Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sibley

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:03 pm

SAE wrote:
sibley wrote:
SAE wrote:
sibley wrote:nygrrrl... you get an update today? come on, come back to the thread. we really don't bite.

I got a feeling that Fordham does..

like she's fishing or like she's surfing?

Like she's gotten dinged.

maybe the same day I got WL and that's why she hasn't been back since? ding not wl you think?

Fordhamorbust

Postby Fordhamorbust » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:04 pm

WL today via status checker. 3.76/164. Decent softs too, at least I though... MBA, financial analyst job, student leadership positions, blah blah blah.
Anyways, good luck to my fellow waitlisters. What happens next? LOCI? Do they send us a form? Any help by those knowledgeable would be great!

joonhp

Postby joonhp » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:05 pm

i wonder if fordham really looks at the PS as much as dean brown said in his interview...i'm seeing a lot of people getting in or waitlisted who have numbers similar to or even worse in some cases than some dings.

SAE

Postby SAE » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:07 pm

sibley wrote:maybe the same day I got WL and that's why she hasn't been back since? ding not wl you think?

After being wl'ed myself, I took somewhat of a break from this thread and am now starting to get back in as the deposit deadline and wl activity approach.

If I had to guess, complete and sudden disappearance means bad news. If I remember correctly, it was Fordham or nothing for her.

Law Schooler

Postby Law Schooler » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:08 pm

[quote="sibley
lol. basically still in undergrad. you find a job?[/quote]

No planning to go to law schhol this Fall. Don't know where though. WL at UVA, BU, Emory, Cardozo. Got into St. John's ($$$), Seton Hall($$$) and UF ($$$). Waiting for USC, UNC, BC, Brooklyn.

ryguy

Postby ryguy » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:09 pm

I think there comes a point where they can't admit anymore, and risk over admitting. Remember apps. are wayyyy up this year! There are the same number of seats as in previous years....

SAE

Postby SAE » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:10 pm

Fordhamorbust wrote:WL today via status checker. 3.76/164. Decent softs too, at least I though... MBA, financial analyst job, student leadership positions, blah blah blah.
Anyways, good luck to my fellow waitlisters. What happens next? LOCI? Do they send us a form? Any help by those knowledgeable would be great!

LOCI is never a bad idea. I got my form at the current address about 2 weeks after the wl status update.

badpixie

Postby badpixie » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:12 pm

SAE wrote:
sibley wrote:maybe the same day I got WL and that's why she hasn't been back since? ding not wl you think?

After being wl'ed myself, I took somewhat of a break from this thread and am now starting to get back in as the deposit deadline and wl activity approach.

If I had to guess, complete and sudden disappearance means bad news. If I remember correctly, it was Fordham or nothing for her.

The last time I heard from her (about a week ago), she was still waiting to hear.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:14 pm

badpixie wrote:
SAE wrote:

The last time I heard from her (about a week ago), she was still waiting to hear.

I pmed her about that long ago asking her what was up but she never got back to me. she's been posting in the jdu road trip thread...

SAE

Postby SAE » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:14 pm

badpixie wrote:
SAE wrote:

Maybe she gave us up for Lent? :D

Law Schooler

Postby Law Schooler » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:14 pm

Law Schooler wrote:Just found out that I have been Denied by Fordham through Status Checker.
162 3.88. PT Program. Complete 1/12. Decision date 3/23.

I guess this is Goodbye for me from this Fourm. Thank you all. You all were very helpful.

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:17 pm

Law Schooler wrote:
Law Schooler wrote:Just found out that I have been Denied by Fordham through Status Checker.

I guess this is Goodbye for me from this Fourm. Thank you all. You all were very helpful.

same here. peaceout. and is there some way to untag a thread?

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:17 pm

Law Schooler wrote:

good luck!

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:18 pm

Law Schooler wrote:

you can still hang out!

LiveFree

Postby LiveFree » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:18 pm

What ever happened to NYgirlll? Did she get in?

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:19 pm

SAE wrote:
badpixie wrote:
SAE wrote:

nah that started ages ago, right kim?

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:21 pm

sibley wrote:
SAE wrote:
badpixie wrote:
SAE wrote:After being wl'ed myself, I took somewhat of a break from this thread and am now starting to get back in as the deposit deadline and wl activity approach.

nah that started ages ago, right kim?

haha yeah, lent began on ash wednesday! only a week and a half left to go!

rodewan

Postby rodewan » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:21 pm

yo guys also wl'ed today via status checker, bahh, up in loci heaven

x3sarah

Postby x3sarah » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:22 pm

I just checked my status today and I'm still waitlisted.

I've sent in an LOCI and two additional LORs from Fordham alumni already. Are any of those who reside in NYC planning on going to the campus and visiting the Admissions Office or taking a tour of the law school?
Last edited by x3sarah on Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cyh

Postby cyh » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:22 pm

rodewan wrote:yo guys also wl'ed today via status checker, bahh, up in loci heaven

when did u apply / go complete?

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:22 pm

LiveFree wrote:What ever happened to NYgirlll? Did she get in?

She moved over to the future JDUers of American roaming shitshow thread. where she calls people sluts and tells others she <3s them.

JusticeHarlan

Postby JusticeHarlan » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:23 pm

I'd sworn off this forum while on spring break, but just saw I got WL'ed today and thought I'd share. Had been complete 12/29, numbers in LSN in profile.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:24 pm

JusticeHarlan wrote:I'd sworn off this forum while on spring break, but just saw I got WL'ed today and thought I'd share. Had been complete 12/29, numbers in LSN in profile.

sorry about that =( lsn says you're only in at 1 school... that where you're goin??

cyh

Postby cyh » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:28 pm

sibley wrote:
JusticeHarlan wrote:I'd sworn off this forum while on spring break, but just saw I got WL'ed today and thought I'd share. Had been complete 12/29, numbers in LSN in profile.

sorry about that =( lsn says you're only in at 1 school... that where you're goin??

In @ Fordham!

Current Status: Your deposit is due by April 15th 2010
Current Status Date: 3/24/2010
Decision Status: Congratulations you have been admitted!
Decision Status Date: 3/24/2010

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:29 pm

cyh wrote:
sibley wrote:

In @ Fordham!

Current Status: Your deposit is due by April 15th 2010
Current Status Date: 3/24/2010
Decision Status: Congratulations you have been admitted!
Decision Status Date: 3/24/2010

wow surprised it's not an all-ding day. what are your stats?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”