Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
cyh

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby cyh » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:41 pm

danidancer wrote:
Kim617 wrote:it's a little annoying that ASW for both fordham and georgetown are this weekend. sorry fordhamites, i won't be seeing you :(

This weekend and the week of April 9 are biggies. I think every school I was accepted to had something this weekend or that weekend. Luckily, I was able to rule most of them out without visiting (career goals, money, etc), or I would have been trying to burn the candle at so many ends. As it is, I'm trying to arrange visits to all/most of my WL schools... Grr!

NYU, Fordham, BU, and GTown-- all the same weekends! :shock:

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:42 pm

cyh wrote:
danidancer wrote:
Kim617 wrote:it's a little annoying that ASW for both fordham and georgetown are this weekend. sorry fordhamites, i won't be seeing you :(

This weekend and the week of April 9 are biggies. I think every school I was accepted to had something this weekend or that weekend. Luckily, I was able to rule most of them out without visiting (career goals, money, etc), or I would have been trying to burn the candle at so many ends. As it is, I'm trying to arrange visits to all/most of my WL schools... Grr!

NYU, Fordham, BU, and GTown-- all the same weekends! :shock:

good thing nyu rejected me or else i would've had a tough decision to make this weekend :?

jl2032

Postby jl2032 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:13 pm

UPenn has theirs this weekend as well.

:(

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:16 pm

jl2032 wrote:UPenn has theirs this weekend as well.

Seriously, just go to UPenn. Fordham shouldn't be in the equation at all, unless they gave you a full ride, and even then...

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:36 pm

Yeah not really sure what the issue is here....

T10 Ivy League law school vs T30 (#3 in NY) PT program.

cyh

Postby cyh » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:39 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

Yeah not really sure what the issue is here....

T10 Ivy League law school vs T30 (#3 in NY) PT program.

+1

Shouldn't even be a thought :cry:

cyh

Postby cyh » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:41 pm

I'm actually pretty annoyed with Fordham for drawing out this process into a long one, waiting forever to accept applicants who are clearly qualified....

They ask about the other schools to which you have applied, and I believe this is the reason they have been holding my app since January....

...I am expecting some WLing and YPing in the next few weeks.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:55 pm

cyh wrote:I'm actually pretty annoyed with Fordham for drawing out this process into a long one.

Yes it is quite frustrating. Not much to do except grin a bear it.

Jacinda

Postby Jacinda » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:55 pm

Does anyone know if Fordham is a practicing Jesuit School like Notre Dame is Catholic, Pepperdine Christian, or Brigham Young Mormon? Will I be discriminated against if I am not a Jesuit? At Pepperdine, they exclude you if you're not a hardcore conservative Christian.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:58 pm

Jacinda wrote:Does anyone know if Fordham is a practicing Jesuit School like Notre Dame is Catholic, Pepperdine Christian, or Brigham Young Mormon? Will I be discriminated against if I am not a Jesuit? At Pepperdine, they exclude you if you're not a hardcore conservative Christian.

seriously? it's diverse and full of Jews as far as I know. i doubt anyone is discriminated against.

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:03 pm

hannah87 wrote:
Jacinda wrote:Does anyone know if Fordham is a practicing Jesuit School like Notre Dame is Catholic, Pepperdine Christian, or Brigham Young Mormon? Will I be discriminated against if I am not a Jesuit? At Pepperdine, they exclude you if you're not a hardcore conservative Christian.

seriously? it's diverse and full of Jews as far as I know. i doubt anyone is discriminated against.

+1

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:07 pm

hannah87 wrote:

The Jesuits are a religious order of Catholicism -- priests and priests to be -- so its likely none of the students are Jesuit. Jesuits are known for their committment to tolerance, academia, and social justice. Georgetown and BC are also Jesuit institutions and both have pretty significant non-Christian populations.

ZXCVBNM

Postby ZXCVBNM » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:08 pm

hannah87 wrote:

I can confirm that it is diverse and there is no discrimination. They actually give off for Yom Kippur and there are plenty of diverse students as you will see.

Jacinda

Postby Jacinda » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:16 pm

Great! Just wanted to make sure because I didn't want another ND or Pepperdine around.

Lolek

Postby Lolek » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:28 pm

When are they looking at the wait list officially? Seems like if they are only at mid-January applicants this is going to take forever...

I've sent in my wait list form along with a LOCI, am I supposed to hear anything about them receiving it or is it just a wait now?

1ferret!

Postby 1ferret! » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:06 pm

your assertions are as inflamatory as they are unfounded

DEANBIGBROTHERALMI-T

Postby DEANBIGBROTHERALMI-T » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:14 pm

dinged today. womp womp.

i wanted to get in, but i guess this just makes it easier to take this st.john's full ride i have on the table.

was contemplating fordham at sticker if i got in. wasnt meant to be.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:17 pm

cyh wrote:I'm actually pretty annoyed with Fordham for drawing out this process into a long one, waiting forever to accept applicants who are clearly qualified....

They ask about the other schools to which you have applied, and I believe this is the reason they have been holding my app since January....

I figured the same thing about my app, but I eventually got my acceptance with $. I think you should just show some interest, maybe go for a visit and speak to an admissions counselor? I don't think they really YP...

cyh

Postby cyh » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:49 pm

DEANBIGBROTHERALMI-T wrote:dinged today. womp womp.

i wanted to get in, but i guess this just makes it easier to take this st.john's full ride i have on the table.

was contemplating fordham at sticker if i got in. wasnt meant to be.

when did you apply?

cyh

Postby cyh » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:52 pm

Kim617 wrote:
cyh wrote:I'm actually pretty annoyed with Fordham for drawing out this process into a long one, waiting forever to accept applicants who are clearly qualified....

I figured the same thing about my app, but I eventually got my acceptance with $. I think you should just show some interest, maybe go for a visit and speak to an admissions counselor? I don't think they really YP...

when did you apply/ go complete?
I sent a LOCI, even though I am still under review (since JANAUARY :shock: ).. figured that should help.
I'm from NY, which is why I'm even considering Fordham. Seems a little silly though because I'm in @ BU with 90k, and I don't think Fordham can match that.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:53 pm

cyh wrote:
Kim617 wrote:

when did you apply/ go complete?
I sent a LOCI, even though I am still under review (since JANAUARY :shock: ).. figured that should help.
I'm from NY, which is why I'm even considering Fordham. Seems a little silly though because I'm in @ BU with 90k, and I don't think Fordham can match that.

I went complete on 12/9 and only found out a couple of weeks ago, so you're not waiting THAT long. I know it's annoying though :?

joonhp

Postby joonhp » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:22 pm

if you get dinged via status checker...how does it show up when you log in?

Herb Watchfell

Postby Herb Watchfell » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:34 pm

joonhp wrote:if you get dinged via status checker...how does it show up when you log in?

--ImageRemoved--

angioletto

Postby angioletto » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:36 pm

Rejected via status checker today. I applied on 1-23. But I also withdrew last month. I was checking the status checker to see if it confirmed that I withdrew but instead it said rejected. I assume I would have been rejected anyways but maybe they just couldn't handle the idea that I rejected them?
Last edited by angioletto on Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

angioletto

Postby angioletto » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:37 pm

Here's what it says:

Current Status: Your application is complete
Current Status Date: 1/29/2010
Decision Status: Unfortunately, you have been denied
Decision Status Date: 3/23/2010

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”