Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Kim617

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Kim617 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:32 pm

jl2032 wrote:The BC and GW thing is weird. Maybe they didn't know you were URM?

I found myself envying my baby cousin last week for her URM status. She isn't even a year old.

My nephews are half mexican, I'm so jealous.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:35 pm

Kim617 wrote:

I found myself envying my baby cousin last week for her URM status. She isn't even a year old.

I'm 1/8th some-sort-of-Iroquois. I envy my Cherokee 2nd cousins someodd removed.

jl2032

Postby jl2032 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:35 pm

Kim617 wrote:

My cousin is half Dominican, half Mexican.

My mom's side is dark-skinned Dominicans, but I'm pretty white. So I checked Hispanic, but couldn't go through with checking anything but "white" under race.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:37 pm

jl2032 wrote:
Kim617 wrote:

My mom's side is dark-skinned Dominicans, but I'm pretty white. So I checked Hispanic, but couldn't go through with checking anything but "white" under race.

Ugh, sucks. My mom is Sicilian and Calabrese. She looks darker than most Dominicans, but she doesn't qualift :) meanwhile, I'm pale as a ghost, with light brown hair and really light brown eyes. Oh wellz.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:38 pm

Kim617 wrote:
jl2032 wrote:
Kim617 wrote:

Ugh, sucks. My mom is Sicilian and Calabrese. She looks darker than most Dominicans, but she doesn't qualift :) meanwhile, I'm pale as a ghost, with light brown hair and really light brown eyes. Oh wellz.

we're just gonna have to work on our tans. and I'll have my cousins adopt me.

goosey

Postby goosey » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:48 pm

waitlisted.

waiting it out :)

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:50 pm

goosey wrote:waitlisted.

i was hoping they'd just admit you! GOOD LUCK!

jl2032

Postby jl2032 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:50 pm

Is that waitlist for PT?

badpixie

Postby badpixie » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:57 pm

Lots of movement today. Congrats to those who have been accepted!

I am going to continue to allow myself to imagine that I haven't heard anything yet because some nice adcomm is scrambling around trying to scrape together some merit aid for me. :wink:

ryguy

Postby ryguy » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:58 pm

Sorry goosey!!!

badpixie

Postby badpixie » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:59 pm

aw, goosey, I'm sorry. :(

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:02 pm

Kim617 wrote:Ugh, sucks. My mom is Sicilian and Calabrese. She looks darker than most Dominicans, but she doesn't qualift :) meanwhile, I'm pale as a ghost, with light brown hair and really light brown eyes. Oh wellz.

I'm Italian (mostly Sicilian) and Lebanese -- was pretty surprised that most schools don't even have a check box for Middle Eastern (or group it with "white").

goosey

Postby goosey » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:40 pm

jl2032 wrote:

Is that waitlist for PT?

yeah its part-time

I'm not entirely sad about it because my situation is a little different and I had been in touch with admissions about it...and this is more of a "lets wait and see" kind of thing. I have a lot of things to figure out right now (like how I will pay for fordham if I get in off the waitlist) and I think this gives me some time to do so...

good luck to others though!

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:41 pm

goosey wrote:
jl2032 wrote:

Is that waitlist for PT?

yeah its part-time

I'm not entirely sad about it because my situation is a little different and I had been in touch with admissions about it...and this is more of a "lets wait and see" kind of thing. I have a lot of things to figure out right now (like how I will pay for fordham if I get in off the waitlist) and I think this gives me some time to do so...

GOOD LUCK!!

Steve Zissou

Postby Steve Zissou » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:31 pm

zzz.

When do we start the countdown to April 15th?

I hope a lot of people withdraw/don't pay the seat deposit. :roll:

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:03 pm

goosey wrote:
jl2032 wrote:

Is that waitlist for PT?

yeah its part-time

Aw goosey, good luck!

Lolek

Postby Lolek » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:32 pm

Alright, well looks like I'm back to this thread after taking a WL break in mid February.

Now awaiting the start of the active WL, which I'm hoping is as of April 15th.

I sent my LOCI with my WL form, which I have a question about that went unanswered a few pages back. Do they, in any way, inform you that they received this form back, or is it just something that you send in and that's it? Since I haven't seen any type of update on my page, I'm assuming its the latter and they don't say anything.

For all those WL, good luck and let's hopefully get in.

For those rejected, it's a real tough cycle with Fordham and I hope you get in wherever else you'd like to go!

For those accepted, I hope to be with you, congrats.

law_lover

Postby law_lover » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:41 pm

Waitlisted today. I have a nice collection of WLs now.

Jacinda

Postby Jacinda » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:46 pm

I'm full blooded brown girl, although I know nothing about my heritage ROFL!

Jacinda

Postby Jacinda » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:32 pm

In other words, does DNA make you a URM? Shouldn't life experiences matter more?

Herb Watchfell

Postby Herb Watchfell » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:37 pm

Jacinda wrote:I'm full blooded brown girl, although I know nothing about my heritage ROFAIL!

much better

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:39 pm

Jacinda wrote:In other words, does DNA make you a URM? Shouldn't life experiences matter more?

i personally don't think what race/color you are should matter at all. they should look at numbers, your personal statement, and your resume. i worked just as hard to get my grades and my score as anyone else. it didn't come easier for me because i'm not a URM. ridiculous.

SAE

Postby SAE » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:40 pm

Kim617 wrote:
Jacinda wrote:In other words, does DNA make you a URM? Shouldn't life experiences matter more?

i personally don't think what race/color you are should matter at all. they should look at numbers, your personal statement, and your resume. i worked just as hard to get my grades and my score as anyone else. it didn't come easier for me because i'm not a URM. ridiculous.

lol.. Try raising this point on the URM board. I'll tell you you won't be the first one. :mrgreen:

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:41 pm

SAE wrote:
Kim617 wrote:

lol.. Try raising this point on the URM board. I'll tell you you won't be the first one. :mrgreen:

i know they don't really care. but what's true is true. if i was a URM my cycle would be very different.

jl2032

Postby jl2032 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:42 pm

It has nothing to do with how much your ethnicity has impacted your life. Although, that's good for a diversity statement.

The point of enrolling more URM's is that schools want to do their part to make it so that the racial/ethnic population in law school (and thereafter, in the law profession itself) reflects the general population's racial/ethnic makeup.

So, it doesn't matter if it's a really important part of your life as long as you belong to the group.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”