:55 pm

Always Credited wrote:Will be at Fordham ASD.

Looking for nancy, nygirrrl, forza, emrose, ect....get at me homies.

Edit: oh yeah, and Foch. Need Foch.

AC! Pmed you!

Jacinda

Postby Jacinda » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:43 pm

why is there no protestant group at fordham?

SaintClarence27

Postby SaintClarence27 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:55 pm

Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cherryalamode

Postby cherryalamode » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:44 pm

Where has nygrrrl gone? Has she been accepted?

SAE

Postby SAE » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:50 pm

cherryalamode wrote:Where has nygrrrl gone? Has she been accepted?

wow that avatar is annoying...

cherryalamode

Postby cherryalamode » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:52 pm

I know... :wink:

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:53 pm

cherryalamode wrote:Where has nygrrrl gone? Has she been accepted?

She's still waiting to hear.

bryntax

Postby bryntax » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:00 pm

So I just now finished a tour at fordham and one at Cardozo. The difference was astounding. Everyone at Cardozo was so helpful and warm and met with me with no appointments. At fordham I was given the fastest worst tour of my life. The 3l was swearing constantly, telling us how the building sucked, that we shouldn't expect professors to be accessible, that the corporate law journal was the shittiest one. I was appalled that this guy was representing the school.

I am in central park right now, wishing operasoprano had given my tour :( this guy basically talked me out of fordham. If they can't get their students to sell their school, what does that say?

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:03 pm

bryntax wrote:So I just now finished a tour at fordham and one at Cardozo. The difference was astounding. Everyone at Cardozo was so helpful and warm and met with me with no appointments. At fordham I was given the fastest worst tour of my life. The 3l was swearing constantly, telling us how the building sucked, that we shouldn't expect professors to be accessible, that the corporate law journal was the shittiest one. I was appalled that this guy was representing the school.

I am in central park right now, wishing operasoprano had given my tour :( this guy basically talked me out of fordham. If they can't get their students to sell their school, what does that say?

you know bryn when I went to cardozo I wasn't impressed with my tour guide at all. she hardly showed us anything and was really neutral about the whole place. and old. I guess the other people had better guides though.
you're in the park? go get yourself a peanut butter milkshake from shakeshack. it'll help.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:12 pm

bryntax wrote:So I just now finished a tour at fordham and one at Cardozo. The difference was astounding. Everyone at Cardozo was so helpful and warm and met with me with no appointments. At fordham I was given the fastest worst tour of my life. The 3l was swearing constantly, telling us how the building sucked, that we shouldn't expect professors to be accessible, that the corporate law journal was the shittiest one. I was appalled that this guy was representing the school.

You have to look at these things with a big grain of salt. Every school will have people that love it and people that hate it. If this guy is a tour guide (it would seem odd to me for someone who seriously disliked the school to make the effort to be a tour guide), maybe he was just having a bad day / week and was overly stressed and let it affect the way he gave the tour. Let the research you've done on the programs guide you and talk to a variety of students. Don't let one guy totally sway your opinion.

Matteliszt

Postby Matteliszt » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:28 pm

I haven't read up on this thread - did people get in off the wait list already?
Goosey did you get in to PT?

afghan007

Postby afghan007 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:31 pm

any 1/29 completes heard yet?

kaydish21

Postby kaydish21 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:47 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:Who's going to the event on Saturday?

I am surprised Fordham's SBA isn't throwing us a mixer or something after 5 with a lil bit of booze

100% agree with this!

bjf

Postby bjf » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:59 pm

afghan007 wrote:any 1/29 completes heard yet?

Yup, I was complete 1/29 and got dinged today. Not surprised at all...

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:34 pm

jl2032 wrote:We need to have a TLS get together during ASD.

We should all wear something specific to recognize each other.

I vote for the Groucho style fake glasses, mustache, eyebrow combo.

+1 down to meet up

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”